Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    ya, the league's must be miles apart! bit early to judge who will win it yet though!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    from the midleton team that we played last year, they have bout 5 or 6 new players in starting xi, very good players at that!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    although having said that about the midleton team, have heard that they are playin 4 or 5 seniors a game, dont think thats fair at all.....on on brighter note cobh beat ringmahon 6-2 today, good performance from us, going up 1 nil after bout 7 seconds helped, 3-1 at half time, controlled most of game and deserved winners!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was at the midleton game To be fair ye were well outplayed I thought also they had no senior players playing that day I dont think! having said that 3 or 4 players in that side would probably
    be close to starting in the senior team but are after deciding to play junior

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not gona deny that we were outplayed or anything, just going on what i heard, one was from a midleton senior player who was able to name out the senior players that played and the other was from a ref who had reffed a midleton game that the ot manager went to watch, he asked for 5 players to go up and was told that they couldn't go because they were signed on senior forms, have no problem with teams playing a couple of seniors, all teams do it, but when there are 4 or 5, its a bit much, st. marys were the same when we played them, came down with 5 senior players, bit much!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    We went out of the FAI Junior Cup today, lost 4-2 at home to Knockavilla. Before we ever got into the game we were 2 down. Dominated the rest of the game but couldn't convert our chances and the ref did us no favours either!

Munster Junior Cup next week away to Cobh

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    just cause they are winning doesn't mean their packing the team with senior players! maybe the new management has to be credited with some of the credit!! granted they might have players with senior experience, but dont rockmount have beecinor this year playing junior, and douglas a few years ago hand senior experience when they started their period of dominance?? what should players do so when they feel they can no longer play at the top level?? become like us??, ''hurlers on the ditch''!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    F.A.I.-UMBRO JUNIOR CUP 3RD

1 Mayfield Utd. v Ringmahon Rangers .

2 Kinsale F.C. v Wilton United

3 Glasheen F.C. v Kanturk FC

4 Knockavilla Clt. v Glenvale FC

5 Glen Celtic v Leeds FC.

6 Pearse Celtic v College Cors.

7 Blackstone Rvs. v Tramore Ath.

8 Coachford FC v Buttevant

9 Midleton FC. v Leeside FC.

10 Fairview FC. v Bunratty Utd (wc)

11 Marlboro v Springfield

12 Innishvilla FC. V Dunbar Clt.

13 Skibbereen v Carrigtwohill Utd

14 Kilumney Utd. v Macroom AFC.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    F.A.I.-UMBRO JUNIOR CUP 3RD

1 Mayfield Utd. v Ringmahon Rangers .

2 Kinsale F.C. v Wilton United

3 Glasheen F.C. v Kanturk FC

4 Knockavilla Clt. v Glenvale FC

5 Glen Celtic v Leeds FC.

6 Pearse Celtic v College Cors.

7 Blackstone Rvs. v Tramore Ath.

8 Coachford FC v Buttevant

9 Midleton FC. v Leeside FC.

10 Fairview FC. v Bunratty Utd (wc)

11 Marlboro v Springfield

12 Innishvilla FC. V Dunbar Clt.

13 Skibbereen v Carrigtwohill Utd

14 Kilumney Utd. v Macroom AFC.
    When was the last time any Cork junior side did well in this competition ? I remember a few years back D Hall got the the quarters. Is it a waste of time for a clubs second team entering this competition ? Or is it worth it to give lads an away trip?
    Personally i think it is a waste of time for the Msl junior teams - it might be worthwhile for Aul clubs with their first team ala Kinsale, Wilton etc in it as they may have some crack off it but again it is hard to see them winning this competition.
    Have a lot of clubs pulled their interest in this at MSL JUNIOR level ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    just cause they are winning doesn't mean their packing the team with senior players! maybe the new management has to be credited with some of the credit!! granted they might have players with senior experience, but dont rockmount have beecinor this year playing junior, and douglas a few years ago hand senior experience when they started their period of dominance?? what should players do so when they feel they can no longer play at the top level?? become like us??, ''hurlers on the ditch''!!
    i'm just saying what i have been told, i dont know if they are senior players or not, i havent watched midleton seniors play this season. If they are only playin juniors then fair enough, but that doesnt explain the whole o.t thing with the 5 players, if they are ex senior players now playing junior then thats fair enough to, but why sign senior forms and then play junior?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    When was the last time any Cork junior side did well in this competition ? I remember a few years back D Hall got the the quarters. Is it a waste of time for a clubs second team entering this competition ? Or is it worth it to give lads an away trip?
    Personally i think it is a waste of time for the Msl junior teams - it might be worthwhile for Aul clubs with their first team ala Kinsale, Wilton etc in it as they may have some crack off it but again it is hard to see them winning this competition.
    Have a lot of clubs pulled their interest in this at MSL JUNIOR level ?

Probably makes a bit of sense as chance of winning the competition outright are minimal at best.
    that said maybe teams would be happy with the away trip ,,each to there own i suppose.
    i know that blarney didnt enter into the FAI or MJC this season,,not sure if they are the only one's??
    Last edited by greengrass; 17/10/2011 at 9:49 PM. Reason: additional content

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    The lads on the Senior Thread spoke about "bringing players through" and stuff like that. To be honest, to an outside man, it seems neither the league nor the clubs give much of a care about their junior sides and thats wrong. Why is a guy going to try for a club that clearly doesnt care about him? I always believe in entering the MJC & FAI - 2 extra games for the players - is it not about playing games?
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cobh 0-1 fermoy in mjc...a game that cobh should have won, had best chances and more possesion, just couldnt put ball in net! at least 1 team in blue won fairly today, and it wasn't fermoy!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ha ha best chances?? One team in blue won fairly?? Care to expand on that one......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Ha ha best chances?? One team in blue won fairly?? Care to expand on that one......
    Yea the best chances, i think ye had 2 shots on target in the whole game....the team in blue that won fairly on sunday was man city......and to expand on that, i was under the impression that the munster JUNIOR cup was for junior players...correct me if i'm wrong on that...but sure as was said by some1 else in a post, fermoy are a good honest club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Cobh had more possession, no denying that, but kicking the ball in the general direction of our goal hardly counts as ye creating chances!!!
    So I'm guessing the 2 players from Cobh's senior team that played on Sunday are registered on the junior form?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cobh had more possession, no denying that, but kicking the ball in the general direction of our goal hardly counts as ye creating chances!!!
    So I'm guessing the 2 players from Cobh's senior team that played on Sunday are registered on the junior form?
    We had 1 player alone who had about 4 r 5 shots on goal! Ye couldnt muster that with yer full team!
    What 2 players would that be? There was 1 player who played against fermoy senior team last week who is a junior player, that was the only player who has played senior this season, but he is in fact a junior player....its ok if ye didnt trust the fermoy junior team to come down and win without the help of senior players!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Like I said, if kicking the ball in the general direction of our goal counts as a chance then ye were on top! Probably lucky for you we only had 2 shots on target because that's a 50% shots to goals ratio. Wonder how many more goals we would've gotten had we shot.......
    Oh so you're saying it was unsporting rather than illegal?? That's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I thought you were accusing us of breaking the rules which we clearly didn't do.
    Pity we won't meet each other again this season to see whose junior side is the better!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Like I said, if kicking the ball in the general direction of our goal counts as a chance then ye were on top! Probably lucky for you we only had 2 shots on target because that's a 50% shots to goals ratio. Wonder how many more goals we would've gotten had we shot.......
    Oh so you're saying it was unsporting rather than illegal?? That's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. I thought you were accusing us of breaking the rules which we clearly didn't do.
    Pity we won't meet each other again this season to see whose junior side is the better!
    i wouldnt say free kicks and shots from inside the box would classify as just kicking it in the general direction of your goals! How did ye clearly not break the rules when ye played senior players in the junior cup? as far as i know it is against the rules to do that, i am open to correction on that if someone can clarify the rules!ye only had 2 shots because ye couldnt get the ball off us! sure if we get ye in the cups at end of season then we will play ye, but then again, i dont think i have ever played a fermoy junior team that didnt play seniors so i dont know what yer junior team is like!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think you were watching a different game than the one that was played Sunday morning.

As for the rules of the competition, make sure you know what they are before you go accusing people of breaking them! And you do realise there are 2 junior teams in Fermoy so just because the side you played on Sunday was different to the side you played in the league doesn't mean we 'cheated'

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast