Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1467

Thread: Ciaran Clark D Stoke City b.1989

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Nice to see him get the goal yesterday. Hopefully he will stay in the team now and could push to play alongside O'Shea on a regular basis. Would love to see Delaney myself but this guy next for me for sure.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    drops to the bench today, after starting the last eight games in a row. Villa's record in those games are two wins, four draws, two losses
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    And he's back in! That pea-shooter he hid in his sock comes in handy as Vlaar is struck down with a mystery injury.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    getting good reviews again today for his performance, has really turned his season around since he has been given a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    had him in my fantasy football team today
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    getting good reviews again today for his performance, has really turned his season around since he has been given a chance
    O'Shea has been a rock at the back this season for Sunderland. Take away the 8-0 defeat to Southampton and they would have one of the best defensive records in the league. He has been far more consistent than any of their other CB's over the last several seasons.

It's young center backs who are the currency we need though. Derrick Williams of Bristol City scored his third of the season to send them 6 points clear of the playoff positions at the top of League One. They have the best defensive record in the league and he is a fundamental part of that. Couple his age (22 this month) and his versatility and he is one that should be very close to a call up. He had a Premier League education and he is more experienced than most Irish center backs of his age. People are talking about losing Shane O'Neill to the U.S.A. Williams is a better player anyways and (theoretically) we could lose him too.

I think we should be taking a proper look at Williams & Duffy now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    O'Shea has been a rock at the back this season for Sunderland. Take away the 8-0 defeat to Southampton and they would have one of the best defensive records in the league. He has been far more consistent than any of their other CB's over the last several seasons.

It's young center backs who are the currency we need though. Derrick Williams of Bristol City scored his third of the season to send them 6 points clear of the playoff positions at the top of League One. They have the best defensive record in the league and he is a fundamental part of that. Couple his age (22 this month) and his versatility and he is one that should be very close to a call up. He had a Premier League education and he is more experienced than most Irish center backs of his age. People are talking about losing Shane O'Neill to the U.S.A. Williams is a better player anyways and (theoretically) we could lose him too.

I think we should be taking a proper look at Williams & Duffy now.
    How can you compare the two? Have you seen a lot of Colorado Rapids games? O'Neill is on the fringes of a team who got to the second round of the World Cup, Williams hasn't been mentioned by anyone in the Irish management team, and the chances are he won't be until August at the earliest (historically we rarely call up players playing below the Championship)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    When I heard on the radio Clark was sent off for a scuffle, just when he had a run in the team virtually assured, I thought he was an idiot. But I just saw the replay and Clark was entitled to react to a vicious tackle. He didn't do much wrong other than show a bit of justified anger towards a possible leg breaking lunge on a teammate.

Villa were comprehensively outplayed by Leicester. Utter garbage on their part.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    When I heard on the radio Clark was sent off for a scuffle, just when he had a run in the team virtually assured, I thought he was an idiot. But I just saw the replay and Clark was entitled to react to a vicious tackle. He didn't do much wrong other than show a bit of justified anger towards a possible leg breaking lunge on a teammate.

Villa were comprehensively outplayed by Leicester. Utter garbage on their part.
    Did you go to the game?

If not then you can't really comment on the game as a whole.

Clark did well, but there will always be a big mistake from him, that's just the way he is.

Credit to him for backing his team mate instead of injuring one of them.

Villa will be in the Championship next season which is about Clarks level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Did you go to the game?
    did you?

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    did you?
    Yes, got a compo off Clarky, I'm being serious too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Your famous backrubs are starting to pay off, Doc.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Did you go to the game?

What's the point of this post?

I wasn't commenting on the game as a whole, which was pretty obvious. I was clearly commenting on the preceived stupidity of getting a suspension when he had a run in the team virtually guaranteed, but I said that having seen the incident I thought he was justified backing up his teammate, as you say yourself.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Did you go to the game?

Except he didn't comment on the game as a whole, at all, now did he ?

Villa will be in the Championship next season which is about Clarks level.
    Nice, lets hope this is as accurate as your saying SSL was a big part of O'Neils plans and had a big move sorted and sealed, some time back,

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    What's the point of this post?

I wasn't commenting on the game as a whole, which was pretty obvious. I was clearly commenting on the preceived stupidity of getting a suspension when he had a run in the team virtually guaranteed, but I said that having seen the incident I thought he was justified backing up his teammate, as you say yourself.
    He was possibly referring to your comment about Villa being comprehensively outplayed, still daft though.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He was possibly referring to your comment about Villa being comprehensively outplayed, still daft though.
    Not half as daft as someone making assumptions about a game they never went to.

Are people so stupid that they feel they can comment on a game on the basis of heavily edited highlights.

That's the trouble with forums and message boards people making claims and comments on games they haven't seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts

Are people so stupid that they feel they can comment on a game on the basis of heavily edited highlights.

That's the trouble with forums and message boards people making claims and comments on games they haven't seen.
    unfortunately, there's not enough hours in the week to watch the full 90 minutes of every game, in every league, with one or more Irish players involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

They show the main chances... if one team had loads and the other team had none, then I think it's reasonable to assume that the latter were outplayed. It's not bullet proof but I'd imagine it's accurate more often than not. Why don't you tell us what really happened then?
    Last edited by DeLorean; 12/01/2015 at 8:05 PM.

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts

Every match report and radio summary I heard said the same thing. These were all reports from people who were there.

I haven't been to Syria myself. Does that mean I'm stupid to think it's not all peace and love there?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Every match report and radio summary I heard said the same thing. These were all reports from people who were there.

I haven't been to Syria myself. Does that mean I'm stupid to think it's not all peace and love there?
    You shouldn't believe all that's said and written in the media.

How many times have you been to a game, then watch highlights or listen to a radio report which is way off what you've just seen live?

Unless your at the game, then in my opinion you can't comment on it.

Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast