Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterford & District League 2010/11

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How a game progresses is usually down to how the referee performs from the outset, how the deals with tackles, how consistent he is. how he enforces the rules of the game, how he connects with his assistants etc. By not punishing early tackles by Crystal players (those on the opposite side of pitch would not have seen these offences) and then cautioning a Carrick player for a lesser offence after 15mins therefore set the tone for this encounter. What ensued was therefore hardly surprising, given the history of this meeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Saviours 3 hibs 2 also Johnville beat bohs despite bohs asking for fixture off because they had one of their nets stolen, best excuse ever to get a game off!!!!

Carrick away to dungarvan on wednesday night squad is very depleted minge breeno fizzy all suspended aswell as sconnie on holidays, Landers has hurling commitments E.Burke and a few youths are also going to a debs could be a real tough fixture for them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes, tough one tonight for the Hoops with the amount of players out. Any word of new signings? Given the amount of players lost for one reason or another it is a tough opening to the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Bell View Post
    Any word of new signings? .
    They are all still suspeneded the tsdl suspensions carry over to the wdl also JJ Butler was hit with a fine for signing for 3 clubs before the season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cufc champions View Post
    They are all still suspeneded the tsdl suspensions carry over to the wdl also JJ Butler was hit with a fine for signing for 3 clubs before the season.

Some preformance by almost the carrick youth team in the premier league fixture in Dungarvan tonight, they won 2-1 with just four to five regulars.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    who scored the carrick goals last night. any other midweek results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    its great to see!!!! missing sconnie wayne fizzy minge breeno nipper burkey it was a great performance lee grace is turning out to be a fine footballer the underage system is bearing fruit,goals from alan coady and bobby Landers sealed the win the likes of mikey ryan should be on premier squad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You must of been the one shouting it so, cause i was on the carrick side i not involved in any of the clubs but love going to carrick crystal games because they have everthing it them with nothing between sides ,best 2 teams in waterford league but i clearly heard someone continously shouting it ,even the lineman on that side took some abuse from home supporters

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Results week ending August 29th

Bohs 5 St.Saviours 3
    Tramore 2 Johnville 2
    Villa 0 Hibs 0
    Carrick Utd. 1 Ferrybank 1

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    scorers in carrick game were a landers og and glen keane equaliser. crystal beat dungarvan 5 0 and are now top of league on 10 pts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why have Carrick fielded very weak sides thus far this season, yes lots of players suspended but where are the rest are they losing interest up there?. Have seen a few games in the league so far this season and the standard is poor Dungarvan in particular looked doomed. Hopefully a more even title race will make up for the lack of quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    between suspensions injuries hurling commimtments tsdl suspensions they have being unable to field their strongest 11 i believe over the next 2 -3 games most if not all players will be back.

Any word on commitee meeting about evening games???? the light is getting worse especialy for 6.45 ko but with the good weather predicted for the week light might not be asbad and they might leave it for a week or so

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ck won 1 nil in hibs tonight. tough game for both , but Ck probably deserved it . hibs have improved and should not be in any bother. Ck seem to be getting back to full strenght and I can see Tramore , Crystal and
    Carrick being there at the seasons end. (same old, same old). tramore won 3 2 in Saviours and Crystal won tonight

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green&white View Post
    Ck won 1 nil in hibs tonight. tough game for both , but Ck probably deserved it . hibs have improved and should not be in any bother. Ck seem to be getting back to full strenght and I can see Tramore , Crystal and
    Carrick being there at the seasons end. (same old, same old). tramore won 3 2 in Saviours and Crystal won tonight
    Ye Carrick just about deserved the win, quality goal as well. Could have had a few more after Hibs were reduced to 10 players. But lads the referee !! - shocking. Nice crowd as well. Have seen Carrick twice this season they seem to be at half tilt and still no one can beat them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    have my doubts about crystal lasting the pace in the league, i saw them playing carrick last sun week and wasn't that impressed with them. carrick had 9 men for the last 40 mins and apart from 1 half chance crystal struggled to break carrick down. I d agree that tramore should be in contention alright for the league.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes , a very much improved Hibs last night from last season. Carrick getting back to full strength. What were the other results from last pm? I know Dungarvan beat Bohs.
    Please dont get me going on those referees!! But no matter what last night's ref at Hibs did, it would not be possible to reach the depths of the Carrick v Crystal match official.
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 02/09/2010 at 8:14 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard from a mate of mine the carrick mob on the line were at it again in hibs last night
    moaning and shouting abuse again ,something will have to be done otherwise im hearing refs wont do carrick games if it keeps up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the carrick mob!!! who would the carrick mob be??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soft seats View Post
    heard from a mate of mine the carrick mob on the line were at it again in hibs last night
    moaning and shouting abuse again ,something will have to be done otherwise im hearing refs wont do carrick games if it keeps up.

Did your mate tell you about the Hibs players shouting at the ref to yellow card Carrick players?
    Regarding the shouting . The Hibs bench and Carrick SUPPORTERS were voiceiferous throughout the ninety minutes. But surely referees who aspire to officiate at this and higher levels can put up with ,what I assure you, was very mild.
    I was at the game and witnessed Carrick fans interacting amicably with the official.
    Last edited by Mission Bell; 03/09/2010 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    that hibs player should be banned for life from the waterford league thats 3 red cards in a row versus carrick all for violent assults he was ran out of tramore after the last one and hibs should now do the same an absoulte disgrace, he gave jip to the crowd the crowd gave it back also re refs shouting for a descision is different from abuse most refs get on fine with carrick but bad decisions will be questioned even if they are right

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast