Thread: FAI Junior Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAI Junior Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun View Post
    oh not again.....................

is the system too complex, not communicated properly or are teams just trying to pull a fast one....

each year it's the same old story, so something has to be sorted out (or are the ldmc/fai happy to make money from objections/appeals??)
    why is it always limerick teams that are putting in objections and looking for ways to get back into the competitions when their are beating fairly, and limerick teams should no by now to have their paper work in order with all the ****e that has gone on in the past, so lets just hope notting come out of it and the boro progress and that will be the end of it....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Deja vu

If Boro played an illegal player why should they progress? Ask the Pike lads would they have rather being expelled from the Junior Cup last year after the game when they transgressed the rules or a couple of rounds later when they were only 2 wins from the Holy Grail?? I know which I'd rather!!

I dont want to rehash last years arguements and squabbles, but if you are in doubt over a players elligibilty seek clarification or dont play him.
    'I can live with disappointment, its the hope I cant handle'

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshanks View Post
    Deja vu

If Boro played an illegal player why should they progress? Ask the Pike lads would they have rather being expelled from the Junior Cup last year after the game when they transgressed the rules or a couple of rounds later when they were only 2 wins from the Holy Grail?? I know which I'd rather!!

I dont want to rehash last years arguements and squabbles, but if you are in doubt over a players elligibilty seek clarification or dont play him.
    isnt it funny that it was a pike person who went out to Regional and told them about the alleged illegal player, is that bitter or what

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyguy19 View Post
    isnt it funny that it was a pike person who went out to Regional and told them about the alleged illegal player, is that bitter or what
    here is a question
    why would that pike supporter sick his nose into two teams that has nothing to do with him what so ever i find this really really bad form from this guy who is know for this kind of thing.
    running around telling tales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white line View Post
    here is a question
    why would that pike supporter sick his nose into two teams that has nothing to do with him what so ever i find this really really bad form from this guy who is know for this kind of thing.
    running around telling tales
    does it matter that somebody tipped them off....

if the player is illegal then boro are out and if not so be it....that is what the focus should be...

people blaming a supporter for tipping off a club seems to be a bigger issue than playing a supposed illegal player.......
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Have to agree with Goals4fun, it seems that people have a bigger problem with a 'source' than clubs fielding inelligible players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    don't think that is the case, you really have to question a persons motives for trying to get a local club thrown out of a competition especially when the person has nothing to do with either club involved in the game. In my opinion the guy has too much time on his hands, either that or he has little to worry about.
    It also brings more bad publicity to limerick clubs on this forum.And as leather said if they are guilty of wrong doing there out simple as.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I agree entirely, i'm not saying that if they are in the wrong they should progress, i am merely questioning a guys morals.

Put yourself in the situation, would you take it on yourself to inform another teams management on a players eligibilty if your club was not involved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulla View Post
    I agree entirely, i'm not saying that if they are in the wrong they should progress, i am merely questioning a guys morals.

Put yourself in the situation, would you take it on yourself to inform another teams management on a players eligibilty if your club was not involved
    It's just pure jealousy bourne from a minority within this particular club who are obsessed with winning the FAI.It is not the first time they were involved - Go back to the Carew/Westport saga a few years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Lads in fairness this is nothing to do with Pike Rovers, it's just one idiot who happens to support Pike Rovers, and what he done in fairness is shocking.

Back to the football. I feel sorry for the Janesboro players whos performances over the last 2 weeks have been exceptional, this has been overlooked by many people. Going into these games after loosing 4-0 to Regional, 3-0 to Fairview and 2-0 to Kilmallock confidence was low but there attitude over the last 2 weeks has been brilliant. Fair play to them.
    EVERYTHING is black and white

Thats just textbook................

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twohalves View Post
    It's just pure jealousy bourne from a minority within this particular club who are obsessed with winning the FAI.It is not the first time they were involved - Go back to the Carew/Westport saga a few years back.

i heard ths morning there are a few very very angry boro lads over this person to say they are fuming would be putting it mildly and rightly so.
    the boro are a good club and have improved alot of late IMO they should ban this guy from watching football in pearse stadium also ban him from the clubhouse he drinks down there alot which makes it more unbelieveable in what he has done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white line View Post
    i heard ths morning there are a few very very angry boro lads over this person to say they are fuming would be putting it mildly and rightly so.
    the boro are a good club and have improved alot of late IMO they should ban this guy from watching football in pearse stadium also ban him from the clubhouse he drinks down there alot which makes it more unbelieveable in what he has done.
    Sad sad man!
    "You guys line up alphabetically by height."
    --Bill Peterson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    well if he's happy the action he has taken is the right one then i guess he is responsible only to himself. anyway hopefully its all much ado about nothing and boro progress

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kev08 View Post
    kevin barry
    Hope he knows how to pull a pint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by abbeyvale; 06/10/2010 at 8:10 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Who are likely to be the Limerick representatives in the open draw?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    FYI: Regional have objected to the outcome of last sundays FAI tie between Regional and Janesboro....The fun and games will start now.........
    I hope boro win the objection and Holly hangs his head in shame for running to Regional with untrue stories

Leather what date was the player registered

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The boro knew he was illegal and still played him. only shame lies with them. Fair play to holly for upholding the honesty and integrity of our beloved game. Its better to stamp these things out early on or we could end up with the pike situation last year.
    Mama Mia!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    so regional have another objection in 2yrs in a row
    i just have to laugh at holly i can just picture him watching the game itiching to run over and tell seamus

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widow View Post
    The boro knew he was illegal and still played him. only shame lies with them. Fair play to holly for upholding the honesty and integrity of our beloved game. Its better to stamp these things out early on or we could end up with the pike situation last year.
    Have you considered getting a spot above the Locke of a Thursday night when they hold their comedy shows?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widow View Post
    sure time will tell, shame on Holly, he has lost a lot of respect around town

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast