Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs v Rovers moved to Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts
    Shows how much of a stadium for hire tallaght could be. Are Shams fans not worried that another LOI team could come in for a shared leaseholding. Very unlikely granted, but possible all the same?
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Shows how much of a stadium for hire tallaght could be. Are Shams fans not worried that another LOI team could come in for a shared leaseholding. Very unlikely granted, but possible all the same?
    Depends on what the lease says, so I doubt it would be possible without them having a say on it.

Whilst it's moot - I'm not sure what difference it would make anyway. So long as a pitch is well laid and well maintained then having two clubs using it shoiuldn't cause any real issues. Except very occasionally with cup draw clashes etc. But Rovers were used to ground-sharing anyway.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Depends on what the lease says, so I doubt it would be possible without them having a say on it.

Whilst it's moot - I'm not sure what difference it would make anyway. So long as a pitch is well laid and well maintained then having two clubs using it shoiuldn't cause any real issues. Except very occasionally with cup draw clashes etc. But Rovers were used to ground-sharing anyway.
    Rovers dont seem to have very much sway at all, SDCC were more than happy to take our money, there's been talk of Shels moving to Tallaght for years now and dont forget how quick the SDCC were to tell Rovers the ground was unavailable in the days before the Madrid game last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de bowez View Post
    Rovers dont seem to have very much sway at all, SDCC were more than happy to take our money, there's been talk of Shels moving to Tallaght for years now and dont forget how quick the SDCC were to tell Rovers the ground was unavailable in the days before the Madrid game last year.
    Unless Rovers are bonkers or complete amateurs, they'll have a lease for the stadium which will spell out what usage rights they have, and may or may not mention whether such rights are excluisve etc (I suspect not). So let's wait and see if anyone on here knows what that lease says.

As for SDCC doing whatever they want to do with their own stadium outside of the times that its leased to Rovers, that shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone ! Rovers are only tenants, after all, and whilst they'd love to be the only ones using the facility, I suspect they would understand the council's desire to make some money out of it during the other 330 odd days it's not being used by their current tenant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de bowez View Post
    Seems Bohs have gone straight to the SDCC who were happy to take the usual rent and Bohs will have the home dressing rooms etc.
    were rovers not always the away team in Tallaght??

this is a big disadvantage to bohs imo
    Last edited by danthesaint; 19/08/2010 at 7:20 AM.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    From what I've heard Rovers still don't have a proper long term lease on Tallaght stadium and the SDCC have already been guilty of moving the goal posts, so to speak, a few times. It's a concern that gets raised regularly on the Ultra's forum.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    I wouldn't be the least bit worried if another club comes to play their home games in Tallaght. As far as I'm concerned if Shels/Bohs/Pats moved into Tallaght in the morning it would be the death of them. Rovers are well established in Tallaght now, the council own the stadium but it is seen by the wider public in Tallaght as Shamrock Rovers' stadium. We have our office and shop in the stadium which any other club moving in wouldn't have (before anyone points out it's umbro's shop, it's actually leased to SRFC not umbro). The long term plan is to build our own clubhouse within the stadium grounds also. Bohs and Pats recently played the Setanta cup final in Tallaght and their combined attendance in a cup final was less than our average attendance for a run of the mill league game. If one of them wants to come to Tallaght to compete with Rovers bring it on I say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    I wouldn't be the least bit worried if another club comes to play their home games in Tallaght. As far as I'm concerned if Shels/Bohs/Pats moved into Tallaght in the morning it would be the death of them.
    Ya make it sound like Tallaght is a million miles away, most pats fans come from clondalkin, ballyer, drimnagh, crumlin, only up the road from Tallaght, i say will be get the exact same support there.

Rovers are well established in Tallaght now, the council own the stadium but it is seen by the wider public in Tallaght as Shamrock Rovers' stadium.
    thats made me laugh

The long term plan is to build our own clubhouse within the stadium grounds also.
    whos plan SDCC or Rovers?

ya never know if bohs and pats decide to sell our grounds we might have a few quid to buy SDCC ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Unless Rovers are bonkers or complete amateurs, they'll have a lease for the stadium which will spell out what usage rights they have
    You forget the third (and the most important) reason why Rovers wouldn’t have a lease; desperation.

Rovers don’t have a lease. They’ve enquired about it but SDCC realise how strong a position they’re in so don’t feel the need to tie Rovers down. Remember last year when they had to move a league game to Tolka so SDCC could “prepare” for Real Madrid? That wouldn’t have happened if there was a contract.

Of course, its still a good situation for Rovers so they’re not likely to complain too hard. Sure the rent is high but they do get top class facilities and as far as most people are concerned, its absolutely their ground. Even SDCC refer to Rovers as anchor tenants.

I think Bohs board desperation for cash 9and there’s no doubt the game would be a bigger draw in Tallaght than elsewhere) could come back to hanut them when it comes to members renewing next season. While some may deem this as a little thing, symbolism is very important to most fans. They’re effectively rolling over for Rovers. I know one Rovers fan who considered jacking it all in when Rovers played a home game in Cork wearing their away kit (and everything else being an away fixture that day too)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    nobody gets 100 year leases off councils anymore. its something i've practical experience of, and its done to protect both parties.

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by danthesaint View Post
    Ya make it sound like Tallaght is a million miles away, most pats fans come from clondalkin, ballyer, drimnagh, crumlin, only up the road from Tallaght, i say will be get the exact same support there.

thats made me laugh

whos plan SDCC or Rovers?

ya never know if bohs and pats decide to sell our grounds we might have a few quid to buy SDCC ground
    Your fans are notorious bad travellers.Unless McDowells is moved brick by brick to whitestown they wouldn't travel to see pats play second fiddle to Rovers.

Like it or not the Tallaght stadium is known locally as "Shamrock Rovers stadium".Only pats,bohs fans with their childish petty point scoring call it anything else.TBH owning grounds has got ourselves,pats,drogheda,bohs.... into the crap with "the field" mentality never far from the agenda.Rovers new target audience arn't worried about the past or even the future.They only care about the present and where I'm standing thats just fine.

Rovers will have a clubhose in the future.Cant really say when but it will come.

If another LOI club comes to groundshare it would be a disater for them.They will always be the outsiders and the longer Rovers continue in Tallaght alone the more isolated the new team will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Do people get 5 year leases? I'd imagine some do
    ---

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Do people get 5 year leases? I'd imagine some do
    Think Bray got a circa 25 year one for the Carlisle in recent years (to enable them apply for grants).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    they do of course. they're just short term leases though, and serve no real purpose for what rovers want.
    the worst case scenario for rovers would be to get locked into a 100 year lease at say 100k a year, and then for whatever reason the crowds drop, and the council still want their money.
    similarly for the council, why lock in for 100 years at 100k when potentially with a fully finished ground rovers could have 10k crowds paying 15 quid a game, and the council could ask for a bigger chunk.
    all the figures i've mentioned are completely hypothetical though, so please, no nonsense about rovers are only paying this or that, or they could never get 10k at a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    all the figures i've mentioned are completely hypothetical though, so please, no nonsense about rovers are only paying this or that, or they could never get 10k at a game.
    its pretty disheartening that you had to post that (but you probably did). *sigh*
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Leinster have a twenty year lease signed at the RDS......just saying.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You forget the third (and the most important) reason why Rovers wouldn’t have a lease; desperation.

Rovers don’t have a lease. They’ve enquired about it but SDCC realise how strong a position they’re in so don’t feel the need to tie Rovers down. )

Not quite Dodge, the lease SDCC offered Rovers last year was unacceptable to Rovers so we refused to sign it. Both parties have been locked in negotiations ever since with neither side giving in. Bottom line is Rovers won't be signing a lease without certain terms and conditions attached though I believe progress has been made in recent months.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    As for the PA system, is that a novelty? Don't even have a CD player up in Dalyer these days?
    please let the Rovers guy do it. not Buzz, the other one. At the Bohs game last sunday week he roared down at Fenlon 'ya f****ng B****x Fenlon. Ye'll never get a job in Scotland now'! (off mic of course)
    Last edited by Mark; 19/08/2010 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Well done lads, you fell for a carefully orchestrated hoax originating on our closed members forum. And it isn't even April!

TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast