Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post

The problem with players/managers coming to schools etc is that they all live away from longford and anyway most students would just go in to the talk to get out of class and they would give 2 hoots about whats going on there would have to be some type of incentive offered to them just my 2 cents on the matter.
    As someone with experience on the matter I know that this wouldnt be the case with primary school.. I remember back 10/11 years ago when Kenny was manager. Me and another lad were the only two that would go to games. After he came in, about 7 or 8 lads went out to the next few games.. Primary school children if they have a flyer and a good story about a coach/player coming to bring home to their parents will (more often than not) at least give something a try.. as for only going to a talk to get out of work, that might be the case with secondary but not primary

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabs88 View Post
    As someone with experience on the matter I know that this wouldnt be the case with primary school.. I remember back 10/11 years ago when Kenny was manager. Me and another lad were the only two that would go to games. After he came in, about 7 or 8 lads went out to the next few games.. Primary school children if they have a flyer and a good story about a coach/player coming to bring home to their parents will (more often than not) at least give something a try.. as for only going to a talk to get out of work, that might be the case with secondary but not primary
    yes I totally agree I should have made it clearer that I was refereeing to secondary schools sorry bout that
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12