Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ramblers Vs UCD A, next saturday the 18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ramblers Vs UCD A, next saturday the 18

as said rams will be playing UCD who are currentlt top of our division, at home next saturday,

would be great of we could all get out to support the team for this game, and show the lads there not playing for noting, and we will bounce back as a club,

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    0-0 draw missed the first half, was told both teams had chances, second half rams had a few chance as did UCD, again the midfield seemed the weakness, some very astray passing going on, still an area to work on,

was having a conversation later about where we have to be to be in a play-off, i recall reading we have to finnish in the top tree ahaead of any other first team, but was told tonight its top 4, anyone know if they changed it, i only ask cause it looks as if rovers will push us out of 3 place if they win there games in hand,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

3. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    0-0 draw missed the first half, was told both teams had chances, second half rams had a few chance as did UCD, again the midfield seemed the weakness, some very astray passing going on, still an area to work on,

was having a conversation later about where we have to be to be in a play-off, i recall reading we have to finnish in the top tree ahaead of any other first team, but was told tonight its top 4, anyone know if they changed it, i only ask cause it looks as if rovers will push us out of 3 place if they win there games in hand,
    No change in the rules as far as I know.Still think a first team looking for promotion must finish in top 3.Will be a real battle for 3rd now between yourselves Rovers,Tralee and Carlow.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realcelt View Post
    No change in the rules as far as I know.Still think a first team looking for promotion must finish in top 3.Will be a real battle for 3rd now between yourselves Rovers,Tralee and Carlow.

Looks like 26/27 points will probably secure third, which for you means four points off ourselves and Carlow. As you've said, Rovers run means a draw today wouldn't make difference to that figure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    As 0-0 draws go that was a very good game, UCD hit hit our bar twice in the 1st half but Ramblers had some great chances in the first half, UCD had a few good chances in the second, we were unlucky with a header that went just wide and Jamie Murphy could have won it late on for us.
    I was very impressed with UCD, that side would comfortably survive in the First Division.
    As for the promotion thingy I think if none of the reserve sides finished in the top 3 there could still be a play-off as I think Mervue finished mid table in their group when they beat Kildare in the play-off a couple of years ago so the precedent has been set.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    It a result that suits both sides. UCD play srfc next and they still need a win to make sure of top spot. UCD also play St. Pats at UCD Bowl in the last weekend, I think there is plenty of room for a first team in the top three.
    I understood at the beginning of the season it was a top three finish for a first team side to progress.

By the end of 2008 Mervue Utd finished in third spot. That first year there was definitely a top four rule for first team sides.
    http://www.airtricityleague.com/inde...onship/history
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."