41 Posts
    Bang on razor .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So basically what we're saying here is that nobody knows the exact rules and everyone is surmising / stirring.
    Don't go making any assumptions lads, get the facts right and if someone has a link to the actual rules please post them.
    I agree also but the problem for clubs is I dont't think the league know the rule either they have confused it so much. Douglas hall would know most they fell foul to it.
    Don't judge a book by its cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    All any one has to do if in doubt is contact the league before a player is used an seek clarification prior to kicking a ball . As we did yesterday . Know body is hiding anything .

The league has been very vigilant in keeping tabs on things this season an have always stated that if you are unclear just ring and seek clarification rather than make a mistake . Top class approach .

I don't think it's fair to be casting aspersions on clubs or players on here based on what a lad thinks are the rules .

Iv read the rule book back to front up an down an I still would be not 100% . The rules can be misinterpreted depending on what you want to see . Hence seeking clarification from the league . I hope this clarifies the situation for you Footballmad .

This forum by the way borders on the ridiculous . Not one post all week an between yesterday morning an last night the bones of 20 .

The pressure must be on lads if ye are grasping at straws !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Flick has played senior games for corinthians in the league and to the best of my knowledge he played against wilton in the donie forde last week

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the hawk View Post
    Flick has played senior games for corinthians in the league and to the best of my knowledge he played against wilton in the donie forde last week
    If he did play Donie Forde last week then he is surely ineligible to play anymore Junior Cup games? even though it is a different comp and he is a registered junior player who has played over 5 senior games.Is it not the case that if a player regardless of whether he is registered senior/junior, once he plays 5 senior games, he becomes a senior player. And as senior players can only play 5 junior games MAX he would therefore be ineligible? and does that also mean they could be in trouble if he has played any league games with Cors over the last few weeks?watch this space i suppose...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    If he did play Donie Forde last week then he is surely ineligible to play anymore Junior Cup games? even though it is a different comp and he is a registered junior player who has played over 5 senior games.Is it not the case that if a player regardless of whether he is registered senior/junior, once he plays 5 senior games, he becomes a senior player. And as senior players can only play 5 junior games MAX he would therefore be ineligible? and does that also mean they could be in trouble if he has played any league games with Cors over the last few weeks?watch this space i suppose...
    Did he play keane cup anyone know ....???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    We're does it state that a senior can play only 5 league games for juniors,from I can gather it's only two seniors allowed on your card regardless of how many games they play .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Tweety back in the cage kid.

A junior player can play 5 senior games in any competition and retain junior status . If he plays a 6th he is automatically regraded to senior level an thus not allowed play in any junior cups.

A senior is allowed play 5 games in junior league games only . Seniors are not allowed play in any junior cup game.

I'd advise all clubs to re visit the MSL rule book asap .

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Lads I am sure the MSL would be delighted to get some of ye involved at Committee level you know so much about the rules ! and to make it worse, most of what's been stated here is completely untrue!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    Tweety back in the cage kid.

A junior player can play 5 senior games in any competition and retain junior status . If he plays a 6th he is automatically regraded to senior level an thus not allowed play in any junior cups.

A senior is allowed play 5 games in junior league games only . Seniors are not allowed play in any junior cup game.

I'd advise all clubs to re visit the MSL rule book asap .
    Doesn't really concern me but if somebody came on here and stated exactly what the rule was or even if every club was emailed the new rules,seems to me by tweeking it every year always teams gonna make a mistake,but for all yer sakes the league should finally clarify the rules,if you can't be 100% after reading a rule book littleman then system is flawed.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The rule is as littleman says above rules are on msl website

14. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    Lads I am sure the MSL would be delighted to get some of ye involved at Committee level you know so much about the rules ! and to make it worse, most of what's been stated here is completely untrue!
    Doubt that very much that hole place is sown up by a load of cronies that look out for each other. Also don't think whats being stated is all wrong but alot of 2nd guessing because the rules seem to vary from year to year. I still maintain a douglas hall man could shed some light on it as they fell foul to this rule. Don't mean this in a bad way but they must have had dealings with the league on the matter.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A few points on all this. 1st I welcome the debate and think it is good that people are helping the league police this as it is only right for all teams invovled.

I agree with your earlier statement littleman about match reports but I personally did not submit one as I only caught last half hour and it was 2-1 also the ringmahon man was send off at this stage. Wouldn't be a fair match report to either team only seeing some of the game. Also saw the everton senior cup game which they won and again only saw 2nd half so didn't submit match report on game. I can't however agree with you about the forum bordering on the ridiculous as at the end of the day I would like to see this forum pick up in terms of match reports but also every other aspect of junior football not just games but things like this debate that helps keep teams informed.Only a few months ago you thought so yourself when the hall were put out ( recalling from mermory didn't look back stand open to correction).

A few things that can be gathered from here is that cors did def play a player that has played senior. I couldn't imagion them taking a risk like that unless they checked with the league prior to the game about this so called player (unless its a geniune mistake ). This however opens up the question of , if he has being called up senior to help there struggling seniors why wasn't he good enough to start and was it a gamble that cors decided to take mid game.

To the best of my knowledge what you have stated a few post back about seniors not playing junior cups is correct. But would he be classed as a senior if registered junior?? There seems no doubt he played and has def. played senior at some stage but how much and what competions aren't so clear. In fairness alot of this seems to be coming from clubs that weren't even involved for what reasons seem unclear at least to me.

Finally I think this forum is the right place for these debates as it is msl junior section not just a match report section so I think until it is resolved people are entitled to speak up. I would love to see alot more of

THESE PEOPLE SUBMITTING MATCH REPORTS ON GAMES ALSO.

Also razor i know you dont like peope generally causing hassle but this is a debate that helps find out the truth in these matters. It must be good to see the forum pick up. Now if other topics in junior football picked up it would be good to see people getting more invovled.

Personally amazed by the amount of comments on this game as from what I saw it wasn't a particulally big crowd at the game.
    Last edited by Im_not_stirring; 31/03/2014 at 5:49 PM. Reason: error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Super keeper every time I read the MSL rule book it seems to have a little something changed.

Today for instance, page 18 rule 17 states that a senior can only play in a junior league game if his club has a junior premier and a 1st division side !

How many of us knew that !

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    If what hawk says is true could spell trouble. Surely a ringmahon or cors person could end this rubbish
    Last edited by Im_not_stirring; 31/03/2014 at 5:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Excellent post INS . The long one I meant .

My frustration with this forum is based on the fact that it's more likey that someone will post something in the vain hope it will annoy another rather than post a match report or something that is vaguely related to an actual game .

All these posts an yet nothing on the Hall going top is an example.

Far as I'm concerned what ever happened over the weekend is old news . Tough on Ringmahon B an congrats to Cors.

Can we move on please .
    Last edited by littleman; 31/03/2014 at 9:23 PM.

20. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Excellent post INS . The long one I meant .

My frustration with this forum is based on the fact that it's more likey that someone will post something in the vain hope it will annoy another rather than post a match report or something that is vaguely relegated to an actual game .

All these posts an yet nothing on the Hall going top is an example.

Far as I'm concerned what ever happened over the weekend is old news . Tough on Ringmahon B an congrats to Cors.

Can we move on please .
    Yes I would think that is def happening on here.

Don't think there is much being drawn to the hall going top over the games in hand a few teams have. Fair play to them getting back into it after the few months they had there when people were stirring about there hole club. They not only righted the juniors but there seniors had a great win over cork city the weekend. Always knew to many good players up there for them not to get it right.

As for the weekend if I was ringmahon B I would be upset if its true about the player after the effort they put in. From what I saw both teams really wanted it and spotters was a horrible way to lose it but that's football.

I'll be trying to get the other semi in but 6 sat night isn't great time for me.

What it does show again is anyone can give any team a game on there day premier, so there must be alot to play for and very interesting at both ends of the table with 3 going down. I'll stand by my comments that its cors to throw away. They just seem to know how to get results in difficult situations as the last few weeks have shown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Half a season is about to unfold in the space of 4 weeks,,,,,,, may the best team win........ Hope every team mans up .
    Last edited by littleman; 31/03/2014 at 10:46 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Super keeper every time I read the MSL rule book it seems to have a little something changed.

Today for instance, page 18 rule 17 states that a senior can only play in a junior league game if his club has a junior premier and a 1st division side !

How many of us knew that !
    Littleman your post #1409 in relation to Senior/Junior players playing is correct but this post is very misleading.
    The rule states;
    Registered Senior players can only play with the Junior Premier Team in the event of the club having both Junior Premier and Junior First Division teams.
    Clubs who have a second junior team like Carrigaline Utd. Douglas Hall, College Corinthians, Everton etc. are well aware of this rule as it is there all season. It wasn't just added during the week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinguard View Post
    Littleman your post #1409 in relation to Senior/Junior players playing is correct but this post is very misleading.
    The rule states;
    Registered Senior players can only play with the Junior Premier Team in the event of the club having both Junior Premier and Junior First Division teams.
    Clubs who have a second junior team like Carrigaline Utd. Douglas Hall, College Corinthians, Everton etc. are well aware of this rule as it is there all season. It wasn't just added during the week.
    What happens with Ringmahon then who have 2 premier sides?

Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast