Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: New FAI Logo?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New FAI Logo?

I read on the eleven a side website that the FAI will be releasing a new logo at the end of the month. Does anyone know anything more about this? Presumably they'll re-release the shirts with this new logo on....?

Emmet

http://www.irelandshirts.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would advise the FAI to wait until they hear the loud pop before they introduce a new logo.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

ElSieteSecretos
    magnificant news, that old logo was a such disgusting !! (maybe they were joking when they first put it on the shirt)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Well lads .... you are entitled to your opinion (i actually agree with you all) but simple fact ..... the supporters dont have an opinion on this one. There is no united supporters voice barr Alan Hunter so there is no point in whinging.

How can anyone possible expect the FAI to take fans opinions into consideration when there is no one to mediate with.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

brine2
    The logo from the Italia 90 era was grand, why they went and introduced that disgusting new thing is beyond me. (If it ain't broke...)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine2
    The logo from the Italia 90 era was grand, why they went and introduced that disgusting new thing is beyond me. (If it ain't broke...)
    I prefered the badge before with the shamrock type emblem, but you're right about this constant 'remarketing'. Fourth logo in eighteen years (shamrocks last used against Czechoslovakia in 1986) is a f*cking joke. Hope new one is nothing like what appeared to be the two people doing 'doggy' logo for the National League a few years back.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

ElSieteSecretos
    Is it a new crest or new logo ? A new crest is nice a logo is something belonging to a company

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

from www.eleven-a-side.com

The new official FAI logo is set to be launched at the end of this month, at the same time that Irish Supporters Clubs in America will come on stream.

The Football Association of Ireland are to go on a new merchandising spree with a raft of new collectable items to go on sale. The new logo is expected to be launched before the game against Romania and should feature on the jerseys for that game.

from this it sounds like it's more than just attaching a brand to the football team for marketing purposes. If the logo will be on the jersey it's safe to assume that we're talking about a new crest.