Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Gallen get a second chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickrev
    Gallen is definitely good enough for the Irish squad at least. Very experienced and definitely better than Crowe/Byrne/Lee. The only reason he orignially declared for England was because back when QPR were decent, they wouldn't give Gallen a new contract unless he declared for England instead of Ireland. This was down to the three foreigners rule in european football at the time. He wanted to play for Ireland but put his career first. Thats the fact of the matter ye clowns.

As has been said by some of us clown's Kevin Kilbane was leaned on and was hasselled by the manager @ Preston when he would'nt play for the tan's and he was @ a much younger age then Gallen, how come Gallen could'nt have done the same, was his vocal chord's not working that day when Francis leaned on him.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mickrev, spout a load of rubbish and call everyone on the thread "clowns". Nice!
    No one who truly believes themself to be Irish would declare for England just because their manager said so. As for him being better than Crowe/Lee/Byrne that's very very debatable. Don't recall him setting the Second Division alight this season. 16 in 46 games for a team that finished 2nd. whoop-di-doo, the saviour of Irish football is here!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    HANG on B,Isnt that someone else we all know & 'love'.........?!
    Would you believe I forgot about that chap for a moment.
    Will neglect to mention his name for fear of yet another thread being hijacked by those with a one tracked mind.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    [QUOTE=Bowsy]Mickrev, spout a load of rubbish and call everyone on the thread "clowns". Nice!
    No one who truly believes themself to be Irish would declare for England just because their manager said so.

To me this quote sums it up. He chose to play for ingurlund and now because things have not worked out as he would have wished he wants to join up with us. He's made his bed........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gallen is no better than Crowe/Byrne/Lee/O'Flynn/Heffernen (scored more goals in his division despite being in a relegated team)/Keane/Morrison/Connolly and many more I could probably mention and have forgotten about. I'd even have youngsters like Elliot ahead of him. He's not good enough, whatever about what he did, the fact remains he's not good enough so it will never be an issue.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question QPR fan here

Some of the posts here show little knowledge of Gallen's ability. His game is about much more than scoring goals and he probably has more "assists" than goals to his name. I know, I've been watching QPR for all the years we haven't been "decent"!

I can't understand the venom behind some of the attackes on Gallen. He was young and foolish when he opted for England, and has regretted it for a long while. This is a "second chance" for him, why can't he take it? Just watch him play in Division 1 next year before you judge him. Gallen is only 28 years of age by the way.

Rowlands is an excellent player by the way, and will flourish in Division 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superhoops1973
    Kevin Gallen is more than good enough for Ireland. He signed for england when clubs were only allowed 3 foriegn players in there teams. He is English and Irish, and we should consider ourselves very fortunate that he can now play for us. Most people on this board have no idea of his abiltity, but those of us who support QPR and Ireland are very aware of it.

No doubt about it but Kevin Gallen is a much better player than Gary Doherty, David Connolly, Graham Kavanage, Alan Lee, Alan Quinn, McPhail, Kinsella, Barrett (Coventry City), McGeady (Celtic)

He played in the preimership in 94-95 and himself and Les Ferdinand destroyed the likes of Arsenal home and away. He's only 28 and has 10 years experience.

Hold on there a minute.
    English clubs were only permitted 3 players if they were playing in Europe and this wasn't exactly a problem for QPR.
    As for the list of players you mentioned a lot aren't even strikers so I don't know where your comparisons are coming from. If Gallen is better than all those mentioned why didn't he try to move to a bigger club when QPR got relegated to the 2nd?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    No doubt about it but Kevin Gallen is a much better player than Gary Doherty, David Connolly, Graham Kavanage, Alan Lee, Alan Quinn, McPhail, Kinsella, Barrett (Coventry City), McGeady (Celtic)
    No doubt about it but you really haven't the first clue, have you? I bet - as an example - you haven't an idea about Aiden McGeady. Nor obviously Graham Kavanagh, who has been the star turn in Cardiff's upper-mid table Division 1 finish this season. And, er, in case it had escaped your attention, Gary Doherty's been playing regularly for Tottenham in the Premier League. If Gallen is that good, why, surely he would be playing at that level too.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ahahaha Gallen better than McGready

That's up there with the clown who said Kilbane was one of the best players at the 2002 world cup, and wasn't taking the ****

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just to point out, and Im not 100% on this but pretty sure. Gallen left QPR a few years ago obviously looking for bigger and better things and when this didn't work out guess where he came crawlling back? Yes bonus points all round QPR. Gallen is not welcome here, he should act like a man and live with his choices...(could be heading to stormy waters better chance course) any self respecting nation would recognise that.

And lads, its far too early for this McGeady chap to be in the squad and here is where he should look at our neighbour (Cue Kev). Hes only played one or two games 'reserve games' for 'Sell-thick' and yet hes in the squad! If there concerned he will choose Scotland over us well he might but in that case he would consider himself Scottish and not Irish, if he says he is Irish then let him earn his place. 15-20 competative games for his scottish club atleast and thats if he performs well in the CL for them like Miller. Don't go getting all flusted because he looks good, like with Gallen its the principle.
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can't see him brought in and I don't want it to happen. But he can always bask in the glory of being named in the Irish Independant's Irish Team of the Week ( yes, a world class 11 there ):

S Kelly

(Bohemians)

S Kelly Breen Coughlan Clarke

(Spurs) (Sunderland) (Plymouth) (Stoke)

G Kelly Holland Tresson Doyle

(Leeds) (Charlton) (Bray) (Coventry)

McGeady Gallen

(Celtic) (QPR)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gallen

Some interesting points.

Apparently Kerr has said he wants to see Gallen perform at division 1 level next season and I think he is right. So we'll all have to wait and see how this one pans out in the future.

only1kilbane
    Here was not taking the **** about kilbane had a great wc u muppet !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Gallen is more Irish than that McGeady Guy.
    I've got no problem with Gallen being Irish. I just think he's a w*nker for opting for England - despite the pressure from the cr*p player turned cr*p manager turned cr*p play director - and now trying to get into the Ireland team because his career with a white shirt is over.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Gallen is QPR through and through. Don't forget he played Premiership football 9-10 years ago and scored regulary.
    That's me convinced, played Premiership football 10 years ago, so is obviously still good enough....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Remember he was about 18 when he was pressurised into signing for England. Give the guy a chance.
    Kilbane was younger when he turned England down.
    McGeady was still only seventeen when he had Bertie Vogts around to his for tea.

If he wanted to play for Ireland, he would have, don't forget his two older brothers had declared for us, it's not like he wouldn't have had support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hoop tinted glasses !!!

So KG was over looked by Sven again !!! will he be following the progress of his declared team in euro 2004,
    He had the chance which all of us would kill for......and chose the money on the table. You make your choices...............
    Didn't he leave QPR for a better career with .................Huddersfield, and I see that thug Bircham is in talks with Sheff Utd, money seems to talk for all these loyal QPR players who followed the club in their youth and have fulfilled their dream.

Ony one "Super Kev" from the County MAYO for Ireland .......................
    Kevin Kilbane
    CAPTAIN MORGANS GREENFORD Welcomes all Irish Football fans, live music every weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by only1kilbane
    Here was not taking the **** about kilbane had a great wc u muppet !
    sure he did, loseing out on player of the tournament only to Ian Harte.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he thought he was good enough

At the time Kevin Gallen was seen as a having potenial to be really top striker and so potenially worth a lot of money in transfer market. His brothers weren't. Who was pressurising his brothers to play for England.

http://www.soccer-stats.com/teams/re...divno=1&code=q

McGready - well no one really knows why he is not playing for scotland. Upset of something about not getting on scottish schoolboys team, so he sticks his 2 fingers up at scotland and declares for Ireland? I don't know - but thats what it sounds like to me.
    If Gallen thought he was as good a player as what was said about him at the time he would have declared for Ireland told GF where to go with England, and proberley would have got a move to a bigger club, wouldn't have been playing for QPR in a 1st Div game @ Porthsmouth where he picked up that injury............................."YOU MAKE YOUR CHOICES - MONEY TALKS" it seems for some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    CAPTAIN MORGANS GREENFORD Welcomes all Irish Football fans, live music every weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    BLOWING MY OWN TRUMPET - BUT HOW RIGHT AM I AFTER NIGERIA GAME !!!!!!!!
    Yeah, us being beaten proves some random person is good enough to play for us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast