Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1467

Thread: Ciaran Clark D Stoke City b.1989

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    You shouldn't believe all that's said and written in the media.

How many times have you been to a game, then watch highlights or listen to a radio report which is way off what you've just seen live?

Unless your at the game, then in my opinion you can't comment on it.
    That would render about 75% of the opinions on the forum invalid, even higher if you apply it to the internet as a whole
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/t...r-this-season/
    Lads thought I would see what the fans that actually see him every week think of his performance. Gets the nod for most improved player this season

3. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunners View Post
    http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/t...r-this-season/
    Lads thought I would see what the fans that actually see him every week think of his performance. Gets the nod for most improved player this season
    Can't wait for the doc to head over and question them all about whether they were there.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    the doc's been called out about this before. He goes to Villa games but also is present at PNE games. In the past he has taken in Villa, PNE and 'Boro games on the same day, despite the games being played simultaneously. Rumours the doc attends games at Portman Rd are however unfounded.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Rumours the doc attends games at Portman Rd are however unfounded.
    Well, there'd be no reason for him to be there now so I don't know why you'd be making such allusions!

And the doc sits beside Kevin Grealish at Villa Park, don't you know?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Did you go to the game?

If not then you can't really comment on the game as a whole.

Clark did well, but there will always be a big mistake from him, that's just the way he is.

Credit to him for backing his team mate instead of injuring one of them.

Villa will be in the Championship next season which is about Clarks level.
    Villa wont be in the Championship next season!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Starting today away to Arsenal, just played Giroud a mile onside from a long ball and Osil flick through for Giroud to slot the ball home one on one with the keeper.

Clark's positioning/ concentration letting him down there again, it's the one area of his game he's really not pushed on and improved on over the last few years and he's getting to the stage now where if he doesn't learn he never will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelwest View Post
    Starting today away to Arsenal, just played Giroud a mile onside from a long ball and Osil flick through for Giroud to slot the ball home one on one with the keeper.

Clark's positioning/ concentration letting him down there again, it's the one area of his game he's really not pushed on and improved on over the last few years and he's getting to the stage now where if he doesn't learn he never will.
    Okore brain-farted and sprinted out of the line. If he came, he had to get there. He takes most of the blame.

Although the CBs don't get as much blame for the result as Lambert and the three centre mids, as none of them offered the CBs any protection against Arsenal's plethora of attacking midfielders. Absolutely disastrous set-up against Arsenal.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    No nonsense from Clark:

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    As much as a tackle like that does the heart good, he's running a pretty serious risk. Many, if not most, referees would view it as excessive force and issue a red. If he did that in the opening ten minutes against Poland, for example, I'd be pretty worried about the outcome.

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I don't think any referee would give a red card for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    We're seeing two very different things so. I don't think it should be a red or anything, but my heart would definitely skip a beat if it happened in one of our games. He flies into the tackle and turns Schlupp upside down who, in fairness, helped by not playacting. You obviously have way more faith in referees than me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He was extremely lucky to escape conceding a penalty at Old Trafford at the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I thought Rooney made a meal of it, happier to go down than actually take a shot which he might have done. The way Rooney bent both knees was classic Drogba.
    Yeah Rooney went down easily for sure, but Clark gave him every reason to go down. He was fairly fortunate to escape I think, possibly because it was so early in the match, knowing the way these things seem to work.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Yep, but isn't it terrible that we keep on referring to incidents in the "knowing how these things work" context? It's quite rare for referees (and pundits) to see things differently to how they are conditioned to see them. I'd say the few saw Clark with his hands on Rooney but barely putting any pressure on. He probably thought Roondy was hamming it up so thought stuff him. That's what I'd like to think anyway! Likewise, I think the Polish match ref was unconvinced by Fabianski's claims given how severely the Poles reacted to every other incident. The burden of proof was raised in our favour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yep, but isn't it terrible that we keep on referring to incidents in the "knowing how these things work" context?
    It is. Actually one of the better performances I've seen in recent times was Michael Oliver for the Man Utd v Arsenal cup match. He bravely gave a string of decisions against United in the second half. I thought, each time, that he'd have to give them the next one. All of the decisions were spot on and he dished out yellows for diving too, as well as sending Di Maria off for diving followed by petulance over the decision. I was actually going for United so it's not just the word of a biased ABU! Bellerin was arguably fortunate to escape a second yellow that night alright (just as he was ridiculously fortunate on Saturday) but I have to say I thought it was a really ballsy performance from Oliver.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    No nonsense from Clark:

Lucky to get away with that, hard to see what happens it is do fast but his trailing leg seems to take him out,
    but he has to be careful he does not break his own legs, it is a pretty fine line, to judge what is acceptable.

He is currently our highest ranked player statistically.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I think Wilson and O'Shea are our top two CBs but I think Clark might be our best call at left back against Scotland. I think the occasion got the better of Brady last month and he'd be best utilised wide left. Ward is Ward - you know what you're getting and he'd probably have had the sense to "get rid" when in Brady's situation - but a Ward lacking match fitness can't be trusted.

That said, despite Wilson playing really well against Poland (in general), had Keogh or Clark done what Wilson did for Poland's goal there'd have been a national outcry on social media.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I think Wilson and O'Shea are our top two CBs but I think Clark might be our best call at left back against Scotland. I think the occasion got the better of Brady last month and he'd be best utilised wide left. Ward is Ward - you know what you're getting and he'd probably have had the sense to "get rid" when in Brady's situation - but a Ward lacking match fitness can't be trusted.

That said, despite Wilson playing really well against Poland (in general), had Keogh or Clark done what Wilson did for Poland's goal there'd have been a national outcry on social media.

Note saying I disagree, but the according to the stats ranking, the order of merit is.

Clark http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70099
    McShane http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12714
    Delaney http://www.whoscored.com/Players/8466
    Wilsoon http://www.whoscored.com/Players/23446
    O'Shea http://www.whoscored.com/Players/70099

Clark has 8.3 clearance per game O'Shea 4.7

Clark 2 MoM, McShane 1, ducks for the other 3.

O'Shea is the better passer though.

Anyhow I just though I'd put up their stats, would be nice to see them side by side to compare, and of course the stats
    are not static players move up and down. Clark has two assists too, and a gooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Ward would definitely have got rid to be fair, but I don't think he would played any role in keeping us on the front foot in the second half the way Brady did. I'd pick Brady to play against Scotland, we need to try to take the game to them. I'd be a bit gutted to see Ward back in to be honest, any combination of Coleman - O'Shea - Wilson/Clark/Brady would be preferable at this stage.

True, if Keogh had defended like Brady, O'Shea or Wilson for the goal there would have been some serious fireworks around here. Might have provided some respite for Robbie Keane though.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 09/04/2015 at 7:52 AM.

28. Thanks From:

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast