Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Updates: 15th-17th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Salthill went ahead in the 17th min only for Derry to pull one back 1 min later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    And another 1-2 now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Salthill 1 -3 Derry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    and its 1-4 now. :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Ah there is still time.....

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    5-1 McClean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    yeah was just about to post that. dammit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    "Close game" from my man on the ground!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    FT Feck ya Derry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    No matter what happens next week ( as long as the Mons beat mervue) then you's still should have your biggest att in years against us on the last day of the season.

Always look on the bright side!

I hope ye's have plenty off bar staff on that night :d
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Am sure we will and will be a great nights craic even if we only make play offs. God feels weird to be saying "only make the play offs"!! BEST FRICKIN SEASON EVER!

12. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    I think he was referring to the ref not been consistant in not giving us a blatent pen in the first 10 mins for a clear trip on Kearns, who landed heavily on his shoulder and subsequently had to go off about 10 mins later and yet he gave you lot your clear pen.
    He was moaning about [i]everything[\i] though. He moaned about the peno incident alright; I think from looking at the video (but even then I'm genuinely not sure) that Ev gets a foot in, gets a nick on the ball and Kearns trips over Ev's outstretched leg; that's a well-timed tackle, not a peno), he moaned when we played on with a lad injured, had a shot and then Rusty called for the ball to be put out (he may have a point there; I'm actually not sure), he moaned about corners to us when he was 60 yards away and couldn't possibly have had a decent view, he moaned about any free we got ("When they don't appeal, it's probably not a free" - wtf?!), he moaned about the red (fair enough), he moaned about our peno ("Every week we have a red card or a penalty against us - why is that?!"), he went after Buttimer at half-time (the red was in injury time) yelling "Anthony - it's not about you", and then moaned at the fourth official for advising him not to go after the ref. Was very nearly sent off for constant moaning durin g the second half; was on his last warning.

I always find it interesting to compare that style to Rusty, who complains a bit too, but is so mannerly about it that you'd imagine the ref must feel he really has called it wrong. Foster's a tiresome whinebag in comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    He was moaning about [i]everything[\i] though. He moaned about the peno incident alright; I think from looking at the video (but even then I'm genuinely not sure) that Ev gets a foot in, gets a nick on the ball and Kearns trips over Ev's outstretched leg; that's a well-timed tackle, not a peno), he moaned when we played on with a lad injured, had a shot and then Rusty called for the ball to be put out (he may have a point there; I'm actually not sure), he moaned about corners to us when he was 60 yards away and couldn't possibly have had a decent view, he moaned about any free we got ("When they don't appeal, it's probably not a free" - wtf?!), he moaned about the red (fair enough), he moaned about our peno ("Every week we have a red card or a penalty against us - why is that?!"), he went after Buttimer at half-time (the red was in injury time) yelling "Anthony - it's not about you", and then moaned at the fourth official for advising him not to go after the ref. Was very nearly sent off for constant moaning durin g the second half; was on his last warning.

I always find it interesting to compare that style to Rusty, who complains a bit too, but is so mannerly about it that you'd imagine the ref must feel he really has called it wrong. Foster's a tiresome whinebag in comparison.
    TBF that ref was nowhere near consistent so I do think he has a right to moan about alot of his decisions, afterall, he did send off 3 of our players rather harsly earlier in the season and then goes straight out to give the opposition every advantage he possible could give them from the off. We where sitting near enough front row in the stand and alot of throws went out for us and he gave it the other way, let UCD lads walk about 15 extra yrads down the line to take a throw but pulled our lads back if they moed more than 3 steps, gave quite a alot of very soft frees esp in teh first half to you lot and was pure muck in general. So why shouldnt he moan.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts

Quit your moaning.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Derry to get a jammy one goal win next weekend, while Monaghan thrash Mervue 5-0. That'll leave Monaghan needing a two goal win over Derry to take the title on goals scored.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dillonman;1413213So why shouldnt he moan.[/QUOTE]
    Because - particularly when he's 50/60 yards away and can't possibly have a proper view - he comes across as a whiney moanbag who you'd just as soon punch in the face as give a decision to. Because that sort of impression certainly won't cause the ref to think "Maybe I did get that one wrong actually" and subconsciously go easy on the next call. And because his attitude transferred to the players, who spent a fair bit of time moaning at each other rather than getting on with the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Is Rusty under the same pressure as Foster? Foster brought his young family over to Ireland was was fortunate not be sacked a couple of months ago.

Dundalk FC work very hard to continue in existence as a club. Every penny is important and every point can make the difference between premier division football and the barren wasteland of the first division and dwindling revenue.

I'm not sure how UCD fund their team. Is it self financing or subsidered by the college (and hence the tax payer)?

Is the pressure on both clubs and managers comparable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rovers 2 v 2 Saints Get in There!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Depressing stuff ah well great game and cant wait for tuesday night now
    Ahhh

Thanks Thanks Given