Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonights Latest-Tuesday 2nd Nov

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    Derek o'brien almost scored one of the goals of the season...but he missed! Bray were fairly muck tbh, monaghan should beat them.
    I'm not saying that Monaghan won't beat us, but I will say that by all accounts I've received that performance was far from what we've usually seen over last couple of months and far from what we expect from ourselves in the next two games.

Not trying to take credit away from Galway though, not the first time they've beaten us at Terryland this season and the better team won on the night.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I DEMAND A REPLAY!!!

Anyone have john delaneys number?
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I reckon Paul Mc Laughlin was the best ref we've had home or away for a few years.

Can see him doing plenty of premier games next season.

Well done Mons and good luck against Bray.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Monaghan deserved their win and were much better. We were very flat. What a change from Saturday nights 2nd half performance. Free kick for 3rd Monaghan goal was very soft and looked like WJ Kiely was tripped on edge of box in 2nd half but can't complain with result. Good luck in play off final.

7. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

ya

Good crowd but heard a few, when I sat in the new stand at the beginning, say they were given free tickets. And that was from a few different groups of people. (Im not trying to insinuate anything happened en masse here). quote

Yes 18 bray fans got free tickets, As a united fan i wasnt impressed with this . If i go to bray i insist on paying in to support the clubs. Bray requested they get in 18 free just before the game no guest list or anything and the powers that be in Galway let them in. funny thing is the powers that be wouldnt let any galway fans in for free, season ticket holders or otherwise. Karl & David Shepards family came down from Dublin & they paid in, bought raffle tickets and programmes they didnt have this "entitlement" feeling that they should get it free. They like most fans done the decent thing

Its the mentality of those usually involved with clubs that expect to get in free at nearly all grounds they visit. They are usually the biggest moaners when players and staff dont get paid, they take take take. im also sure if you check out who the 18 were they were probably net takers from the league club and officials, not the lads that travel regularly to bray away games. it would be worth your while asking that at the bray agm
    Last edited by geezer; 03/11/2010 at 8:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    I like how Waterford fans are annoyed a Monaghan based ref was appointed because he would be biased towards Monaghan and Monaghan are annoyed that a Monaghan based ref was appointed because he would be biased towards Waterford...

Anyway, was a nice trip down (didn't realise that it was motorway the whole way), good to see a match again and whatever people are saying about Philly's free, I enjoyed his diving header from the low cross from little Barry Clancy
    enjoyed the header myself and spotted the kildare county top

Monaghan where by far the better team on the night creating much more going forward. I thought that number 9 for mon showed some very good touches on a tricky night. For waterford paul murphy and the number 30 where good. Mon free for third goal was a little soft but still a great free. As for willie john on the edge of the box he delay time was a bit slow if had of gone down quicker would have gotten the free.

The ref performance was one of the better ones I have seen this yr (does not say a lot I know) the linesman on the old stand side had a few dubious decisions alright but still a good performance by officials.
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    P.S how hot is Salthill's physio?
    Very!!!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,270 Posts
    Amazing result for Monaghan given their recent slump; some recovery to seemingly hammer Waterford away.

Worrying result for Cobh; I'm sure they'd strengthen if they do come up, but not a good omen to lose at home to a Salthill side who are probably one of the weakest teams the LoI has seen in a long while.

Vaguely surprising result in Galway. Arguably Monaghan have the upper hand for the play-off now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Amazing result for Monaghan given their recent slump; some recovery to seemingly hammer Waterford away.

Worrying result for Cobh; I'm sure they'd strengthen if they do come up, but not a good omen to lose at home to a Salthill side who are probably one of the weakest teams the LoI has seen in a long while.

Vaguely surprising result in Galway. Arguably Monaghan have the upper hand for the play-off now.
    Great win for Mons, given the teams' respective form going into the game there looked like only one possible outcome but that's 4 times in 4 that Monaghan have beaten Waterford this season. There away form has been excellent too.

Not sure Galway's win was as surprising as you make out. Our recent bad form coincided with Barry Ryan missing about 5 games, I don't think it's any coincidence that we started leaking goals and looking shaky at the back when he was out.
    Last night we had everyone available apart from Ciaran Foley and proved that we're worthy of our place in the Premier.

Bray were very disappointing last night and I was surprised they had Jake Kelly on the wing instead of up front. In the second half they moved to a more 4-3-3 when they brought on O'Neill for Chris Shields but overall we were comfortable and should have scored a second. Gary Dempsey had a poor game too and with Mitchell's sending off (quite harsh) they'll be stretched at the back for the game in Monaghan. I suppose the good news is if Colm Tresson plays he'll just be up against Philly Hughes so pace is not a necessity!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Not sure Galway's win was as surprising as you make out. Our recent bad form coincided with Barry Ryan missing about 5 games
    That's true I suppose; it just looked like Galway's form (and morale) had gone the same way as Monaghan's, while Bray's revival made them seem more like Waterford (granted, with a dip at the end which many have overlooked), yet Galway hey still managed to pull a big result out of the bag.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Monaghan well deserved their win alright, doubt you'll find any Bues fan who'd say otherwise.

Strange three goals we conceded, from our point of view something poor about each of them, from the Mons' something great.
    First was down to a very uncharacteristic error, but Lynch was quickest to react. Twice.
    Genuinely think the second was well offside (hopefully will see on the Blues blog) but a super goal nonetheless. Lovely move, swift and incisive. Kind of goal you almost don't mind conceding. Almost.
    Third was never a free, but what a free kick!

Gutted though, with the result, with the performance, and the fact the lads did so well over the last month to get themselves back into second. Maybe it was just a game too much, who knows.
    No doubt though the best team on the night won. Would like to see them finish the job now.
    Last edited by stann; 03/11/2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: de-retarding a sentence
    more bass

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Cant help but feel that Bray shot themselves in the foot. They put in a huge effort against us, so much that 2 of their players got cramp. Admirable but not very smart.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ARooney28 View Post
    Bray looked like they were never going to score tonight. They were very shaky at the back all night. Jake Kelly was probably the pick of the bunch for Bray. Bet his man on numerous occasions but his final ball, like all of his teammate's, was very very poor. Galway were ok, Sheppard played well as well as O'Brien (as much as it pains me to say it). Poor game in general though. Good crowd but heard a few, when I sat in the new stand at the beginning, say they were given free tickets. And that was from a few different groups of people. (Im not trying to insinuate anything happened en masse here). Bray fan seemed to be getting arrested last time I saw it. Took a swing at a steward, for no apparent reason. There was also an elderly man complaing to the guards about him being hit by the same fan, so I'd say it was to do with this rather than the ref, who was absolutely terrible tonight.
    There were Free Tickets been given out on Local Radio all day Monday & Tuesday as GBFM gave fantastic coverage of the game after Sundays Hurling Finak was over. The crowd was over 1600 counting kids and the amazing amount of Blazers Bray had.

Huge Credit to Noel Connolly and the Ground Staff who worked a miracle in getting the pitch playable as we had a deluge from 3am the night before upto about 2 hours before Kick Off. This detered the fairweathers and probaly knocked about 500 of the gate. Biggest Home Support all year as Bray had 100 at most.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Should probobly apoligise to fans of Bray and Waterford for putting "kiss of death" on them by tipping them to win last night (did warn ye)
    Last edited by marinobohs; 03/11/2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: slow on the uptake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    When was the last time Cork, Waterford, Limerick and Cobh were all in the same division?
    Cobh have a lot to do after last night to make it happen for next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Should probobly apoligise to fans of Bray and Waterford for putting "kiss of death" on them by tipping them to win last night (did warn ye)

As revenge for the damage they did Bohs this season I am 110% (if not more ) tipping Galway to win by 5 clear goals in the play off.
    You're really on a bad run, it's Bray that are in the play off.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Congrats to Mons, sounds like they deserved it on the night and, for me, deserved it over the season. Seems the common thought on who is going to be in the Premier League is shifting after a couple of surprise results. Still think it's Bray's too lose but would love to see Mons in the Premier.
    Last edited by SwanVsDalton; 03/11/2010 at 1:02 PM.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    You're really on a bad run, it's Bray that are in the play off.
    cheers Schumi, darn FAI and their pesky weird playoff system......... (post amended to not look quite as stupid )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    Fair enough.

Bray came out of the blocks very fast actually and made the galway defense look shaky. But from about the 10th minute on hardly strung 5 passes ogether which was a pity. Especially with the surface so skiddy, it was always gonna be hard to get on the end of the long ball over the top. Joke of a yellow card for sheppard ( I think?) when he scored the goal that was offside, he clearly hadn't heard the whistle. All in all the officiating was fairly poor.
    I think you are fairly spot on there.

1st 10 minutes Bray looked much better, came out of the blocks really fast and probably should have had a peno from the blocked shot but after that we were just very poor, the lads looked jaded.

Galway were just as bad, scored a very poor goal from their 1st attempt on goal, offered very little other than that in the first half.

Bray came out a little better in the 2nd half and had more of the ball but did absolutely zero with it, another shout form a hand ball in the box was about as good as it got, Ryan didn't have one save to make in the 2nd half.

Obviously as we tried to push on Galway caught us on the break a few times and should have killed the game off, especially when O'Brien blazed over.

The ref had a shocker of a game, Sheppard should naver have been booked and he got the 2 red cards completely wrong, he made a terrible game even worse.

At present, i'm not looking forward to Monaghan, but i don't think we can play as poorly again, well i'm praying we can't ! If we play anything near like we did last Friday against Rovers then we should comfortably beat Monaghan

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Actually I thought Sheppard knew well the flag was up, he seemed to look over that way but then carry on regardless. Very debatable of course.

But having seen that happen I could scarcely believe Derek O'Brien's stupidity in repeating the same thing and getting himself sent off.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast