Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LOI fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    My first game was in 1977 v Hajuk Split, hooked since, went on to watch Dundalk play a further 12 european games (1 away) & 6 cup finals (won 5), I just did a mental count on these !

Nowadays with a young family I tend to get to 2 out of every 3 home games*, rarely go to an away game, the UCD match in May was my first in 5 years I think.

* exceptions being seasons 2003 & 2004 under Trevor Anderson (came 3rd last and 2nd last respectively in the FD, just couldnt face it)
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Almost 20 years ...
    First game was opening game in the RDS. Went on and off for a few months whenever I could. Saw Rovers beat Cork City 4-0 on New Years day with Barry OConnor and Derek Swan scoring two each. Hooked since that day. In early years of Sunday football used to get to most of our games in Dublin and around the country but rarely get to any games outside Dublin now. Have been season ticket holder for over 10 years now and member since 400c started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Mid 70s and the glory days of Eoin Hand and The Markets Field, thats me. Leagues and Cups abound and great European adventures.Then the moved to Hogan Park and i stayed away for a few years(cause me car kept gettin brokin into!what a kip it was).Been to every home Game since the moved to Jackman and brought my kid along who never misses a game and hopefully we could be heading back to the Markets Field in the near future and maybe even Premier Football!
    Great thread BTW ,love the stories. really nostalgic.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Mid 90s, some League Cup game against the Blahs at the Cross and we battered them 5-0....been going to pretty much every home game since bar a season and a half in college when I had to get a job that made me work Friday nights

Now, I go to every home game in every competition and try to make at least 1 away a season. I've already been up to Limerick and hope to add it again in a couple of weeks and to Wexford on the last day of the season....HOPE to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234