Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question for Sligo fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    Very good point Rasputin.So going by your take on things Sligo finished in the bottom half of the table sweating on your premier division existence during the last few games due to your own "ineptitude".And to bring the thread into the present,its through our "ineptitude" that we are 3 points clear,with a game in hand!
    This thread could go on and on and.............................yawn
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan
    Fairly obviously, what he's saying is that you were responsible for your own downfall last season, nobody else.

If you win the league this season, it will be a result of your own performance, nobody else. If you throw it away, it will be your own fault, nobody else.
    I really fail to see how it can go on and on when osarusan has pretty much hit the nail on the head in that post.
    Its not a very complex point to fathom that is the teams themselves that are ultimately responsible for their faith.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

I really fail to see how it can go on and on when osarusan has pretty much hit the nail on the head in that post.
    Its not a very complex point to fathom that is the teams themselves that are ultimately responsible for their faith.
    we're prodestants.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

I think you'll find my post was posted a full 9 minutes before Osarusan's.

There really seems to be a need to spell out every word on here in baby step form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    In fairness WqB, how can you judge an incident like that by a still photo.

Just on the incident Id say he probably moved his leg in the direction of the player. Did he deserve to be sent off, probably not, but by the letter of the law he did.
    Exactly, you can't, just as you can't judge an incident solely on the other photo, they are obviously taken form the same incident, just pointing out how two photos from same incident can appear to show two different things, that's all.
    From what I've read (either here or in poapers, not sure which), Keane held his head after incident which is when the red was shown, so neither photo is evidence of what led to the sending off!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Original question answered. I'll hold my hands up, I didnt think Cooke would play as strong a side as he did after I read the original news feed yesterday morning, so all credit to him for that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAJD View Post
    Original question answered. I'll hold my hands up, I didnt think Cooke would play as strong a side as he did after I read the original news feed yesterday morning, so all credit to him for that.
    Its cook!

Btw, maybe keep your stupid questions until after an event before starting 4 pages of lunacy based on womens intuition.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    we're prodestants.
    Roddystants?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    In Rod We Trust.

(not really!)

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Its cook!

Btw, maybe keep your stupid questions until after an event before starting 4 pages of lunacy based on womens intuition.
    Hardly a stupid question given the similar circumstances from last years title run-in,also the original report linked mentioned sligo resting players.And as the OP mentioned Cooke has form in this regard-Hardly "womens intuition"(I didn't even realize GGAJD was a woman-You learn something new every day!)

Surley if it was as stupid as you claim no-one would have answered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    theres no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid posters.

in fairness, it should have waited until at least the team was announced and not on the back of some press release... Osam was doubtful for 20 years.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    theres no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid posters.

in fairness, it should have waited until at least the team was announced and not on the back of some press release... Osam was doubtful for 20 years.
    A bohs fan!....speaking out against a "living in the now" philosophy
    Oh how times have changed

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    179 Posts
    Model Club, honestly is the only reason you come on this forum is to have a dig at every possible oppurtunity.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Model Club, honestly is the only reason you come on this forum is to have a dig at every possible oppurtunity.
    What can I say?I'm pro-active and re-active

I can understand that a lot of my posts wouldn't suit a lot of other posters but at least my contribution doesn't consist simply of a "thanks" or the self-paradoxial
    gem such as "dongs" on a previous page of this thread.

Nor are they wind ups in any way.

If you or others have an issue just report any posts that don't fall under the rules and I'll fall on my sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    I love the way Shams are still harping on about the team we played in Dalymount last season.

Here's the team we played in Tolka against Shams last season - only 4 of that team started the cup final (Brush would have started only for injury).

Sligo Rovers: 1 Richard Brush; 2 Jason Noctor, 3 Shaun Holmes, 4 Alan Keane, 5 Ger Rafter; 6 Christopher Kelly, 7 Brian Cash, 8 Romauld Boco, 9 Matthew Blinkhorn, 10 Rob Turner, 11 Dean Marshall. Substitutes not used: 12 Rafael Cretaro, 13 Gavin Peers, 14 Danny Keohane, 17 Ciaran Kelly.

And here's the team we played in Dalymount - 6 of that team started in the Cup Final.

SLIGO ROVERS : Schlingermann; Boco, Camano, Keane, Kendrick; Marshall, O’Grady, Meenan, Ryan (Cash, half-time), Doyle; Turner.

Final score in both games. 3-1

The old saying about these things evening themselves out over the course of the season comes to mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A bohs fan!....speaking out against a "living in the now" philosophy
    Oh how times have changed
    As opposed to the model club who live in the past but conveniently forget about bankruptcy, non payment of creditors etc.

See two can play that game!
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    I love the way Shams are still harping on about the team we played in Dalymount last season.

Here's the team we played in Tolka against Shams last season - only 4 of that team started the cup final (Brush would have started only for injury).

Sligo Rovers: 1 Richard Brush; 2 Jason Noctor, 3 Shaun Holmes, 4 Alan Keane, 5 Ger Rafter; 6 Christopher Kelly, 7 Brian Cash, 8 Romauld Boco, 9 Matthew Blinkhorn, 10 Rob Turner, 11 Dean Marshall. Substitutes not used: 12 Rafael Cretaro, 13 Gavin Peers, 14 Danny Keohane, 17 Ciaran Kelly.

And here's the team we played in Dalymount - 6 of that team started in the Cup Final.

SLIGO ROVERS : Schlingermann; Boco, Camano, Keane, Kendrick; Marshall, O’Grady, Meenan, Ryan (Cash, half-time), Doyle; Turner.

Final score in both games. 3-1

The old saying about these things evening themselves out over the course of the season comes to mind
    The only one harping on about that fixture is you.The difference in the 2 fixtures is that for the game in Tolka,Sligo were weakened through injuries/suspensions iirc,rather than simply resting players. the

Again I have no problem with Cooke dropping players for the long term good of his club-Its just unfortunate for us that he chose to do it when he did and because of the almost identical circumstances(title race,upcoming cup game) and this along with the linked article in the original post led to a legitimate question being asked.Trust me if you were in our position you'd be asking the same questions as us.

I've moved on now-A good result for us but only if capitalized on by us tomorrow.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by btid1 View Post
    As opposed to the model club who live in the past but conveniently forget about bankruptcy, non payment of creditors etc.

See two can play that game!
    The term "model club" was,to the best of my knowledge given to SRFC by other clubs fans because when we got our house in order very few,least of al, any of the title contenders since our take over.The harping by the fans of SRFC may not have been what you/they wanted to hear but recent history surely has proven them/us right!

You suggest that we as a group "conveniently forget about bankruptcy and the non-payment of creditors".I dont know where you picked up such a presumption but I can assure you that that period is far from being forgotten about and is what will make any future success feel so much better.

Why this period is not a shameful one for me is because when we seen just how deep the idiots who were in charge of the club at the time had us buried we decided to do something about it.This not only involved taking over the running of the club but in doing so effectively relegating ourselves by coming clean with the books.
    No Hoop can dismiss the debacle that went on before our take over but then no supporter of any club can seriously fail to admire what has gone on since.

The model we have adopted is the ONLY one that can really work in this league where very few people care about their local team but those who do care more than they really should.Of course bohs although being probably the pioneers of the members model in this country have managed to make a balls of it but this shouldn't deter others from following such a course.
    IMO all clubs should have a members club independant of the current owners for 2 reasons.
    (1)The help out the club if they are in need of financial support,or
    (2)To act as a warchest to take over their club should the suppport base become unhappy with their current owners.

As for conveniently forgetting important times in history-Just how much did bohs give the FAI for the home of Irish football in the 80's-Dont hear much about that one any more!!

One last point-Something tells me bohs current creditors will be doing well to recieve 4% over the coming close season so maybe that'll be one less broken record for you to churn out when Rovers occasionally are given the credit they deserve

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    No offence to you btid1, but you've been handed your ar$e there.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The term "model club" was,to the best of my knowledge given to SRFC by other clubs fans
    Tongue 'n cheek

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Firmly!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast