Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bohs fans to loan club money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Jeez you have it bad ! Did you have this fixation with all clubs that were in trouble (Shels, Shams, Drogs, Cork etc) or is it just a Bohs thing ? years of "the big club" and "we are invincible" ? if you took/take footie chants that seriously you have bigger problems than Bohs do
    sorry marino but is this not the ultimate i told you so moment and coming from the so called small club perspective every time i hear of one of the super clubs in financial difficulty it brings a smile to my face, sorry but thats life if clubs had a superiority complex then its only to be expected that we all will have a giggle when these clubs are sliding down the slippery pole.
    also this situation helps to show to the fai that there master plan is full of holes.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    also this situation helps to show to the fai that there master plan is full of holes.
    There's a plan?

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    sorry marino but is this not the ultimate i told you so moment and coming from the so called small club perspective every time i hear of one of the super clubs in financial difficulty it brings a smile to my face, sorry but thats life if clubs had a superiority complex then its only to be expected that we all will have a giggle when these clubs are sliding down the slippery pole.
    No probs, Passerby, if what you want is a small league of small clubs (Your masterplan ???) I understand how frustrating it is for teams that have won little/nothing for years because for most of my time supporting Bohs that was us !
    Enjoyed the last decade of (relative) success and accept it may be a while (if ever) before we enjoy anything like it again. i would suggest that if Mons come up (and I hope they do) that your fans would not be adverse to a throphy or two, and would not thank your board for scrimping on achieving that.
    All football fans seek success and in doing so often gamble recklessly. Dont blame people at so called "smaller clubs" (hate the term though) enjoying "super club" (another despisable term) difficulties. As regards the superiority thing, well i guess thats us Dubs knowing we are better

Dalymount or the Phoneix Park i will still be watching Bohs next season and the memories of the last ten years will certainly help if it is the latter.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 01/10/2010 at 1:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    i dont know why posters want me to come on here and apologise for what has gone on with the club. I have nothing to apologise for. The club has nothing to apologise for other than to its own fans for the predicament we are currently in. We certainly owe no apologies or explanations to random posters engaging in an orgasmic bout of schadenfreude. I get where Passerby is coming from. I dont blame ANYONE if it brings a smile to their face. When i was younger and more immature, Rovers and Shels capitulations brought a smile to my face. Yeah we sang some chants that got on peoples nerves, yeah we won some titles with money that we didnt really have but life will go on with Bohs or without. If that floats yer boat, enjoy the moment. It will pass and it will be someone else pretty soon. Enjoy that one too.

When it came to Galway, Drogs, Cork and Derry (and i was a little bit older and wiser), i sympathised greatly with the fans here and what they were going through at the time. Its not their fault. I didnt expect apologies from them. Outside this community nobody really gives a flying one so when we're gloating and enjoying the demise we're really not doing ourselves any favours in the bigger picture.

Anyway, long story short - enjoy the moment.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Dont blame people at so called "smaller clubs" (hate the term though) enjoying "super club" (another despisable term)
    A despicable term that no one but yourself has used. Even your false modesty has delusions of grandeur
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

8. Thanks From:

Model Club
    No point feeling sorry for yourself now Stu!
    The reason that people seem to be gloating at your demise is not because you are bohs or because of terrace chants and merchandise proclaiming to be "the big club".Id say its because everyone and I mean everyone in LOI circles seen this situatiuon coming,not just today or yesterday but for the guts of 2 years,while posters on here proclaimed all was rosy......,roll on 2,3,4 in a row.

FWIW most LOI people(including the vast majority of Roves fans) dont want to see bohs fold.A few years rolling around div. 1 should put your feet firmly on the ground with a stable future-obviously this depends on the fans stepping up to the plate.

The goal for me as LOI fan is a level playing field across the board-Where big clubs can claim to be so with pride because they deserve such a title through bums on seats and all the advertising and exposure this brings.This coupled with clued in transparent people in charge of individual clubs with the FAI firmly pulling the strings is the best we can hope for, short term anyway.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    No point feeling sorry for yourself now Stu!
    im really not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    No probs, Passerby, if what you want is a small league of small clubs (Your masterplan ???) I understand how frustrating it is for teams that have won little/nothing for years because for most of my time supporting Bohs that was us !
    Enjoyed the last decade of (relative) success and accept it may be a while (if ever) before we enjoy anything like it again. i would suggest that if Mons come up (and I hope they do) that your fans would not be adverse to a throphy or two, and would not thank your board for scrimping on achieving that.
    All football fans seek success and in doing so often gamble recklessly. Dont blame people at so called "smaller clubs" (hate the term though) enjoying "super club" (another despisable term) difficulties. As regards the superiority thing, well i guess thats us Dubs knowing we are better

Dalymount or the Phoneix Park i will still be watching Bohs next season and the memories of the last ten years will certainly help if it is the latter.
    thats just my point I want a sustainable league not one of boom and bust, i want one that does not see financial prudance as as unambishous, and ive been told for years that it is clubs like us who hold the league back when it is clubs who give the tabloids there bad headlines that hold us back.
    I would love a full time professional league even if my club was not part of it but not one club has shown that that is acheivable
    oh and i am not gloating at your impending misfortunes
    Last edited by passerrby; 01/10/2010 at 3:41 PM.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    A despicable term that no one but yourself has used. Even your false modesty has delusions of grandeur
    The context of my use of "small club" and "super club" was in responing to passerby who used those terms in his post - the one I quoted.
    Guess in the throes of my modesty/delusions of grandeur moment (neither intended) i presumed posters might actually read posts rather than attempt to make smart comments. Guess I overestimated some posters, mea culpa.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 04/10/2010 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    thats just my point I want a sustainable league not one of boom and bust, i want one that does not see financial prudance as as unambishous, and ive been told for years that it is clubs like us who hold the league back when it is clubs who give the tabloids there bad headlines that hold us back.
    I would love a full time professional league even if my club was not part of it but not one club has shown that that is acheivable
    oh and i am not gloating at your impending misfortunes
    Dont think most would argue with any of that PB, like world peace and the eradicaton of hunger it is very laudable but unlikely anytime soon. Unless european football authorities get serious about finances (and am not holding my breath on that) I cannot see much changing. There will always be clubs overspending to chase whatever "dream" scenario rocks their particular boat - happens in most european leagues. While it doesnt make it right it shows how voluntarism is unlikely to lead to clubs seeing sense.

BTW great result for Mons on Friday night, hope we are both playing in Prem division next season

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345