Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Delaney being smoked out

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Only story I've ever heard about Irish fans, Delaney and a bar on an away trip was the lads drinking with the head of the Faroese FA who was giving out about the ignorant, awkward fool in charge in Ireland...
    Stan was poor, granted, but that's a bit OTT

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    And, as for that yellow brick road Delaney spouts on about towards paying off the morgage to own a house. Well, the FAI won't own a brick of it.: http://www.tribune.ie/sport/soccer/a...s-dont-add-up/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Failure to qualify for the W/C, not getting one of the big nation in the draw for the qualification group for 2012, the type of football were playing. There are more than just the economic factors at the play to why the tickets would not sell before the stadium opened. The writing was on the wall well over a year ago that this scheme was going to fail and the FAI buried their heads and hoped that things would sort themselves out. If the figueres are right their in trouble and its going to hurt Irish football at all levels.

Expect to see Amsterdam like touranments held every summer in Dublin (prob without an Irish team) so the great Irish sporting nation can pay €50 a pop to watch foreign team's go through the motions and start Mexcian waves when they get bored.

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

What a load of Fanning!!
    Only shock in that article is that Fannyhead wrote about Irish football. He usually writes about his beloved England or the EPL.
    Also what kind of fans would drink in the same bar as the likes of him and the FAI head honchos???

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    No great surprise there - particularly as some money from the Aviva will eventually flow to the junior game, whereas money from Limerick-Barcelona wouldn't have.
    All the money from that game will be going to pay the mortgage, and that also ignores the fact that the Junior game in Limerick wouldn't have much time for the senior team anyway (from my understanding anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Delaney has the support of all levels within the game. It's how he got re-elected as CEO recently. Whether that endorsement was whole-hearted or not is a different matter..
    I don't think the CEO is an elected position - maybe there was some board vote to offer the contract extensions, but even then you'd be assuming the board is representative.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I do not believe what I read. I know Fanning is an ott Liverpool fan, but this takes the biscuit. Obviously somebody high up in the Indo didn't receive a discount on his Vantage Club tickets, however they must have gotten them on Saturday. The man is a disgrace and he and his ilk are a blight on Irish society. He's the same as the fools who ran the banks into the ground and who have systematically destroyed the credibility of Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    The man is a disgrace and he and his ilk are a blight on Irish society. He's the same as the fools who ran the banks into the ground and who have systematically destroyed the credibility of Ireland.
    Ah will you steady on?? Such a load of self righteous drivel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    All the money from that game will be going to pay the mortgage, and that also ignores the fact that the Junior game in Limerick wouldn't have much time for the senior team anyway (from my understanding anyway).
    Which is why I said money from the Aviva will eventually flow to the junior game, not from any specific match.

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I don't think the CEO is an elected position - maybe there was some board vote to offer the contract extensions, but even then you'd be assuming the board is representative.
    I think you're right there Macy - my bad. Was getting confused with the recent extension of FAI control over the league.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Ah will you steady on?? Such a load of self righteous drivel.
    Well, I was probably a bit tired and angry after a long train journey and on Saturday I actually met a man whose first question for me was "What type of scum are running football in Ireland?", I was tempted to say, pretty much the same as here, but his point was that no association has so steadily dispossed their own league as ours, I did point out, however, the great job clubs do in messing up all by themselves!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345