Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    haha, no Peersy will be here for a long time. I've hear McCabe to Pat's rumour, not too upset either. He's a great player but a messer at the same time and has the Brian Cash's about him.
    I'd rate McCabe as better than Cash to be honest! Hope he doesn't leave and as NNNN says we should really be looking at keeping this squad together- Only really need 1 or 2 additions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    I'd rate McCabe as better than Cash to be honest! Hope he doesn't leave and as NNNN says we should really be looking at keeping this squad together- Only really need 1 or 2 additions
    TBF Mc Cabe is miles ahead of Cash in the consistancey stakes.
    Not to mention if the lad sorts himself out he has the possibility to go somewhere.
    If he wasnt such a messer he would be a far better prospect but that saying he does have bags of talent and has performed for us alot more than Cash ever did.
    Id think it would be a mistake to let him go, as NNNN said I would rather let Doyle or Dillon go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Mervue pulling out of the league is just about confirmed i keep hearing..
    Not true, they have every intention of applying for a licence for next season, but they don't plan on playing in Terryland, so if that poses a problem, then they'll pull out, but they have every intention of playing in the First Division next season
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Cants see Fahy's Field in its present state being passed and there is no hope of any grants for development for any el grounds.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Cants see Fahy's Field in its present state being passed and there is no hope of any grants for development for any el grounds.
    I could be wrong but . . didn't they get planning approval for work at Fahy's Field? And if that is the case, isn't that enough to be granted a licence - otherwise how did Devon get the rgeen light to use Drom, which has no seating of any kind, never mind covered seating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Mervues Problem isnt seating it the lack of a Perimeter Wall enclosing the Ground.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Mervues Problem isnt seating it the lack of a Perimeter Wall enclosing the Ground.
    Which they have permission for, from what I heard, they were delaying building works at Fahy's Field because of rumours of a 16 team Premier League and the scrapping of the First Division, as it would be a waste of money if they were not playing LOI, which would mean a perimeter wall (amongst other things) was not needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    I'd rate McCabe as better than Cash to be honest
    I'm not comparing them on football ability Gus. Which there's no doubt he (GMcC) has bags of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    McCabe would be stupid to leave us. The way we play gives him freedom and suits him perfectly. If he moves to Pats or Shams any chance of progression in his carrer will effectively be over, but I'd say he wants back to Dublin. Derek Foran likely to leave us too, probably back to Bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    Mervue pulling out of the league is just about confirmed i keep hearing.So Galway Utd are taking their best 3 players including Ger Hanley coming back.Heard Sligo sniffing around 1 or 2 Utd players aswell,not sure who though,possibily Connelly,Walsh maybe.
    I don't think he would leave as he is attending college in Galway.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Which they have permission for, from what I heard, they were delaying building works at Fahy's Field because of rumours of a 16 team Premier League and the scrapping of the First Division, as it would be a waste of money if they were not playing LOI, which would mean a perimeter wall (amongst other things) was not needed.
    Correct, both mervue and salthill are intending to stay in the league once there is a first division to play in next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    I don't think he would leave as he is attending college in Galway.
    Ya, id agree with that, apparently we tried to sign him at the start of the season but he didnt want to leave Galway because of College.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Correct, both mervue and salthill are intending to stay in the league once there is a first division to play in next season.
    I think Cobh have something to say about Salthill Devon's destination next season!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Wouldn't it be gas if there was three Galway teams in the First Division next year. Great for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Heard today Bradley from Rovers, Eoin Doyle and Gary McCabe all signing for us next season
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Heard today Bradley from Rovers, Eoin Doyle and Gary McCabe all signing for us next season
    Yee can help yourself to Doyle, would be a mistake to let Mc Cabe go.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Only in the LoI would a transfer rumour thread justifiably include talk on clubs transferring in and out.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Yee can help yourself to Doyle, would be a mistake to let Mc Cabe go.
    100% agree. McCbe has been great for us latley. Id prefer him to Dillon too, although he has a conract signed already for next season.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    From local paper Dundalk Democrat

The waiting game - Foster giving players until the end of next week to decide about contracts
    BY the end of next week, Dundalk FC manager Ian Foster expects to know exactly where his players stand as regards signing new contracts.

So far, for the 2011 season, Foster has only Ross Gaynor and Daniel Kearns tied down to deals.

But with the league season coming to a close this Friday, Foster has admitted that by next week, he will know where he stands.

To date, the Dundalk manager has had only one refusal of a contract offer so far, whereas several players have said 'Maybe' to the offer of a new deal.

However, one thing that is delaying the process is the lack of funds available at Oriel Park with six or seven clubs able to offer higher contracts to players who have impressed in outings for the Lilywhites this year.

Speaking on the contract negotiations, Foster said: ""It's difficult with the money we have. We have to try and be smart with the money we have.

"Players will be sat down by the end of the week. We cannot put a gun to their heads, but so far, we have had one player say no.

"We've had a lot of 'maybes' and I have to appreciate the players' views. They have given a lot to the club and want better deals but we are trying to move in one direction and they have their livelihoods to look after."

Speaking on his current system of spending this year, Foster said it was a tough balancing act.

"This year, we tried to get experience which is difficult, because good experience costs money and we had to surround them with young players.

"Hopefully our young players will reach their potential but it's hard because when they do, we have the vulchers around us."

According to Foster, he has offered several players a contract at the club, including goalkeeper Peter Cherrie, who was voted the club's Player-of-he-Year and Players-Player-of-the-Year and has been linked to Sligo.

"We are exploring every avenue available. But by next week, we will know more as I cannot wait around too long and need to have people nailed down."

One thing Foster is keeping a close eye on is developments in the promotion race as he fears Derry City could leapfrog them in the spending wars, along with Shelbourne.

"I cannot get 20 players in on the budget I have. One hope is that someone may invest in the team over the break as that is our only way of breaking into the top five. If Derry and Shelbourne come up, we will be in trouble as they will be offering better money too, so it is my hope that only one team from the First Division gets promoted."

Although circumstances are pretty tight at the moment, Foster appealed to fans to join the Patron Scheme. Identifying with the lack of free spending cash at the moment, Foster understood why so many people could not join the scheme, but he issued a plea to anyone, who does have the money, to join the scheme.

"It's the club's goal to get as many people as possible into the scheme as it goes directly to the players budget."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligo23 View Post
    McCabe would be stupid to leave us. The way we play gives him freedom and suits him perfectly. If he moves to Pats or Shams any chance of progression in his carrer will effectively be over, but I'd say he wants back to Dublin. Derek Foran likely to leave us too, probably back to Bray.
    Would be awful sorry to see eoither go, but especially Foran. He has been very unlucky with lack of opportunutues and always impressed me whenever he played. He is a young man with lots of talent and I think any club in this league would be lucky to have him.

Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast