Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Future of the A Championship

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Whatever comes out of this announcement on Friday, I hope the A Championship remains. Three Division One clubs opt to play in it at present. At the very least it could be optional for all clubs and not part of being a Premier club, even if just 6 or 7 clubs were willing to play in the league and intermediate/junior clubs could be invited while playing within their respective leagues, the Championship should remain. Only this season they introduced the A Championship Cup to give more games at this level. Go go entirely the opposite way and end the Championship will be a bad regressive step.
    Where did you see anything with regards to an announcement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    Fair point in your question, I can only speculate. There's been word some clubs want an end to the A Championship and the current 5 clubs and Fanad Utd will join a regionalised First Division. I'm just expressing my hope and wish that the A Championship remains.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair point in your question, I can only speculate. There's been word some clubs want an end to the A Championship and the current 5 clubs and Fanad Utd will join a regionalised First Division. I'm just expressing my hope and wish that the A Championship remains.
    I agree with you, i also dont want to see the A Championship finished. think it would be a backward step.

From what i can make of the posts on this thread is that there will be 3 regional divisions, how are these 3 divisions made up?? or am i way off track? if there is a division restructing what will they look like???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    From people who claim to be in the know on here, taking with a pinch of salt, and other stuff posted on here it seems the League format will be:
    Premier of 12, split into 2 groups after 22 games, 10 additional games played then in each group.
    First Division will consists of 2 regional leagues of 8 in each.
    The A Championship will end.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    does anybody know if the A championship does end, will it end immediately or play out next season and change when the first division is likely to change in 2012?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Think its time for someone to get proper information on this issue and lets end the speculation.

Has any club on here got writen information that things will change next season?

Has any club on here got written information that things are the same for next season? maybe just in a different league format....

Are the clubs already in the A-Championship ment to start thinkin about next year and get plans in place players/training etc or start the process of gettin club/players back into there Junior leagues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    It's a question a few of us have been asking. I can only imagine they'll have to go ahead with next years championship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Think its time for someone to get proper information on this issue and lets end the speculation.

Has any club on here got writen information that things will change next season?

Has any club on here got written information that things are the same for next season? maybe just in a different league format....

Are the clubs already in the A-Championship ment to start thinkin about next year and get plans in place players/training etc or start the process of gettin club/players back into there Junior leagues?
    The 10th of December, tomorrow, isn't this the day that we are to get the answers?
    Whatever format they go for, if the league returns to being a closed league, it'll be a regressive step. One of the league's main problems before has been that it has been a closed league. The A Championship at least has opened the pathway for potential new clubs to join.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The 10th of December, tomorrow, isn't this the day that we are to get the answers?
    Whatever format they go for, if the league returns to being a closed league, it'll be a regressive step. One of the league's main problems before has been that it has been a closed league. The A Championship at least has opened the pathway for potential new clubs to join.
    Previous post:legendz
    Originally Posted by theboy
    Fair point in your question, "I can only speculate"

If you can only speculate about an anouncement, where are you getting that tomorrow the 10th is the date where all our questions will be answered??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    im involved with Sligo Rovers A team and i know we're already planning for this coming season. training due to start in january. if the A league does not continue, is there any reserve league at all for premier division clubs or is it just going to be u20/u19? would like to know whats going on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Previous post:legendz
    Originally Posted by theboy
    Fair point in your question, "I can only speculate"

If you can only speculate about an anouncement, where are you getting that tomorrow the 10th is the date where all our questions will be answered??
    I read it in this article:
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-2434748.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinf View Post
    im involved with Sligo Rovers A team and i know we're already planning for this coming season. training due to start in january. if the A league does not continue, is there any reserve league at all for premier division clubs or is it just going to be u20/u19? would like to know whats going on
    We all need to know what's going on. I know some clubs want the Championship ended but I think it will remain in some form. Three Division One clubs seems to appreciate the need for an A side, if half the Premier does as well, it should continue. Whether other clubs are involved or not will be a different story.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    The First Division plans haven't been set in stone yet, going by the article, and indeed, most seem opposed, so this could run for a while yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    I can see why it's opposed, established clubs in Division One will not want to be part of a regional set-up. It goes entirely against what they are about, unless they happened to suffer relegation.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From what i can make from that article is maybe next season 2011 will be at is and any changes brought in for the 2012 season.

Existing and new clubs who would have been in the A-Championship will be bumped up into the new 1st division regional set up to make up the numbers.

That would be a big step for the A-Championship sides to be in with exsting LOI sides on a weekly basis instead of playing there reserve team. but would prob improve the overall standed quickly of the A-Championship sides and maybe make the move for Junior sides more attractive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    The regionalised First Division, if it happens, will be a great move for the 5 A Championship clubs and any new clubs. It's very harsh on the established Division One clubs being bumped into a regional set-up.
    It could however as you suggest improve the standard of A Championship clubs quickly and any new clubs as well. I think the league needs about 32 strong healthy clubs. At the moment with 22 national and 5 regional, there's very little room for manoeuvre with the format.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Any announcement made???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    I haven't heard anything. Someone was claiming with the weather meetings that were to be held over the last few weeks were delayed. Everyone seems to be in the dark about what is going on and when the meeting will be held.
    According to the Indo in that article, there was to be a board of management meeting today. There's nothing anywhere to suggest it is taking place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Is the 'A' Championship remaining on in its current format this year? If so, are Fanad United entering?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    With no official reports of what happened on the 15th, everything's still up in the air, but if both divisions contained 12 teams, you would expect that the A Championship will continue. Likewise with Fanad, you'd expect the Harps lads to have the local knowledge, so Fanad are probably stepping up if the format continues.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast