Thanked in
    389 Posts
    1 all full time. No good for either team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    1-1 ft
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Good man John Russell.
    If your name was Jack, I'd throw you a bone.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Good result for us tonight, hopefully we can capitalise on Friday, Might even catch Bohs now and finish second
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As said earlier a bad result for both although id imagine bohs were the happier to get the point in the end. Wind dictated the 1st half with bohs playing with it although we created a good few chances in first half hour. Bohs had a few bits and pieces of pressure without really creating anything and then Quigley buries a free kick which should have never been given and our keeper will be disappointed with not having saved. I didnt have a great view of the sending off which to me looked harsh but if brennan did kick out at him he only has himself to blame. When we scored after a period of sustained pressure i taught there was no way we wouldnt go on to win the game but Bohs probably had their best spell for bout 10 mins after we scored. For the last half-hour it was again all us with blinkhorn missing a great chance and Russel nearly heading a winner in the injury time but was a little disappointed with the amount of clear cut chances we created after scoring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Wouldn't be overly disappointed if I was a Bohs fan. A point still gives some hope whereas a loss it would have been game over for sure. Always disappointing to get a man sent off and then lose points though.

I would also say that Cook, like any ambitious manager, is in the job primarily to do the best for himself and by extension the club. If he makes the right decisions, the club does well. Any changes he made for the Bohs game last season (although I disagreed at the time), were to give himself and his team the best shot at success ie to ensure we won our last league game. I would have thought he could have played a full strength team in both but it paid off for us by staying in the PD. That's why he's the manager and if it had backfired he may not be in his job today.

The fortunes of Shamrock Rovers would have no influence on him whatsoever imo.
    Last edited by dong; 21/09/2010 at 10:36 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Thanks Sligo.

Some Bohs claiming Brennan was hard done by but decide for yourself ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,650 Posts
    thanks Mario. It looks to me as if Ballastdesigns is either holding Brennans leg or that Brennan has gone in so hard that he has put his foot right through Ballastdesign's thigh splitting it almost in half... but decide for yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    thanks Mario. It looks to me as if Ballastdesigns is either holding Brennans leg or that Brennan has gone in so hard that he has put his foot right through Ballastdesign's thigh splitting it almost in half... but decide for yourself.
    Easy mistake, I think you'll find that that new lad we signed during the Summer Transfer Window is actually Ballast Signs.
    As for this pathetic thread can we please close it since from the line up it is evident that we have started with our first choice players and that it was due to Shams own ineptitude that they lost the league last season and not some big bad bogey man from the west.
    *que more of the model clubs crying and whining.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    If you want a laugh you should read the shams ultras forum before the match yesterday with all their conspiracy theories

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    If you want a laugh you should read the shams ultras forum before the match yesterday with all their conspiracy theories
    There was a great conspiracy there about the cup semi final draw the other day (was linked on the Pats forum). A guy said his sister (or similar) worked for Ford and they didn't want Pats in the cup final because we're sponsored by Nissan. Apparently they forced us to take down a huge nissan banner that we had up at the corner of the 2 stands. Which might be true except we took that banner down 18 months ago
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Unschooled vagrants.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    There was a great conspiracy there about the cup semi final draw the other day (was linked on the Pats forum). A guy said his sister (or similar) worked for Ford and they didn't want Pats in the cup final because we're sponsored by Nissan. Apparently they forced us to take down a huge nissan banner that we had up at the corner of the 2 stands. Which might be true except we took that banner down 18 months ago

Yeah,because the internet(especially the ultras site)is 100%,rock solid accurate

Always gives me how giggle how people accept ****e posted by some clown on any LOI forum as being the opinion of the whole mass of that particular group-Especially when it suits the agenda of "your team"(thats any team ,Dodge not specifically yours!)

EG..."The fools on Junkie/Gypo/Homeless/bitter/Web are saying ....(insert some ridiculous rumour here).

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    As for this pathetic thread can we please close it since from the line up it is evident that we have started with our first choice players and that it was due to Shams own ineptitude that they lost the league last season and not some big bad bogey man from the west.
    *que more of the model clubs crying and whining.
    Very good point Rasputin.So going by your take on things Sligo finished in the bottom half of the table sweating on your premier division existence during the last few games due to your own "ineptitude".And to bring the thread into the present,its through our "ineptitude" that we are 3 points clear,with a game in hand!
    This thread could go on and on and.............................yawn

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    Very good point Rasputin.So going by your take on things Sligo finished in the bottom half of the table sweating on your premier division existence during the last few games due to your own "ineptitude".And to bring the thread into the present,its through our "ineptitude" that we are 3 points clear,with a game in hand!
    This thread could go on and on and.............................yawn
    Fairly obviously, what he's saying is that you were responsible for your own downfall last season, nobody else.

If you win the league this season, it will be a result of your own performance, nobody else. If you throw it away, it will be your own fault, nobody else.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Thanks Sligo.
    Some Bohs claiming Brennan was hard done by but decide for yourself ...
    Judging by this photo, if anyone should have sent off it was Keane for jumping in with both feet off the ground
    http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/w...636/460873.jpg
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    Always gives me how giggle how people accept ****e posted by some clown on any LOI forum as being the opinion of the whole mass of that particular group-Especially when it suits the agenda of "your team"(thats any team ,Dodge not specifically yours!)
    I clearly said only one guy posted the rumour. I don't think I even implied that anyone at the Rovers site believed it so you can slimba wee bit down off that high horse of ours on this issue
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I clearly said only one guy posted the rumour. I don't think I even implied that anyone at the Rovers site believed it so you can slimba wee bit down off that high horse of ours on this issue
    The first sentence of the quoted post was aimed at you.

The second was a broad point-Apologies if I wasnt clear enough for you!

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Fairly obviously, what he's saying is that you were responsible for your own downfall last season, nobody else.

If you win the league this season, it will be a result of your own performance, nobody else. If you throw it away, it will be your own fault, nobody else.
    I would have thought it was obvious that I am well aware that we are the champions of our own destiny also!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Judging by this photo, if anyone should have sent off it was Keane for jumping in with both feet off the ground
    http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/w...636/460873.jpg
    In fairness WqB, how can you judge an incident like that by a still photo.

Just on the incident Id say he probably moved his leg in the direction of the player. Did he deserve to be sent off, probably not, but by the letter of the law he did.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast