dats good for the league neway
    looking forward to the morning johnny g
    may the best team win

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was a joke pulling the AUL team-they came second in 1B last year and were pulled.all but 2 players still with club-rest left.think reason behind it was that senior team struggled with numbers and wanted some of the MJL players to play senior- a few of them more than capable but don't want to play senior.then any MJL players who went up to play senior could be back filled by AUL players but this never happened.
    playing carrigaline tomorrow- will be tough game-they are always hard to beat.if wind tomorrow is anything like it was today then it'll ruin game because pitch is up so it'll be like playin in a hurricane!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Blarney 4-0 cobh Wanderers
    good result for blarney team starting to click

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    mayfield beat carrigaline 2-1 today.missed a few good chances and went 1-0 up.mayfield keeper made unreal save to keep it 1-0 but carrig scored on stroke of half time.in second half carrigs left wing was sent off for stupidly raising his hands-cost them a point i think. changed game.they sat back and tried to catch us on break. looked like it was heading for draw but great run by centre mid before setting up striker.also missed a peno late on- great save by keeper but a win is a win

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufc2010 View Post
    Blarney 4-0 cobh Wanderers
    good result for blarney team starting to click
    dont know what happened us today,we were brilliant last week and just didnt show up today.That no 6 was fairly handy couldnt seem to get anywhere near him and most things seemed to go through him.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny g View Post
    dont know what happened us today,we were brilliant last week and just didnt show up today.That no 6 was fairly handy couldnt seem to get anywhere near him and most things seemed to go through him.
    ye were poor in fairness but every team has there off days,
    weve upped the ante in training the last 2 weeks n are starting to really let rip at anyone who makes a mistake on the pitch and i think it payed off yesterday
    was no 6 the baldy guy?
    im nearly sure it was,that was danny corkery.tidy player in fairness.
    and had a great game yesterday as most of our team did tho

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    cobh against ucc this weekend again only 2 weeks after playing them
    is it not an unfair advantage to be playin ucc twice this early in the season considering they are only back training a couple of weeks??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Just looked at the table there, Douglas Hall look strong and are getting good results.Corinthians and Rockmount will be there abouts too..league getting interesting now, with Mayfield picking up a few wins too..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I have seen Mayfield, Ringmahon, Rockmount, Douglas Hall & Midleton and I think Douglas Hall should take the league this year (only based on what I saw so far). Good football team and good squad. Mayfield will take points but prob not win it and Rockmount will always be knocking. I was impressed with Midleton but not enough up front I think. Didnt see Corinthians though. Decent league this year and it will be close. Rockmount Senior and D. Hall Junior is my prediction for the season. Only time will tell I suppose.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    would have to agree with you sparky
    iv seen everton,cobh,glasheen,corinthians,mayfield,ringmah on,carragaline and douglas hall
    without a shadow of a doubt douglas are head n shoulders above every1 else,great footballing side
    rockmount are always gna be up there challenging them and although i havent played them yet this year what i hear is its not as strong as last seasons squad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufc2010 View Post
    cobh against ucc this weekend again only 2 weeks after playing them
    is it not an unfair advantage to be playin ucc twice this early in the season considering they are only back training a couple of weeks??
    not if we play like we did last sunday

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    mayfield beat everfton away today in MJ cup.2-2 after full time and extra time.won on spotters.everton will be kicking themselves-wasted numerous chances to kill game but they didn;t.could have been at least 8-2 to them but i'm not complaining. we were missing 3 players today and it showed. and we had to make a change early on but happy with win and in the next round away to Everton United. we have played more games in everton park this season than out own pitch!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    got beaten 4-1 by the hall tonight,same story went one up and playin very well untill bout 60mins and gave away 2 very soft goals from corners.then the ref kicked in and disallowed our equaliser for "offside" when even douglas player admitted he was on.then he gave a pen against us for imagiary holding in the box,a joke.he seemed to loose control of the game for bout 10 mins after that as the tackles started to fly and as we pushed on got caught out with a sucker punch but in fairness to douglas they finished there chances well.goin to be a long season i think.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Oscar Traynor Trophy : TSDL 1 - 0 MSL

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Blarney 4 Ringmahon 2
    2 goals each from ryan corbett and damien ronan finished this game
    sloppy defending left ringmahon in for there first and a peno for there second
    from 3rd spot to 11th there is only 6 points of a difference
    certainly a very mixed bag of results in the league this year
    still lots of games to play though
    surprising to see carrigaline down the bottom

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    mayfield beat cobh 4-0 away this morning.0-0 at half time but converted our chances in second half.unreal first goal-chris scored from about 40 yards in off post-keeper had no chance.penalty and 2 tap ins later on. good to get clean sheet but due to injuries and players away have to change the back 4 each week is unsettling.hopefully we'll have the same back 4 for awhile so they get used to playing with each other.
    can't see past hall for league
    Last edited by mayfieldman; 22/11/2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Unsubstantiated Allegation

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    would have to agree with you there we should of put away at least 1 wen we were ontop in the first half but ye came out and up it in the second and we just couldnt match it.ye could of had a few more aswell.douglas are def the strongest we have played so far but they were in this position last year for most of the season and threw it away with 2 or 3 games to go.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I was talking to the old manager of Mayfield Juniors recently. He said that ye are not the force ye once were. I know ye lost a few good players over last year or so. Do ye have realistic hopes of challenging for the league?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    has anyone played midleton??
    we have them friday night
    they have only 4 games played in league,very strange

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we did lose some very good players and loads of experience- 5 first teamers- right back (captain),centre back and 3 centre midfielders.won't agree with old manager- we did lose very good players but signed some good young ones too.last year we played well at start but then had few poor results and interest dropped and we finished up season with barely 11 players at games- old manager even played right back against everton away and he's about 50!!!when we had full team we beat hall at home , unlucky to lose away to them- our keeper was sent off after 10 min for handling outside box and they score with about 10 min left and we had a few chances.against rockmount we drew 0-0 at their place and they beat us 2-1 at our place in practically a hurricane-we missed peno in first 2 min and they scored a deflected free kick -i think we deserved to draw if not win but have to hand to them-thats how u win leagues by winning games that u don't really deserve to.
    not sure about the league though- might be a step too far.our first 11 would be a match for anyone.we have a good squad but if we miss 1 or 2 players in key positions then we'll struggle.have had loads of injuries this year and only played full strenght team in 2 away games- won 7-1 in mahon and 4-0 in cobh.if we win next few games the interest keeps up hopefully we'll be in with a shout but with the results the hall are gettin looks like it could be done and dusted already

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast