Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufc2010 View Post
    just my opinion guys ye dont have to agree
    i no plenty of fella's playin AUL that go out drinkin the night before games and that are not to bothered
    they just want a game of ball and thats that
    at the same time i imagine there are a lot of dedicated fella's playin aswell
    i havent just picked this out of the sky,this is from my personal experience
    everyones entitled to there opinion and thats mine lads
    Just as a matter of interest how many fellas do you know "Bufc" that go drinking the night before matches 6/7 players more?? out of nearly 100 teams that have probably avg 16 to 18 players on there panel thats narrow minded opinion about the AUL teams considering most of the teams in yer leagues started there..... and on another note i ve seen a lot of fellas that have played and still play out of there MIND the night before a match and turn up and play a senior game and thats not my opinion thats a fact
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    i think your backtracking now the cork aul team has beaten the munstersenior league junior team a few times in the last few years,i think the top teams in the aul would hold there own in senior premier league
    yes bar the top division in the AUL,i believe thats the attitude of players.
    IT was there top division that beat effectively the MSL's second team players
    and can you really base your argument on a 1 off game?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    BUFC who is your club anyway? I've played with both the AUL Oscar Traynor and the Michael Ward team, the Senior equivalent. I have to be honest the only reason I played with the Michael Ward team was lots of the superstars of the MSL couldn't be bothered playing. Now BUFC I know that the AUL players would give their left arm to play on the Oscar Traynor, proud to represent the AUL. But a few years back we went to Donegal with the MSL and were lucky to field a team, a complete disgrace, even the hosts, the Ulster Senior league mentioned in their speech afterwards that they were dissapointed with the lack of MSL players.
    We had 2 games one Sat & Sun. We had 2 sets of gear. We played Sat but when we opened the gear for Sun it was stinking. Not washed since the year before, can you believe that. No warm up tops or anything.
    I played Michael Ward only a few years back but played Oscar Traynor years ago, the AUL way back then were much better set up than the MSL a few years ago.
    What do you think of that BUFC? This from a club who have the view point from both leagues and the only club in history to have premier teams in both the AUL and MSL at the same time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    He's from Blarney United.
    Blarney indeed - he's full of it

Ye lot are in from the AUL a wet week and are now looking down yer noses at us
    Makes me laugh

Not a lot of medals out Blarney way recently.
    Maybe ye'd be better off having that sip pre game.

On a slightly similar note Steve McManamin wrote in his book that the great Zinedine Zidane used to have a glass of white wine with his pre-match meals.
    But he probably wasn't in Cubins all night before a sunday morning kickoff haha
    Last edited by Shilts; 25/02/2011 at 1:22 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    BUFC you make yourself look like a clown with a comment like that. Wasn't really an informed opinion. You should read your own posts before you put them up maybe you will see how stupid that comment was.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i have single handedly created more posts in this thread the last week than there has been all year
    i retract my comments so people
    relax

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    i have single handedly created more posts in this thread the last week than there has been all year
    i retract my comments so people
    relax
    ha ha!! what are your'e political views!!!
    good to see a bit of life in this thread again!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    ha ha!! what are your'e political views!!!
    good to see a bit of life in this thread again!!
    mick barry for taoiseach haha
    amazing what a controversial comment can start
    it is good to see this thread hopping though

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    BUFC you definetily got this thread buzzing kid. Ruffled a few feathers in the AUL. Surprised by your comment seeing as Blarney are steeped in AUL history, ye've only gone MSL a few years.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    at last the thread has a bit of life to it
    good man bufc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    BUFC you definetily got this thread buzzing kid. Ruffled a few feathers in the AUL. Surprised by your comment seeing as Blarney are steeped in AUL history, ye've only gone MSL a few years.
    i dont represent d club man,
    i jus hav my own opinion
    happy that feathers have been ruffeld though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    and since this is a junior thread should it not be in the junior section??????? or would that be beneath ye!
    miaow !!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    BUFC you've upset a lot of people now HaHa. A bit small minded to tar everyone with the one brush. I've played 9 years Senior and 7 years AUL with Castleview so I've a good feel for both. The set up of teams vary from club to club but also season to season. When teams are doing well they usually have a better set up. I agree some AUL teams may not be set up very well but I could name a few junior & Senior MSL teams who can hardly field teams.
    I have been dealing with both League Committees for many years now and if the MSL would only take the 'AUL attitude' it'd run much better. AUL Committee are a much more professional outfit.
    Case in point take Central Rovers, some of you probably mightn't have heard of them, old AUL team. They had a good team in the 80's. With their good old 'AUL attitude' they produced one of the most successful MSL managers ever, Billy Cronin. One of the league of Irelands most gifted players, Patsy Freyne. And one of the top referees in the country, Aidan O Reagan. All this with the good old 'AUL attitude'.
    I've come accross this attitude alot over the years and I just laugh at it now. Doesn't bother me but you've upset a few on the AUL thread.
    Add Bertie Cullinane, Jamsey Corcoran and Decky (Rockmount) and you have people who have given a lifetime to both lges.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    Add Bertie Cullinane, Jamsey Corcoran and Decky (Rockmount) and you have people who have given a lifetime to both lges.
    Ya you're right glenbuck just couldn't name everyone. As you say we've loads and the others you've named. Decky Courtney you're on about. We thought ye're manager well, Billy was a Castleview player in the 80's haha.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    beat midelton 2-1 away this morning.only had 11 fit players and 1 injured on bench cos had a number away and a few injured. a few of the lads who started weren't 100% fit.started well but ended up going 1 down for poor tackle that lead to a penalty which they scored. went in 1-1 after killian scored a rocket. second half was even enough but killian popped up with a goal in last 2 mins to seal win.great win

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Munster Junior Cup 5th round results.

College Corinthians (Cork) 2, Clonmel Town 1.
    St. Michaels (Tipperary) 2, Douglas Hall (Cork) 0.

What a great win for Corinthians. Carrick in the next round who beat kinsale

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy7 View Post
    i think your backtracking now the cork aul team has beaten the munstersenior league junior team a few times in the last few years,i think the top teams in the aul would hold there own in senior premier league
    I played AUL for 3 years and ten years MSL. I respect the AUL but no way would the top teams in the AUL hold their own in the Senior Premier League. Relegation for sure but would not necessarily get hammered but they would be beaten alot. The AUL Premier is equivilant to mid-top of MSL 1st division.

18. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Munster Junior Cup 5th round results.

College Corinthians (Cork) 2, Clonmel Town 1.
    St. Michaels (Tipperary) 2, Douglas Hall (Cork) 0.

What a great win for Corinthians. Carrick in the next round who beat kinsale
    I must admit the only team of would of given a slight chance of getting a result in those two games would have been Douglas Hall. Great result for Corinthians and the MSL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Couldnt believe they Corinthians result when i saw it, massive shock. Bookies had clonmel town at a very short price for that match apparently. Brilliant result for Corinthians who have a home tie vs Carrick, which i wouldnt be surprised if they caused them a problem or two as well!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that is called giant killing. I played junior in Limerick a good few years back and I assume the same complacency still exists for these big teams when coming down to cork in cup competitions.

Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast