Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterford & District League 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Waterford & District League 2010/11

the premier league got under way tonight, Carrick beat bohs 5-0 goals from wayne fitz 2 alan coady whittle og and eoghan burke gave carrick a comprehensive victory despite the game being nil nil at half time. Carrick had none of their new signings on show as their registrations is still being processed also thomas fitz's was suspeneded and alan ryan is injured.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cufc champions View Post
    the premier league got under way tonight, Carrick beat bohs 5-0 goals from wayne fitz 2 alan coady whittle og and eoghan burke gave carrick a comprehensive victory despite the game being nil nil at half time. Carrick had none of their new signings on show as their registrations is still being processed also thomas fitz's was suspeneded and alan ryan is injured.
    Despite the result Carrick didnt look great but I suppose first game of the season explains that. With the new lads plus injured players returning things should improve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Carrick were poor in the 1st alrite they struggled to cope with bohs 4-5-1 formation they were very negative. Hibs beat Johnvile 2-0 Waterford glass won 1-0 with joey watson being sent off im not quite sure who they were playing doh.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Carrick were poor in the 1st alrite they struggled to cope with bohs 4-5-1 formation they were very negative. Hibs beat Johnvile 2-0 Waterford glass won 1-0 with joey watson being sent off im not quite sure who they were playing doh.
    Glass beat Villa and Tramore won 1 nil away to Dungarvan

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    interesting to see what happens to league fixtures on all-ireland day now that Waterford are out. Killkenny and Tipp based clubs will be a little anxious. surely sense will prevail???. any deise boys know what will happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I think Carrick premier will be alrite as they requested the weekend off due to Keiths wedding altough the 1b abd 2b could well be given fixtures hopefully on the saturday and not the sunday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do the waterford league have any website with fixtures/results etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AB84 View Post
    Do the waterford league have any website with fixtures/results etc?
    no which is an absolute disgrace, they very rarely even update their aertel page, you have to buy the waterford news & star to get results and tables, i think they had a site a few years back but it was closed down for some reason.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Red face

no which is an absolute disgrace, they very rarely even update their aertel page, you have to buy the waterford news & star to get results and tables, i think they had a site a few years back but it was closed down for some reason.
    Yeah. WJL has not yet moved into the technological era. We live in hope.
    Is it because none of the city clubs have been winning anything. On the field of play that is!!
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 20/08/2010 at 9:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    who would ya contact about the fixtures etc?? whos the secretary these days/would he be the man to go to?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fixtures posted to clubs each month. muns express + news and star also have fixtures one month in advance. move to technology badly needed.
    I hear Tramore are packed for new season , anyone have any info

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    carrick could be vulnerable in the league after losing ian clery to clonmel and michael coady to waterford utd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by green&white View Post
    fixtures posted to clubs each month. muns express + news and star also have fixtures one month in advance. move to technology badly needed.
    I hear Tramore are packed for new season , anyone have any info
    Tramore seem to be very strong from what I hear. They played Evergreen in a friendly and won quite easily, 3 nil , I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doushe View Post
    carrick could be vulnerable in the league after losing ian clery to clonmel and michael coady to waterford utd.
    While both are big losses to any junior side they have being replaced with jj butler john Murphy Paul Coady from rock rovers and 4 youths have joined the panel as well mj walsh lee grace eoin wells and anthony grace so from a league perspective they are as stong as ever on a munster and fai run we will wait and see

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    has the waterford magazine also stopped ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Carrick 0 Waterford Crystal 0 A tempestous affair Carrick had Alan Ryan and Brian Barry sent off as well as Sam Walsh sent from the dugout, the ref lost control of the game by his lack of consitency in showing cards, Carrick played for over 30 mins with 9 and never wilted the glass only ever had 1 good chance that went narrowly wide, Crystal will be disapointed as there was def 3 points for the taking with Carrick missing so many players and also having the two sent off, they never passed the ball wide just lumped long ball which was meat and drink to Daffy and Josh, in injury time Wayne Fitzgerald was fouled by the crystal striker who actually suffered a serious injury in the tackle possibly a broken leg!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Carrick 0 Waterford Crystal 0 A tempestous affair Carrick had Alan Ryan and Brian Barry sent off as well as Sam Walsh sent from the dugout, the ref lost control of the game by his lack of consitency in showing cards, Carrick played for over 30 mins with 9 and never wilted the glass only ever had 1 good chance that went narrowly wide, Crystal will be disapointed as there was def 3 points for the taking with Carrick missing so many players and also having the two sent off, they never passed the ball wide just lumped long ball which was meat and drink to Daffy and Josh, in injury time Wayne Fitzgerald was fouled by the crystal striker who actually suffered a serious injury in the tackle possibly a broken leg!

The unfortunate thing about today was that there was no referees assessor present. For the first 15mins he ignored blatant fouling by Glass players and the first Carrick tackle from Alan Coady( a player he also dismissed last season v Ferrybank) got a yellow. From then on his performance went rapidly downhill. It was a joke.
    If this farcical officiating is to continue the league will descend into chaos.
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 22/08/2010 at 1:46 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was at this game and have to say I think the ref did very well (one of the best refs around at the moment). There were a few run of the mill tackles in the first 20mins - then Alan Ryan goes 2 footed over the ball & rightly sent off - bit of niggle then between Brian Barry & crystal player - Barry reacts & sent off
    Ref then barracked for rest of game for every nothing tackle (including 1 goon repeatedly calling him a "bum boy" - I was on opposite sideof pitch & could hear this clearly) - the quickest way for the league to descend into a farce is for this treatment of refs (particularly the good ones) to continue
    Having said all that I'm an admirer of the many great things cufc stand for and would side with them in a lot of their issues particularly in regards to the waterford league (ardagh cup latest farce) but I think yesterday they were rattled by a good referee not being intimidated or bullied by the home team / crowd
    Crystal were very poor by the way - if they were still there now wouldn't have scored - can Tramore challenge this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galla View Post
    Was at this game and have to say I think the ref did very well (one of the best refs around at the moment). There were a few run of the mill tackles in the first 20mins - then Alan Ryan goes 2 footed over the ball & rightly sent off - bit of niggle then between Brian Barry & crystal player - Barry reacts & sent off
    Ref then barracked for rest of game for every nothing tackle (including 1 goon repeatedly calling him a "bum boy" - I was on opposite sideof pitch & could hear this clearly) - the quickest way for the league to descend into a farce is for this treatment of refs (particularly the good ones) to continue
    Having said all that I'm an admirer of the many great things cufc stand for and would side with them in a lot of their issues particularly in regards to the waterford league (ardagh cup latest farce) but I think yesterday they were rattled by a good referee not being intimidated or bullied by the home team / crowd
    Crystal were very poor by the way - if they were still there now wouldn't have scored - can Tramore challenge this year?
    I wouldn't question the sendings off at all but the rest of his decisions were very poor how was Conor Fell not sent off or even Cogs up front i was also there and while the ref shipped a bit of flak i didnt hear anyone call him a bum boy and i was on the half way line at the carrick side, this ref also was in charge of Carrick and tramore at the start of last season another big game he completly lost control of and nearly descended into chaos after a carrick player was assalted

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast