Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weekend 23/24/25 Updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    i agree with all that is written above about Limericks performance or lack of one but nobody in the ground can excuse the performance of Ref Graham Kelly in the first half. If he was bad for both teams id say hes just a bad ref but the way he rode us was simple bias. After four mins a clear offside was waved through by his linesman Edwin???? His award of a peno was bizzare, and his bookings of several limerick players for being fouled was just crazy. in the last few months we've had some strange ref appointments such as "first timers" "forth officials being suddenly promoted to ref" (only at away games) all female linos (only at away games) And for senior Kelly, dont be thinking that by appointing a limerick lino to games where we get rode is making the obvious justifiable...Its bias simple as.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Always knew Galway was the next best city in Ireland
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    i agree with all that is written above about Limericks performance or lack of one but nobody in the ground can excuse the performance of Ref Graham Kelly in the first half. If he was bad for both teams id say hes just a bad ref but the way he rode us was simple bias. After four mins a clear offside was waved through by his linesman Edwin???? His award of a peno was bizzare, and his bookings of several limerick players for being fouled was just crazy. in the last few months we've had some strange ref appointments such as "first timers" "forth officials being suddenly promoted to ref" (only at away games) all female linos (only at away games) And for senior Kelly, dont be thinking that by appointing a limerick lino to games where we get rode is making the obvious justifiable...Its bias simple as.
    Ye were doing a lot of moaning about the ref alright but it WAS a penalty it was a clear handball. Cant remember the offside been waved though but I do remember 2 or 3 offsides given when we were clearly onside. As for your penalty claim. It had a shout maybe, there was a slight nudge in the back but the way he went down he was never getting it, but I myself would of called for it if it was in the other box, just like I did when your keeper bulldozed through Timmy Purcell after he had won the header. If you want a peno for your call then surely you give another to us. The booking for "being fouled" was the same guy who made a meal of the nugde for the peno claim and deserved a booking for diving.

Your players lost the head for 15/20 mins after we went 2-0 up and played the kicking game at the backand the desperate falls up front, although I thoughtour centreback Long rode his luck with a few headers that he competed and was deservedly booked for continuos fouling.

The booking for your defender in the second half was pretty comical and slighly harsh but going by the rule book it merrited a yellow card. He just picked up the ball thinking there had been a whistle or something. Must of been the only person in the place that heard a whistle but whatever, harsh as it was just a misuderstanding and there was no danger of an attackas it was harmlessly rolling out of play but a free kick nonetheless and by the rule book a yellow card (Although common sense should of prevailed) Funny how fans seem to think that everytime their team plays awful and gets hammered that it was the refs fault. Not saying he didn't get a decision or two wrong for ye but he done the same for us.
    Last edited by **FrOsTy**; 25/09/2010 at 8:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Thanks for that. It's very difficult to judge a referee when your already biased but he honestly gave everything to Pats tonight. Was looking forward to him refereeing one of our games as he is supposed to be the best in the country. No evidence of that tonight. Can't wait to have Buttimer or Hancock again!! :P
    Jesus that's saying something L4S! I thought he had a shocker and as for his linesman on the Emmet Road side was up to his usual (sub)standard. I will be very interested to see what the Hatswell caution was for. Interesting to hear Pats fans saying he gave us nothing, an elderly gentleman in front of me leaving (pats fan) put it that they could beat us with 12 never mind 11!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by **FrOsTy** View Post
    Ye were doing a lot of moaning about the ref alright but it WAS a penalty it was a clear handball. Cant remember the offside been waved though but I do remember 2 or 3 offsides given when we were clearly onside. As for your penalty claim. It had a shout maybe, there was a slight nudge in the back but the way he went down he was never getting it, but I myself would of called for it if it was in the other box, just like I did when your keeper bulldozed through Timmy Purcell after he had won the header. If you want a peno for your call then surely you give another to us. The booking for "being fouled" was the same guy who made a meal of the nugde for the peno claim and deserved a booking for diving.

Your players lost the head for 15/20 mins after we went 2-0 up and played the kicking game at the backand the desperate falls up front, although I thoughtour centreback Long rode his luck with a few headers that he competed and was deservedly booked for continuos fouling.

The booking for your defender in the second half was pretty comical and slighly harsh but going by the rule book it merrited a yellow card. He just picked up the ball thinking there had been a whistle or something. Must of been the only person in the place that heard a whistle but whatever, harsh as it was just a misuderstanding and there was no danger of an attackas it was harmlessly rolling out of play but a free kick nonetheless and by the rule book a yellow card (Although common sense should of prevailed) Funny how fans seem to think that everytime their team plays awful and gets hammered that it was the refs fault. Not saying he didn't get a decision or two wrong for ye but he done the same for us.
    The ref definitely missed a handball by a Waterford player in the lead up to the penalty. It that the handball you're talking about?

My first recation was that Shane clarke had been fouled. Even the Waterford defender wasn't protesting the freekick. Then the referee gave a card for diving. Probably the most baffling decision was when the lino put his flag up for offside, ref didn't notice and play went on for at least 5 seconds, by which time the ball was at the other side of the pitch. Then he calls it back for a freekick.

That said, he was nothing to do with the fact that we handed you two goals in the first 20 minutes and another at the end. We were woeful.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The lead up to the penalty was a high ball hoofed from our centre half missed by Pat Purcell who let it bounce and in turn handled it.

I thought he had been fouled for the peno claim but been right in line with the booking it was a blatant dive. That offside call was odd alright. He looked at the lino played on and then called it back. Wouldnt say it had disadvantaged you as the ball had simply been moved from left full to right full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Jesus that's saying something L4S! I thought he had a shocker and as for his linesman on the Emmet Road side was up to his usual (sub)standard. I will be very interested to see what the Hatswell caution was for. Interesting to hear Pats fans saying he gave us nothing, an elderly gentleman in front of me leaving (pats fan) put it that they could beat us with 12 never mind 11!
    Hats was booked for clapping a free kick decision from Kelly. I kid you not.

The linesman was Douglas. He is shocking. Doesn't know the offside rule and is always 10 feet behind play. He is from Drogheda and always seems to do our matches against them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Hats was booked for clapping a free kick decision from Kelly. I kid you not.
    So you're telling us - in black and white - that he was cautioned for Dissent by Action?

Seems like a fairly open and shut case to me
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The lead up to the penalty was a high ball hoofed from our centre half missed by Pat Purcell who let it bounce and in turn handled it.

I thought he had been fouled for the peno claim but been right in line with the booking it was a blatant dive. That offside call was odd alright. He looked at the lino played on and then called it back. Wouldnt say it had disadvantaged you as the ball had simply been moved from left full to right full.
    If it was given for handball why did the ref signal a push when Paddy asked it was your player that handled that must have been what you seen.

Ya no disadvantage taking it back from the right back in loads of space in your half to a free inside our half that let ye get organised.

As for the offside for the first id be more worried that he was allowed walk into our box cross with no trouble and Kearney was allowed acres of space to finish.

Got what we deserved out of the game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    No I am 100% sure that it hit PP's hand! That's what I thought it was given for anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    So you're telling us - in black and white - that he was cautioned for Dissent by Action?

Seems like a fairly open and shut case to me
    But it was our free kick? Unless ref thought it was some sarcastic action. Kelly had a nightmare for the best in the country and as for Douglas we have had him loads of times this year, I shudder to think what he would be like as a ref. In some ways its easier to be critical when you have the 3 points, sour grapes can't be levelled at comments then. If there was any backbone on the MNS sofa they would be ripping into some of these decisions every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    No I am 100% sure that it hit PP's hand! That's what I thought it was given for anyway.
    It didnt hit his hand so how you are 100% sure i dont know. Was your players hand that is a fact

Not sure that we should have had pen wasn't overly convinced by any of our shoots for pens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Is the reason you were 100% convinced because the referee gave a penalty and you assumed it was for handball?

The Waterford player handled it, then got past Purcell and Purcell brought him down. The penalty was for the tackle, I'm sure of it. And Purcell did bring him down too, but there should have been a free before that.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    But it was our free kick? Unless ref thought it was some sarcastic action. Kelly had a nightmare for the best in the country and as for Douglas we have had him loads of times this year, I shudder to think what he would be like as a ref. In some ways its easier to be critical when you have the 3 points, sour grapes can't be levelled at comments then. If there was any backbone on the MNS sofa they would be ripping into some of these decisions every week.
    Well if Dundalk felt they weren't getting the decisions, and I assume they'd have voiced that to the ref, then clapping a decision in your favour could be considered dissent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    1 nil to Sligo in the EA League cup final

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    There was definitely a handball by Pat Purcell how could WJK handled it when PP had left it go a shielded it by taking down WJK! I hope the video of the incident is up on our blog soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    There was definitely a handball by Pat Purcell how could WJK handled it when PP had left it go a shielded it by taking down WJK! I hope the video of the incident is up on our blog soon!
    As the ball came in, Kiely handled it, then got inside Purcell who brought him down. Whether Purcell handled it at that point I have no idea. I get the impression we're talking about two different incidents here, about 2 seconds apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Sligo 1 - 0 Monaghan FT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Shels picked up a 2-0 win in Athlone tonight.
    Wasn't a great performance but we got the job done in the end. Big game against Cork next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    He is from Drogheda
    Hes not though is he? Hes from monasterboice, and he is woeful for us too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345