Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: New Players..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

New Players..

We've got a good few players in over the last few weeks and some are very good and will add alot to the team but some are just stupid gets...
    The two centre backs, dempsey, o'connor are good signings but this new left back hueston is terrible, wouldn't even be up to lsl junior standerds. And he some how gets his game every week ahead of massey, shields, brennan and tresson who would all do a better job at left back. I know people say its good to have some height but he cant even win headers against the smallest oppostion...

What do people think about the signings we have made?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&whitearmy View Post
    We've got a good few players in over the last few weeks and some are very good and will add alot to the team but some are just stupid gets...
    The two centre backs, dempsey, o'connor are good signings but this new left back hueston is terrible, wouldn't even be up to lsl junior standerds. And he some how gets his game every week ahead of massey, shields, brennan and tresson who would all do a better job at left back. I know people say its good to have some height but he cant even win headers against the smallest oppostion...

What do people think about the signings we have made?
    Prendagast, O Connor, Dempsey & Gregg are good signings, have to agree Heuston disappointing so far, Mitchell a bit of a liability at the moment hopefully he will improve........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Bar Hueston the rest have been impressive. Wouldn't agree with Mitchell being a liability seems a good old fashioned hard centre back who's not afraid to get stuck in.
    Hueston has to be up there as one of the worst players I've ever seen play for Bray, can't pass, panics on the ball, is about 6 foot 3 and can't win a header and still gets in ahead of Massey? While I don't like having a go at players who at least seem to be trying their best this lad will cost us points we can't afford to drop and for the good of the team I hope he gets dropped to the A squad and try work on whatever potential the coaching staff see in him from there
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Just to clarify, do you have a Sean Heuston and Sean Houston in your squad, two different players?

I didn't realise Sean Houston was playing in defence for some of your games.
    He's played as a forward at UCD and was a regular scorer and assister for our U20 Championship winning side last season.
    He scored the first goal against Bray in the semis [after edit] of that competition.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 22/08/2010 at 8:36 AM.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Houstan also played as either an attacking Midfielder or Striker for Harps and was excellant. LB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    Just to clarify, do you have a Sean Heuston and Sean Houston in your squad, two different players?

I didn't realise Sean Houston was playing in defence for some of your games.
    He's played as a forward at UCD and was a regular scorer and assister for our U20 Championship winning side last season.
    He scored the first goal against Bray in the quarters of that competition.
    Well, semi-literate people on this forum love to post personalised abuse, even when they can't spell the name of the person they're attacking. We did it for our manager and now we're much better off. There's a 'lsl junior standerd'- who knew the Leinster Senior League had a junior section?? We get Shields (midfield), Brennan (midfield) or Tresson (centre half) suggested as left backs. Massey was dropped because he's underperformed hugely this season- he got his chance against Shels and blew it- but now he's the left back we want, short memories. You'd wonder if they ever kicked a ball themselves? Give Sean Houston a break (and the rest of the squad too for that matter).
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Massey probably deserved to be dropped after a few bad performances but he should be back in now. Can's figure out why Houston is at left back when he was a striker with his other clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sean Houston is better than Massey are you haveing a laff.
    Massey playin **** would be better than Houston. FULL STOP !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Houstan is a cracking striker, Ipswich players were really impressed with him up front last season for us. He scored that day and hurt his back, never played again for us as he signed for the students on a scholorship.
    Would have him back at Harps in a heart beat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Personally I'd much rather see Massey playing left back, agree with seagull though that the others mentioned aren't contenders for that position.
    It seems quite strange that the Ucd and Harps fans are raving about Houston being a good striker but him turning out for us at left back, especially since any two of O'Neill, Mulroy and Kelly would most likely thrive off having a big man up front. I presumed since the only times he played up front for us was late in games that it was the usual tactic of thump it up to the big man and hope for the best. After reading the opinion of the posters above I'd like to see him get a chance in his proper position, but stand by my opinion of him not being a capable left back.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nf08 View Post
    Sean Houston is better than Massey are you haveing a laff.
    Massey playin **** would be better than Houston. FULL STOP !
    Who was it who said Houston is better than Massey?
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I agree with the comments about Houston.

He doesn't seem like a left-back at all. I'd rather see Massey in there, even if he's been playing badly. He's proven himself to be capable back there in the past. At the mo, it looks like Massey's forgotten how to play there.

Didn't Houston play up front or on the left side of midfield in one game? It might've been against Sligo or Fingal. He looked better that time. He had good close control and, iirc, he had a few good runs at defenders. He completely panicked for the first goal against Rovers and he has seemed useless at left-back when he's played there.

Danny O'Connor has looked good but fitness seems to be a problem for him at the moment. The same with Dempsey. Prendergast has looked good but he can be slow off the mark if he gets turned. Gregg has done well, though he looked hopeless against Rovers. He seemed to have lost all his confidence, not catching balls as well, punching weakly. I hope he's better by the time he plays again, assuming he's cup-tied against UCD.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.