Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs in financial trouble - FAI Licencing called into question again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Sure I suppose in the worst case scenario, if they can't pay their way they can always regroup in the first division a la Cork and Derry anyways.
    Seemed to work out okay for both of them. All you have to do if you're a fan is close your eyes and believe its still the same club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Sure I suppose in the worst case scenario, if they can't pay their way they can always regroup in the first division a la Cork and Derry anyways.
    Seemed to work out okay for both of them. All you have to do if you're a fan is close your eyes and believe its still the same club.
    But the difference with Cork was the fans had no previous control. Bohs fans have been in control and have stood over all this that has happened. How many board members have they been through at this stage from their ranks. If there's only 1,400 regular fans, would they really have enough qualified and capable members left after a purge to run the club on a sound basis?

It does now seem (going by GypoWeb at least) that most Bohs fans have given up the idea of just winning the league/setanta/euro progress to get by and are now in survival mode as dodge said. That's to be commended, but perhaps if they did that last year and regrouped ala Pats instead of getting Johnny Logan to try keep the show on the road for one more crack at it, they might be in a better state.

3. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Cork and Derry didn't own their grounds. So there is a difference there in that a First Division Bohs either sell Dalymount to cover their debts and end up homeless, ot they stay in Dalymount, run out of cash to meet loan repayments and get wound up. They'd be actually even worse off than Shels, who at least have sold their ground and, it seems, paid off many of their debts. They're now mid-table in their fourth year in the graveyard and going backwards (in terms of finishing positions anyway - second place, just 30 seconds away from the title, second place, losing the title two games out and beaten in the play-off semi, and now 5th)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    But the difference with Cork was the fans had no previous control. Bohs fans have been in control and have stood over all this that has happened. How many board members have they been through at this stage from their ranks. If there's only 1,400 regular fans, would they really have enough qualified and capable members left after a purge to run the club on a sound basis?

It does now seem (going by GypoWeb at least) that most Bohs fans have given up the idea of just winning the league/setanta/euro progress to get by and are now in survival mode as dodge said. That's to be commended, but perhaps if they did that last year and regrouped ala Pats instead of getting Johnny Logan to try keep the show on the road for one more crack at it, they might be in a better state.
    They (and every other club) need a qualified, full time off-the-field management team. It'd be of more benefit to the club than paying an extra bench-warming striker and journeyman full back in the long run.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    So if Bohs are well under the 65% rule, what is it that they are spending the money on?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    So if Bohs are well under the 65% rule, what is it that they are spending the money on?
    Barmen and groundsmen?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    They (and every other club) need a qualified, full time off-the-field management team. It'd be of more benefit to the club than paying an extra bench-warming striker and journeyman full back in the long run.
    Blinkhorn and Boco??
    Ouch.
    I take your point though Peadar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    You saw my post above about buying back and re-selling the same part of their ground?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    You saw my post above about buying back and re-selling the same part of their ground?
    care to prove that or are you just WUMMING ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    There was a thread on here about it a while back. I'll have a look see if I can dig it up.

Edit - here we go. schumi straight after gives a good possible summation. I'm not saying that it's what happened, but it'd certainly allow for Bohs to be under the SCP but yet screwed for cash.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 13/08/2010 at 1:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    There was a thread on here about it a while back. I'll have a look see if I can dig it up.
    http://foot.ie/threads/130064-Bohs-S...=1#post1298468
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Blinkhorn and Boco??
    Ouch.
    I take your point though Peadar.
    I wasn't talking about any player or club in particular, but now you mention it...

And on the clubs circumventing the 65% rule, wasn't there some post on here a while back saying that, say, Bohs could buy a carpet from Des Kelly for 10 million quid, and then Des Kelly sponsor them for, say 10,100,000 (I don't know how much the sponsorship deal is actually worth!). No more money has actually changed hands, but Bohs have an extra 10 million income to play with when the 65% is being calculated*

*I'm not making any accusations here, just saying how the cap could be beaten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    There's a similar thing to that shortly after in the same thread above, where the possibility of Bohs renting DCU for their underage team for - say - E100k and receiving E90k back in sponsorship for the teams was mooted. That'd also help boost the SCP level while not helping cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    selling an OPTION to purchase same as selling "the same part of the ground" ? Know where not to look for an accountant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    And on the clubs circumventing the 65% rule, wasn't there some post on here a while back saying that, say, Bohs could buy a carpet from Des Kelly for 10 million quid, and then Des Kelly sponsor them for, say 10,100,000 (I don't know how much the sponsorship deal is actually worth!). No more money has actually changed hands, but Bohs have an extra 10 million income to play with when the 65% is being calculated*

*I'm not making any accusations here, just saying how the cap could be beaten
    See the link just above. I don't think it was ever clarified whether that would work but I can't be bothered reading through a 23 page thread to check!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    selling an OPTION to purchase same as selling "the same part of the ground" ? Know where not to look for an accountant
    That's just a technicality. The deal perfectly answers the question of how Bohs could meet the SCP while being screwed for cash. That was the question asked. I've not said that it's what's happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    back payments to revenue? Loan repayments? I'd imagine there are a fair few large outgoings possible
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post

whats another year .i ll get my coat
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    That's just a technicality. The deal perfectly answers the question of how Bohs could meet the SCP while being screwed for cash. That was the question asked. I've not said that it's what's happened.
    As we are not in breach of the SCP the issue has no relevance (apart from regurgitated claims by various shams and assosiates). long way from just a technical difference but no point as its irrelevant to the topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    It's utterly central to the question that was asked.

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast