Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: 2011 Presidential Election

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    What's the story about some 7 letters he is not releasing? Is that just paper talk or is there actually some substance behind it?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Just an interesting link as some people on here think the IRA were created in a vacuum
    http://www.wsm.ie/c/secret-documents...tate-collusion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Just an interesting link as some people on here think the IRA were created in a vacuum
    Having just dropped the bombshell that the UDR were hopelessly compromised by loyalist paramilitary infiltration - who gave the more thought-out and measured response* -Martin McGuinness? Seamus Mallon? Gerry Fitt? John Hume? Other?

*(making the groundless assumption for a moment that all Republican hell raising was re-active to state supported loyalist murder gangs).
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Does anyone know much about Mary Davis? She seems to have done well in her role with the Special Olympics. When the campaign gets dirty is there mud that'll be thrown at her? I'm not surprised for now that she is transfer friendly. I'm surprised Higgins is getting so much backing. Gallagher hasn't impressed at all in my opinion.
    Mary Davis appears to have FF skeletons in the closet. She was appointed to a number of state boards that have no direct link to her area's of interest (such as Aer Rianta). We know from Bartholomew that he only appointed people because they were friends of his, not on their skills or suitability. Whether she's enough of a threat for anyone to really go digging though, is a different question.

Not sure why the surprise about Higgins - most of the rest of the candidates are too divisive. His only intervention in the debacle so far has to be make sure Norris is on the ticket!

Gallagher has given up - he's not even bothering with posters, under the cover of the tidy towns.

Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    What's the story about some 7 letters he is not releasing? Is that just paper talk or is there actually some substance behind it?
    If there's no issue, then why not release them? If it's more of the same what's the problem? I think it was on the News at One yesterday or the day before that there inconsistencies in his story about what he knew and when.

Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    So the IRA were just some defensive organisation, for their entire active period, who only targeted occupying forces? I think I was pretty clear earlier that I don't have a problem with him running and see alot of the commentary as hypocritical, but seriously, this revisionist nonsense doesn't help anyone, least of all McGuinness

Just as a btw, even though several Labour members of Government have an Officials background, it should be noted that the Democratic Left split out of the Workers Party to sever any remaining link with the OIRA. Just as it's been brought up a few times (including by me!).
    Last edited by Macy; 28/09/2011 at 8:28 AM.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    Having just dropped the bombshell that the UDR were hopelessly compromised by loyalist paramilitary infiltration - who gave the more thought-out and measured response* -Martin McGuinness? Seamus Mallon? Gerry Fitt? John Hume? Other?
    All very fine for some folk to talk about appropriate responses,

Seamus Mallon, I have a lot of respect for, he wouldn't think twice to drag himself out of bed at the behest of a constitituent, go down to the local ruc station and hammer the door down until he was allowed to see the arrested kids in person, check their mortal state and berate the Ruc
    When there was a suspect bomb discovered near the Brandywell before their biggest game in recent history, like Derry City fc, I'd call Marty and ask him to bring some rope. Different strokes for different folk.

All very fine for some folk to talk about appropriate responses and maybe even quote some sweet words from the hyped up hypocrite, Mohandas Gandhi, to support their stance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    *(making the groundless assumption for a moment that all Republican hell raising was re-active to state supported loyalist murder gangs).
    Not during the whole conflict, but it certainly spawned as a reaction to events on the ground caused by the reaction of loyalists and the British state.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Now that the nomination deadline has passed, time for the traditional Foot.ie poll?

8. Thanks From:

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    time for the traditional Foot.ie poll?
    Do we really need another summer v winter football poll?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

10. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Now that the nomination deadline has passed, time for the traditional Foot.ie poll?
    Sure why not: http://foot.ie/threads/157304-2011-P...-Campaign-Poll
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324