Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next years kit?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Next years kit?

I'd like to get peoples opinions on kit designs for next season so have a couple of questions that i'm looking for feedback on.

1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year?
    2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away?
    3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black?
    4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend?

At this stage i'm just trying to guage opinion and i don't know for sure what options are open to us with our current supplier. Pauro is going to post some sample designs and hopefully we might be able to have a vote on them and see what people think.

As i said, even if we have one prefered option from the vote we might not be able to get it from the supplier, this as they say is just to get opinions.

facebook link to samples,

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/.../?o.9959957202
    Last edited by sorbothegreek; 20/10/2010 at 10:04 AM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    They should be changed alright as they've been used for two seasons, or more in the case of the away kit, albeit with a one year gap. The home kit should always be red and black, the away kit could be changed for once alright, not too sure to what, we'd have to see some ideas. Personally, of the samples posted the red and black halves is nice enough and the red with thin black lines. Wouldn't be too gone on the others.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Personally I think the red with black sash is something different. The design will be unique to a League of Ireland team whilst still retaining the red and black... Debate is part of the fun, so when this is resolved, I'm open for ideas on the away kit... I'll try and start up a poll on this very section in a bit.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

5. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah that's not too bad either, 3rd choice for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    http://polldaddy.com/poll/3955820/

This might be the best way to settle it. Useful for those not on Facebook or Foot.ie... What do ye reckon?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    That's grand but any sugestions as to how to get the word out to people not on here or on facebook? I don't want to put it up on the club site because as i said it's only to guage opinion..

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Boards.ie maybe as well. It's pretty difficult to get across a message to someone who's not on the net without it being official, there's also the problem of not being able to see the samples. Maybe the club should run a poll/competition if they are thinking of changing? Announce the winner at the Supporters Club Christmas draw or something. If it was official you could put the designs in the Leader as well. Obviously you'd have to liaise with the suppliers to see what they can do and when they'd need to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    I'm on boards.ie, I'll put up a plug for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Hey, maybe put something about it on the Longford Leader webpage? It'll encourage a bit of voting anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Maybe, but as i said at this stage i'm really only looking to see if 'supporters' want a change; and if so to get an opinion on what they might go for.
    I'm not going to go into what each potential supplier can do, just to say that all deals and therefore designs are more or less dependant on replica numbers and price. So for that reason you couldn't really hold an open competition.

I might get my clipboard out for friday and try get some opinions that way...
    Last edited by sorbothegreek; 20/10/2010 at 3:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i like the slash, but short sleeved with black trim

14. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorbothegreek View Post
    Maybe, but as i said at this stage i'm really only looking to see if 'supporters' want a change; and if so to get an opinion on what they might go for.
    I'm not going to go into what each potential supplier can do, just to say that all deals and therefore designs are more or less dependant on replica numbers and price. So for that reason you couldn't really hold an open competition.

I might get my clipboard out for friday and try get some opinions that way...
    Just to clarify I didn't mean a competition as regards people designing jerseys, that would be very impractical. I meant more of a vote on selected designs, the competition aspect would be more of a raffle where you raffle off a couple of jerseys to the entrants or something like that to encourage people to give their votes/opinions. I don't know, just a thought, it might create a bit of interest in it and may boost sales a bit.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 20/10/2010 at 3:57 PM.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    something along these lines http://www.jersey99.com/bmz_cache/b/...ge.258x320.jpg i think would be class, every time i seen it i always thought that would make a savage town jersey, think we need something different from the original stripes, everyone around town has one at this stage, even if its just for a couple of years.

on the away jerseys, i remember a few years ago, many many years back we had a white away jersey that was class, we only had it for a few seasons, was proteam, it must be 12 years ago at this stage because the brother was playin at the time and got one at the end of the season!

the sash one would be nice, like aussie rules or something but trying to get it made by the suppliers could be a different story!

on a different note, would they be ready by christmas or afterwards? remember the club used to open a shop in the run up to christmas and would make a good bit of money as people would buy jerseys and jumpers and stuff as stocking fillers.

always wanted a nice hoody myself as its what i would wear most but could never get one. just worth a thought.

on second thoughts the more i look at that sash the more i like it!
    Last edited by howsyourtouch; 20/10/2010 at 7:57 PM. Reason: 2nd look

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    seeing as we are back with umbro again what would be the chances of the club getting some of our jerseys into the FAI umbro shop on o'connell bridge in dublin now? its full of umbro kits from every other club in league of ireland with umbro jerseys and every time im in there i see tourists looking at the jerseys and buying them. a nice town jersey could see us selling a bit more and more money is good!!

again that would have to be up to the club to do something progressive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Just to note, did the kits up in Photoshop using templates by Umbro over the last season or two. Not quite sure if they'll do it to those specs, but just for the purpose of the poll anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    [QUOTE=howsyourtouch;1414558]seeing as we are back with umbro again what would be the chances of the club getting some of our jerseys into the FAI umbro shop on o'connell bridge in dublin now? its full of umbro kits from every other club in league of ireland with umbro jerseys and every time im in there i see tourists looking at the jerseys and buying them. a nice town jersey could see us selling a bit more and more money is good!!

again that would have to be up to the club to do something progressive![/QUOTE]

Some manufacturers will sell jersey's themselves with nothing in it for the club... A lot depends on your bargaining position.
    Is getting fan input on what the team should wear for next season not progressive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Are we the first LoI club to vote for the next season's kit? I know Bohs changed from stripes to all black one season but not sure if it was a fan vote.... Think it's a positive thing, something different. For example, Hull City change from stripes to pinstripes to plain, but still retain their amber and black. Villa are claret and blue, but have incorporated claret and blue stripes, claret body and blue sleeves, it varies. Change isn't always a bad thing and in our case, it's good publicity, it's getting people talking.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I dont think we should change from the red and black and striped jersey and i would love to see a return of towns away jersey from last season with the blue going across the chest but if i had to pick my favorites from the above they would be the red and black half and the red and black hoops but rovers might not be happy with us wearing that lol and i have to say the sash is growing on me so its a hard decision for who ever has to make it but my vote is to stick with red and black stripes
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Think the away kit options will be a lot of fun, looking forward to the upcoming options on that when it happens. This might be a good look for us actually... AC Milan 80's style..

Last edited by Pauro 76; 20/10/2010 at 6:50 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year[B]?change all of the kits for next season[/B]
    2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away?yes definitely
    3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? in ranking order 1.red and black halves,2.red and black quarters 3. red and black hoops 4.red and black sash 5.red and black pinstripes.red and black halves town had a jersey similar to that in I think was the 95-96 season...
    4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? changing it to white..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

26. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast