Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds going down !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Leeds going down !!

So what will all the barstooler Leeds fans do now that their club is going to the first .... will they put names into a hat and pick out a new team or how will they work it ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds to me that A face is a closet Leeds fan!

Seeing that game today, Leeds were just not good enough. Okay, Hislop pulled out an amazing save towards the end, but the peno was a joke. Pompey looked comfortable throughout.

My one Q about Leeds is this, and maybe a Leeds fan could answer this correctly - Batty has been told months ago he has no future in the first team, yet Gray plays 2 centre halves in centre mid. Batty is a tenacious player, who is Leeds through and through. He is certainly better than what has been playing in his position for most of the season. Why dump him?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So that gives Gray, a man who is "Mr Leeds" the right to kick him out? Does he not see that a player with Battys guile may well have seen them out of the mess they are in?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leeds

ha ha ha ha ha
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    harsh..... but fair

so much for the too good to go down BS, dont win your games down ya go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    ha ha ha ha ha

I'd have to agree with you there fella !! Leeds .... more like leads .... as in weights !! They are gone ..... i have never seen so many people suffer vertigo at the same time.

As i asked before though .... how are the Iorish Leeds fans going to decide what club to pick now ? Will there be some sort of a draw set up or what. I suppose they will all just pick the winning team of the day and go with that, as good a reason as any.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Im annoyed seeing them go down I always liked them for some reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamcarr
    I always liked them for some reason

Well yeah ... the whole Lee Boyer thing was just so appealing at the time, it would warm the heart of any fan. They lived the dream alright !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamcarr
    Im annoyed seeing them go down I always liked them for some reason
    me too....i like leeds!!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    me too....i like leeds!!
    I like beer but I also like to see that go down!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    All that happened was Leeds got relegated. Its not as if they not used to the second tier of english football. I think they spent the 80's in the old english 2nd division. They've already cleared a lot of their debt so won't go out of business & will just take some time to get sorted.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    If they go into administration, they'll start the new season 10 points down
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by A face

As i asked before though .... how are the Iorish Leeds fans going to decide what club to pick now ? Will there be some sort of a draw set up or what. I suppose they will all just pick the winning team of the day and go with that, as good a reason as any.
    Well i have the perfect solution. Last year an Irish charter group flew to Tokyo. On the way they had to stop in Kazakhstan for a refueling sop. This of course means that a lot of Irish people have strong links with this country. Im setting up the Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz suporters club. We meet in the lobbey bar every Thursday and wear our Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz jerseys. Jim, our treasurer brings in videos of all Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz's latest games. So to all of you who want to experience a real football experience come along to the lobby bar and experience the excitment of Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz (plus you wont get wet). And rememeber we are playing Oqjetpes Kokshetau this week so yould be joining up in the right week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I'd love to be like all the true eircom leaguers here, the way they hold the Premiership in total contempt and all that.....yawn. This is the general football forum isn't it? So if you don't have any interest in foreign football, don't come in here, stay in the EL General forum. As much as I like the EL, I do like to watch some real quality football as well, thus I have a keen interest in the Premiership, La Liga & Seria A. I'm sure many others have too. Not to mention the fact that our entire first choice international squad play in these leagues. Maybe if the muppets that run the EL and EL clubs put two decent ideas together and actually made it interesting to the wider audience, the league might have more supporters and there would be less "barstoolers" around

As for Leeds, they're fans have been up and down before. I remember them when they were a division 2 club and weren't considered to be among the elite. Premiership will be worse off without them, but as long as Alan Smith signs for Liverpool, I don't really care!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. .......

Quote Originally Posted by Conor74
    You will profess that you don't have any interest in the English club game, but as this is your second post in the past week about Leeds and welcoming their relegation you seem to have a very fixated 'disinterest' in it all...

Sheeze ..... Hold on there trigger, you're gettin' the run of yourself, counting posts and the like . You're right i dont really follow any team in particular. I will admit ... clubs like Leicester and Leeds, you'd expect them to be up there. I actually hoped that Wolves would have done better than they did, always show so much promise in the first.

But you're right i couldn't give a toss really.

But Bowyer .... he is a scum bag no matter what club he is at.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

.................................................. .....

Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    Well i have the perfect solution. Last year an Irish charter group flew to Tokyo. On the way they had to stop in Kazakhstan for a refueling sop. This of course means that a lot of Irish people have strong links with this country. Im setting up the Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz suporters club. We meet in the lobbey bar every Thursday and wear our Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz jerseys. Jim, our treasurer brings in videos of all Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz's latest games. So to all of you who want to experience a real football experience come along to the lobby bar and experience the excitment of Yekibastuzets Yekibastuz (plus you wont get wet). And rememeber we are playing Oqjetpes Kokshetau this week so yould be joining up in the right week.

Live Music on Thursday nights in the Lobby from what i gather .... you'd never see the games properly with all that racket. I'll give it a miss !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    As much as I like the EL, I do like to watch some real quality football as well!

"real quality football"?? we're talking about Leeds, Leicester, Wolves etc here!

If you want to see some "real quality football" you should try watching George O'Callaghan, John O'Flynn and Kevin Doyle soemtime.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    flipside of that argument would i suppose be that thye have to play arsenal and chelsea and cork city have to play dublin city and the drogs !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm

"real quality football"?? we're talking about Leeds, Leicester, Wolves etc here!

If you want to see some "real quality football" you should try watching George O'Callaghan, John O'Flynn and Kevin Doyle soemtime.
    You pick some of the best players in the EL as your example (players who are still of a very average standard in comparison to the Premiership), while you pick the worst possible examples in the premiership, i.e. the relegated clubs. Good man Colm. How about Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Ure, Liverpool, Villa, newcastle etc? Or are are you going to tell me that John O'Flynn is better than Juan Pablo Angel?! Or Smith, or Viduka, or Camara for that matter? As much as I follow and respect the EL, I don't view it through gigantic Denis Taylor style rose tinted glasses.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm delighted Leeds went down. Every fan of any small club should be. Leeds were the epitomy of the "spend spend spend" culture in English football that left our league and so many others on the verge of extinction. They've got what they deserve. Vultures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast