Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1691

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    AUL 5( missed 3 penos) MSL 2

I'll leave off my match report till tomorrow so I'm in a better frame of mind, I honestly wouldn't know where to start tonite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post

I'll leave off my match report till tomorrow so I'm in a better frame of mind, I honestly wouldn't know where to start tonite
    littleman poor man did ok (ish) in the 2nd half my god it that a full strenght MJL TEAM !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    totally out classed man for man ,the keeper is the only 1 that can actually hold his head up high but you cannot solely blame the players because after getting an early scare after about 2 mins with the AUL running at them with pace and fluency and then getting away with the peno miss , Tommy and Co decided to continue with 3 at the back and the AUL just carved them open time and time again with some serious passing both short and long !!! how he didn't change this is beyond be-leave and at least if your going to go with this formation the players should at least know what they have to do with regards when the opposition has the ball etc

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Biggest problem with this competition is that the Msl don't care about it and put very little effort into it, by that I mean the league itself and not players. Very little training sessions or proper perpetration go into it, to be honest I think the league see this competition as a hindrance to them, players usually find this squad harder to get off than on ! Major re think is needed from top to bottom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

The truth, the whole truth an nothing but the truth

Ur right Moonman an ur also right Superkeeper but I just want to keep this in context.

Iv been apart of an AUL team that actually won the Oscar Traynor Trophy so I think I'm qualified in saying that if it is taken seriously by all that winning it is acheiveable but if not well tonite happens .

One team looked tonite as if they had put time an effort into gelling as a team, working in set peices, learning about the opposition, an one looked as if they met at 6:15 for the first time.

Roy Keane famously said an I quote " fail to prepare, prepare to fail ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,, an never was that more evident than tonite.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

One team looked tonite as if they had put time an effort into gelling as a team, working in set peices, learning about the opposition, an one looked as if they met at 6:15 for the first time.

The AUL met at 6:15. I passed Turners Cross going too Douglas at 6:40 too see 2 MSL players strolling towards the cross with gear bags and Tommy's car parked in the bus stop only been unloaded at this stage.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think the big difference is systems on how players are picked is the problem. I mean Donal goes to games to scout players for months on end and MSL committee ring up a club and say can you send down a few lads who might be interested. I mean come off it's not a game of ball amongst friends this is a fairly prestigious competition to win. Maybe the MSL know they won't win it but if this system doesn't change save us the bother and not enter at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Billy Lyons just about hit the nail on the head tonite in his write up if anyone wants a match report,if anything he was a little kind.

Iv a game this weekend in the Fai and Im just happy my players came through last nights debacle with out injuring anything other than their pride .

Why even enter !
    Last edited by littleman; 31/10/2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at the game it was like a pro team vs a pub team. Old school guys on here may not agree but the AUL guys had a decent kid all wore the same gear, the MSL team had a mix of about 10 kits, small detail but just a little example of effort thats put in from both leagues. Fail to prepare...

Although AUL were very well organised etc its not the best AUL team you will ever see but Tommy made it very easy for them. Fair enough the league dont support the team either but all people in the stand around me were asking was, what system was Tommy playing. They did train together a number of times but by looks of it team wasnt picked based on who trained and most fellas on the pitch hadnt a clue what they were doing. Surely play a simple 4 4 2 a system every player knows how to play regardless. Think he had some sort of 3 - 3 -1 -3. Anyway l am not on here to slate the management i think its obvious the MSL dont offer any support and the teams in the league nominate the players, the manager of this team needs to know the league and allowed pick the best players. Tommy has proven he is up to it, he is a v good manager backed up by all his recent success with Douglas Hall but is he supposed to put his whole weekend into watchin guys in the league when his superiors in the league dont offer any support?

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next game....
    Last edited by Bodie; 01/11/2013 at 7:45 AM. Reason: Hit ok by accident!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Note for next year. Give the job to someone who isnt involved in a club team. This will ensure he has no excuse for not going to watch players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    The keeper for the Mjl team who had a great game actually called one of his own players by number in the first half ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    Was at the game it was like a pro team vs a pub team. Old school guys on here may not agree but the AUL guys had a decent kid all wore the same gear, the MSL team had a mix of about 10 kits, small detail but just a little example of effort thats put in from both leagues. Fail to prepare...

Although AUL were very well organised etc its not the best AUL team you will ever see but Tommy made it very easy for them. Fair enough the league dont support the team either but all people in the stand around me were asking was, what system was Tommy playing. They did train together a number of times but by looks of it team wasnt picked based on who trained and most fellas on the pitch hadnt a clue what they were doing. Surely play a simple 4 4 2 a system every player knows how to play regardless. Think he had some sort of 3 - 3 -1 -3. Anyway l am not on here to slate the management i think its obvious the MSL dont offer any support and the teams in the league nominate the players, the manager of this team needs to know the league and allowed pick the best players. Tommy has proven he is up to it, he is a v good manager backed up by all his recent success with Douglas Hall but is he supposed to put his whole weekend into watchin guys in the league when his superiors in the league dont offer any support?

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next game....
    great post.big up to the aul after a tough few weeks.
    Last edited by 1fortheTeam; 01/11/2013 at 1:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Fai 3 rd round
    Mayfield 7 fox an hounds 2

Any other results lads

I heard Ringmahon lost to UCC shipping league team an the halls 2 nd MSL junior side hammered Killumney ,,,, this all true
    Last edited by littleman; 02/11/2013 at 8:03 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Fai 3 rd round
    Mayfield 7 fox an hounds 2

Any other results lads

I heard Ringmahon lost to UCC shipping league team an the halls 2 nd MSL junior side hammered Killumney ,,,, this all true
    Yup 2-0 & 3-0

Thats the halls 4th adult team if you count senior.
    Fox's beat mallow 4-2 not so long ago I thought they would be handy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    We were 3 up in side the 1st 30 mins, actually conceeded 2 in I'd say as many mins just before half time to go in 3/2, in fairness to the Fox and Hounds they played ball an kept plugin away , great bunch of lads an not a dirty tackle in the game,we were just well up for it on the night an all the big players played big games so maybe conceding the 2 goals was a wake up call an the 2 nd half we were top class. Jamie got a hat trick when he eventually got to play up front an Tommy Kelly got the pick of the nights goals with the last one. Seem to have re discovered our scoring boots just in time for the big games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Yeah the a team lost two one. Absolutely shocking in first half. Took control in second half but just couldn't score
    The b team lost to Douglas hall first team in quarter final of league cup this morning.4-0. Not a great weekend
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    So we know it's
    Q-Finals:

1. Ringmahon Rgs B 0 v Douglas Hall 4
    2. Wilton Utd / Everton Utd v Mayfield Utd
    3. College Cors v Carrigaline Utd B
    4. Ringmahon Rgs A 5 v Douglas Hall Ath 3

Semi-Finals:

3 v Douglas Hall A
    Ringmahon Rgs A v 2

You must be confident of making the final littleman ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Not at all sparks, there's the little matter of a game away to either Everton b or Wilton to get over first . Neither of those sides would be an easy game away in fairness.

Cups will always throw up funny results but for the most part Ringmahon are one of the top 2 or 3 sides in the league along with Corinthians an Douglas. They may lose 1 or 2 games but the will win a lot more. I'd say either Ringmahon side wouldn't be too upset loosing a cup game as opposed to 3 points so I'd expect a big reaction from both next week, unfortunately we will have Ringmahon B up in Mayfield looking to bounce back, the joys another tough game in prospect for us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Not at all sparks, there's the little matter of a game away to either Everton b or Wilton to get over first . Neither of those sides would be an easy game away in fairness.

Cups will always throw up funny results but for the most part Ringmahon are one of the top 2 or 3 sides in the league along with Corinthians an Douglas. They may lose 1 or 2 games but the will win a lot more. I'd say either Ringmahon side wouldn't be too upset loosing a cup game as opposed to 3 points so I'd expect a big reaction from both next week, unfortunately we will have Ringmahon B up in Mayfield looking to bounce back, the joys another tough game in prospect for us.
    Ya but a game against either of 2 mid table first division sides is a handy draw considering ye beat the Everton 1st team already?

Well at least a Semi V Ringmahon who ye are more then a match for going by this seasons earlyier result?

Also why did UCC get 3 points taking off them V Rockmount?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Sparks it would be wrong of me to presume we will beat our opponents in the quaters , either team will put it up to us , that's guarrenteed . Ya get noting easy up in Everton park an I know nothing of Wilton so the prospect of playing either away will be tricky.

Plenty before me have fallen thinking that the next game was a formality . Il not be that stuipid.

With regards to any team being docked points it can be only 1 of 2 reasons, they played an unregistered player or played more than their allowance of 2 seniors, no matter what I'm happy the MSL are keeping an eye on that kind of thing more .

This is the junior league , it's not let's babysit a few seniors league. The idea is we develope young players an teams an they move up to senior , what's the point in playing 2 seniors one week an getting a good result when the next week you play none an u have a poor result, you gain nothing in the long run an in the short term all you develope is a tendency to depend on players that arnt yours.

With regards to the league cup, if the finals on the 29th, the semis I presume week 21/22/23,,,,,,, the outstanding quater between Everton/Wilton v us would have to be the weekend of the 14th,,,,,,,, but Wilton have a league game that weekend ,,,,,,,,,, is anyone seeing a problem here
    Last edited by littleman; 03/11/2013 at 5:14 PM.

Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast