Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rennie gone from blues ?

Bennett taking nothing for granted

May 3, 2004

Waterford United’s player manager Alan Bennett says that it will take a huge effort from his small squad to maintain their challenge at the top of the table behind league leaders Shelbourne.

Bennett’s team moved just three points behind Shels following their impressive 1-0 win at the Brandywell, but Bennett knows that maintaining the charge behind the champions will be a huge task for club with such a small squad at their disposal.

“We may be three points behind Shelbourne, but we’re so far behind them in so many other areas,” revealed Bennett. “Okay, we’ve had a successful start to the season, but that is all it is.”

Bennett knows that the next couple of weeks will tell what type of challenge the club can maintain during the season.

“We’ve done very well with a very small panel and over the next couple of weeks a number of our players will be suspended and that’s when the difficulties will arise.”

taken from eleven a side.com . funny thing is that its probably the most a second name has been used in an article ! benett this bennett that
    of course, everything looks bad if you remember it.- Homer Simpson
    www.sliceco.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yeah noticed that......could they have used Bennett more often in it.....priceless
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rennie Gone from Blues?

What shower of plonkers were responsible for getting his name wrong pray tell?

It makes me think that Blues fans now have a new chant ..
    " Who the Phuck is / Who the phuck is/ Who the phuck is Alan Bennett?"
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 03/05/2004 at 4:43 PM. Reason: correcting spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

That is the first time that i have seen a mistake on eleven-a-side so i'd leave it slide this time, i mean if you compare it to other sites it is a non issue.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya, it was the Mirror which had him down as Alan Bennett. Shoddy work guys.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rennie Gone from the Blues

Speaking as an EL fan , I have become sick to my back teeth of the manner in which the media treat our League.

It goes from saturation coverage of foreign football, to slip shod error ridden coverage of our own League here. That is when they bother to cover the League at all. What country do these papers think they are based in ?

Don't get me started on the hatchet job done on EL supporters in the Herald recently.
    There was an international weekend a season or so ago, when there was a full EL program being played. The paper was full of Premiership speculation on the Friday night's Herald and there were no frigging fixtures taking place.
    There was bugger all about our own League in the paper the same night.
    And I think there were at least 4 EL Premier games down for decision.
    There is less coverage of the English Premiership in the London Evening Standard nowadays than there is in the Evening Herald, owned by the so called Irish Independent. The English Independent publishes complete results from the Eircom League every Monday. You'd be hard pressed to find it in some of the Irish broadsheets.
    It's gone beyond a joke!

In spite of the shoddy coverage in general on RTE television I have to say something positive about the text service.... for once !
    Aertel has improved largely because a committed EL fan is now writing columns for it . RTE Radio still does a good job as do most of the local stations in places such as Waterford and Cork and Newstalk in Dublin.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 03/05/2004 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Correction