Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Did you bother to read what i said?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    cheers man. Yourselves, Pats and Fingal play the best ball in the League from what ive watched this season. I hope yous go on to win the cup now and push on for the league next season.
    Us really?? First time someone has said that this season

Unless im reading that wrong

Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    Well you try to anyway - from what ive seen on MNS and against Bohs in the Setanta and in Richmond particularly you played us off the park.

Oh no, wait, i meant UCD.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Has the pressure finally gotten to Monaghan? After our win tonight I fancy us for atleast 3rd if not 2nd! We controlled the game without ever breaking a sweat! Longford and a really poor side apart from those 2 black lads Cowan and ?( winger with green boots) both looked lively tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Has the pressure finally gotten to Monaghan? After our win tonight I fancy us for atleast 3rd if not 2nd! We controlled the game without ever breaking a sweat! Longford and a really poor side apart from those 2 black lads Cowan and ?( winger with green boots) both looked lively tonight!
    If we beat Limerick next Friday, I'd be worried for yous getting playoffs at all. Thats a pretty big if though.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Nothing stopping us both from knocking Mons down :P

We obviously hold the upper hand with 4 points been enough to secure a playoff on GD (unless ye tank limerick) but it should be a very interesting final day regardless of what the out comes may be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    We obviously hold the upper hand with 4 points been enough to secure a playoff on GD (unless ye tank limerick) but it should be a very interesting final day regardless of what the out comes may be.
    Two points would be enough for Waterford surely? (unless Shels beat Limerick by 4)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Limerick battered Monaghan tonight in what id say was mons biggest crowd of the season. First half limerick played some lovely football but chances were few and far between. Second half monaghan had one great chance after a mix up in the limerick defence Philly Hughes had a tap in from two yards, unmarked he passed the ball wide. Limerick brought on Shane CLarke and two kids David O'Leary and Garbhan Coughlan and time and time again the latter two and the forward play of paddy purcell cut through the mons defence but terrible finishing, a post and two misses By clarke to equal Hughes at the other end ment it was never gonna be limericks night. Really proud of Limericks performance though tonight.
    The draw didn't do either of the teams any favours monaghan look confined to the play off spot now and on tonights performance i wouldnt fancy their chances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Was Brennan who missed tap in and derry, dundalk and Shels were bigger crowd games but was a night like last season without our boys gettin in gear at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Dundalk down to ten men.

dahamsta should really install a button to post that rather than having us type it out every time.
    Indeed. Granted, we had 3 red cards in the one game in the Cup.

However, the red card count in the league shows that only St. Pat's have less than 5.

13 - Drogheda
    6 - Rovers, Bohs, Bray, Sligo
    5 - Fingal, UCD, Galway, Dundalk
    2 - Pats

For what it's worth the First Division is...

11 - Athlone
    7 - Harps, Wexford, Mervue
    5 - Monaghan, Waterford, Shels, Limerick, Salthill
    3 - Longford, Derry
    2 - Cork

But yeah, keep referring to our 2009 season under Connor. I'm sure it will keep you entertained, seeing as Harps don't anymore.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Nothing stopping us both from knocking Mons down :P
    Nothing apart from the fact that you play each other on the last day. A win next weekend secures our play-off spot.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    Weird night last night in Monaghan. A pretty dull first half with Mons defence totally untroubled, and Limerick's pretty much the same. In the second half we played really well, apart from handing them an open goal which they somehow missed from about 6 yards. Not to be outdone, we missed two open goals of our own later on. It was a frustrating night for Limerick as we showed we can be a very good team, but just haven't scored enough goals all season.

My first time in Monaghan too - got a few glimpses of the legendary Magicme and had a couple of pints in that nice bar (poor fella behind the bar was run off his feet at half-time).

Worst thing about the night was probably the drive home, where a drive of an hour or more brings you into Dublin and you realise you still have to cross the whole country.
    Last edited by osarusan; 16/10/2010 at 8:43 AM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Favourite quote from a well known Mons fan last night: "Limerick are like a bad dose of diahorrea, they are running through us with ease" Brilliant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    you must be reading the table wrong we only need a win againist merve to get a playoff wehile you and shels cant get a win each in the last game.
    and what pressure are you taking about limerick are one of the strongest sides ive seen this season .
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Was talking to one of our players after the match last night and he said the Dundalk red was a disgrace. It looks worse on the video than I thought at the time, but even still, that's not saying much.

Ian Foster though is the moaniest little whinebag I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Even worse than Fenlon. He even had the temerity to give out about the blatant penalty we were given. I don't know does he think he's trying to influence the ref by pointing out all the calls he's giving against Dundalk, but if I were a ref, I'd give calls against him just to annoy him more. Transferred a bit to the team too, who were whining at more often than encouraging each other.

Poor performance from us. Bad time to have one of those days. Been a good season overall though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    What a game, love it in the Dalymount Shed, the place was hopping.
    I watched back the win again this morning, we deserved a win and nothing less, probably the best performance ive seen us ever put in considering the context and one of the best ive ever seen in the LOI, total football.
    Nice to see the Bohs fans clap Rovers players off the pitch, touch of class about that and alot of words of encouragement to go on and win the cup.
    Hard luck Bohs, hope yee win the League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Was talking to one of our players after the match last night and he said the Dundalk red was a disgrace. It looks worse on the video than I thought at the time, but even still, that's not saying much.
    Yes, a disgraceful decision alright. Though hats off to some of UCD Ireland U23 players who went up to their teamate to commiserate about the Buttimers inexplicable decision after the game.

Ian Foster though is the moaniest little whinebag I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Even worse than Fenlon.
    He can be whinny and the board have had a go at him for moaning too much this season. But to say he is worse than Fenlon at whinning is bizarre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    What a game, love it in the Dalymount Shed, the place was hopping.
    I watched back the win again this morning, we deserved a win and nothing less, probably the best performance ive seen us ever put in considering the context and one of the best ive ever seen in the LOI, total football.
    Nice to see the Bohs fans clap Rovers players off the pitch, touch of class about that and alot of words of encouragement to go on and win the cup.
    Hard luck Bohs, hope yee win the League.
    Fully deserved win for Sligo. Out played us for most of the game. Dissapointed we lost but if I had to chose one game out of our last three to lose it would have been that one. Make sure you go and win it now.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Bad time to have one of those days.
    I'd rather it happened this week than last week (or the week before!).
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would just like to echo the sentiments on here regarding Sligo's performance and result last night. While I'm obviously disappointed that Bohs did not win the match it would have been a travesty for Sligo if we did. For me in LoI terms it was probably the best performance a team has given against us in the 10 years I've been a regular at Dalymount. Sligo were a credit to the huge support they brought, to Paul Cook and to their football club. I'll be looking forward to my first visit to the new Lansdowne Road to cheer on the Bit o' Red in the FAI Cup Final. Credit where it's due.
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    I think he was referring to the ref not been consistant in not giving us a blatent pen in the first 10 mins for a clear trip on Kearns, who landed heavily on his shoulder and subsequently had to go off about 10 mins later and yet he gave you lot your clear pen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast