Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should Gallen get a second chance?

only1kilbane
    kevin gallen is a glory hunter end of story. He had his choice now suddenly wants to play for us . Hes not good enough Alan Lee though limited is much better player . So get over your kevin gallen thing

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superhoops1973
    BLOWING MY OWN TRUMPET - BUT HOW RIGHT AM I AFTER NIGERIA GAME !!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, would of hammered Nigeria with Gallen in our side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    would you be happier if i said lets have jason byrne in the team cause he is better than gary doherty, stephen mcphail, alan lee.
    I would have said the same. It was a second string we had out, us loseing that game hardly proves we need Gallen/Byrne/Anybody in the set up does it? And I hardly think we'd have won 4-3 if he was there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    never said we would mate
    Then what point were you making? I think we should be trying to weed out players like McPhail, Connolly, Quinn, etc not add to them with more bog standard pros. Just because we have some second rate players in the squad is no reason to add more second rate players. He's a lower division striker and has been since the 90s. If he was half decent this wouldn't be the case. I too am not going to bother anymore. I don't believe he's worth a call up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

info for Kevin Gallen

The Football Association
    25 Soho Square
    London
    W1D 4FA
    Telephone: +44 207 745 4545
    Telefax: +44 207 745 5546

FAO : SVEN

Enougt said boys ...........................maybe KG hasn't got the new contact details for the FA, they were @ Lancaster Gate when he last turned out maybe his begging letters haven't been forwarded on !!!
    CAPTAIN MORGANS GREENFORD Welcomes all Irish Football fans, live music every weekend

only1kilbane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsy
    Then what point were you making? I think we should be trying to weed out players like McPhail, Connolly, Quinn, etc not add to them with more bog standard pros. Just because we have some second rate players in the squad is no reason to add more second rate players. He's a lower division striker and has been since the 90s. If he was half decent this wouldn't be the case. I too am not going to bother anymore. I don't believe he's worth a call up.
    He aint and never was . As said above we have enough mediocre players in our squad without adding another one who cant get there game for england and tries to choose the easy option.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Wasnt there a rule (in the Early 90s, pre Bosman-EU etc) that clubs could have 3 foreigners and 3 "assimilated" players? This meant that QPR could have played say a German, Frenchman and an Algerian, and then a Scot, a Welshman and an Irishman... at least that was my understanding of it at the time... I think it changed post 95 (tho those with Championship Manager could check).

Personally I dont think Gallen is that good, Ive seen him play a couple of times while watching my team in Div 2 (or whatever its now been re-named to) and he looks like an average Div 2 player, hes also over 25 so I dont think hes one for the future.

As to him rejecting us back in 1994, well he made his choice then and its a bit harsh, but from whats been posted here earlier he also went against the wishes of his family who considered themselves Irish. We could always bring him on for the last 10 mins of the match vs the Faroes at LR and then never play him again. That would at least bugger his chances of say switching to Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123