Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    nice play by midleton delaying kick off an hour so they could find out the blarney result
    stroke of genius????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    nice play by midleton delaying kick off an hour so they could find out the blarney result
    stroke of genius????
    Hardly made a difference with Blarney losing, surely Midelton would have been trying to win either way. Blarney and Cobh relegated so down to division 1.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    thats true..table doesnt lie

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi guys new to the forum Would like to say was very interested in the final day of the season in the junior league with regards relegation places so I decided to go and watch the Midleton game when I arrived at 10:30 as per MSL website, was told about the delay. It was delayed due to their senior teams game with cork city as they have the first pitch closed in an effort to preserve the pitch and there was a underage game on the second pitch. I think going into the last two games it was really blarneys to lose also congratulations to brooklodge and mallow in their promotions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Wouldnt be so sure Blarney are down yet. Heard they have put in an objection against Carrigaline after the 4-3 defeat. Clutching at straws comes to mind. Midleton look like they have done enough. Interesting to see is anything made of the objection or will blarney be plying their trade in the 1st division next year
    Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footiefanatic View Post
    Wouldnt be so sure Blarney are down yet. Heard they have put in an objection against Carrigaline after the 4-3 defeat. Clutching at straws comes to mind. Midleton look like they have done enough. Interesting to see is anything made of the objection or will blarney be plying their trade in the 1st division next year
    Would you care to enlighten us as to what happened at the carrgaline game dont think I heard anything on the forum with regards a complaint from the match would be interested to know what happened. Also if Blarney dont go down this season they will be the luckiest team in the league having being relagated last year only for a league restructuring of the first division saving them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    Would you care to enlighten us as to what happened at the carrgaline game dont think I heard anything on the forum with regards a complaint from the match would be interested to know what happened. Also if Blarney dont go down this season they will be the luckiest team in the league having being relagated last year only for a league restructuring of the first division saving them.

Is that true ? I thought a team pulled out of the league early, Mallow or someone ? Am i dreaming

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    To my knowledge anyway open to correction here but two teams were to be relegated last year from the junior premier but then there was a restructuring of the first division league at the last minute kinda like the day before the last game or something the two first divisions were split thus only resulting in only one team getting relagated from the premier blarney finished second last last year so they were a bit lucky that the restructuring took place
    Dont know about any team pulling out maybe that was the reason for the restructuring, but mallow have being promoted along with brooklodge who are champions they won the play off on saturday.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gutted Glasheen are still up. Murphy's Farm has to be worst pitch in MSL, grass must be cut once a year or something.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Must say I was happy to see Glasheen stay up as they were wrote off half ways through the season but continued to battle on also felt they were a bit unlucky at the start where they put in some good performances but did not get anything out of the games on the note of pitches the league will be losing a fine playing surface in blarney probably the best in cork

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So long Blarney

Down go Blarney with their excellent pitches. Down go Cobh Wanderers with their decent pitch. Up come Mallow to compete with Glasheen for worst pitch in the division. At least Midelton managed to stay up, always a pleasure to play there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    To my knowledge anyway open to correction here but two teams were to be relegated last year from the junior premier but then there was a restructuring of the first division league at the last minute kinda like the day before the last game or something the two first divisions were split thus only resulting in only one team getting relagated from the premier blarney finished second last last year so they were a bit lucky that the restructuring took place
    Dont know about any team pulling out maybe that was the reason for the restructuring, but mallow have being promoted along with brooklodge who are champions they won the play off on saturday.
    last year a team pulled out at the start of the season(to my knowledge i heard it was marys juniors) so all clubs knew that only one team was going down
    the restructuring of the first division played no part

on the objection,fighting relegation 2 years running they should take there medicine and go down
    try and get confidence going with a few wins and try and come back a better team
    i cant see a club that size being down there for long

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    so basically if ur fighting relegation teams should be allowed to break the rules and u should just get on with it is it??? what about everton earlier in the season with douglas hall..should they just have taken their medicine as well?? turns out those 3 points just about kept their heads out of the relegain battle this season...everton definately go down as the biggest failure of the season albeit they won the league cup but were a disaster in the league
    your right about the rule breaking red and white,,
    it goes on right through the junior leagues though,
    iv seen teams this year who were unrecognisable from when seeing them at the first half of the season
    very hard to prove though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    well there is a transfer window around xmas time so teams can change from start of year to end of year without rule breaking. I think to be fair most teams will try to be honest but u will always find the same clubs being the ones who will try anything to win a game...

also the league should highlight in balck and white on the website what the rules are as far as senior players are concerned eligible to play a junior match, i think squads should be posted on the site so clubs know who is signed for which team in a particular club and also ALL suspensions should be listed as well. Is that asking a lot?
    ha ha!! it's like some one is tickling my belly!!, you do realise what league we are in?? you have to be realistic red and white!!
    as regards senior players i'm pretty sure the rule is you are allowed have 2 players who have played more than 5 senior games that season, and as many as you want who have played under 5 on the starting 11, basically, as far as alot of clubs are concerned the junior team only serves a purpose for senior players coming back from injury, and getting them back to fitness,(not my view before you go off on 1)!! as regards blarney making a complaint why didn't they make it against carrigaline when they were beating other teams down near the bottom, or was that suiting them at the time?? sounds like sour grapes to me!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    ha ha!! it's like some one is tickling my belly!!, you do realise what league we are in?? you have to be realistic red and white!!
    as regards senior players i'm pretty sure the rule is you are allowed have 2 players who have played more than 5 senior games that season, and as many as you want who have played under 5 on the starting 11, basically, as far as alot of clubs are concerned the junior team only serves a purpose for senior players coming back from injury, and getting them back to fitness,(not my view before you go off on 1)!! as regards blarney making a complaint why didn't they make it against carrigaline when they were beating other teams down near the bottom, or was that suiting them at the time?? sounds like sour grapes to me!!
    i imagine there complaint is about there match with carragaline and not others villaman,
    sour grapes or not there well entitled to object,
    no doubt filling msl coffers at the same time

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    .point about blarney complaining: this might be difficult, but stay with me... once carrig's seniors were safely promoted their junior team all of a sudden started getting good results ( i have no idea if this is down to them packing the team or just hard work? fair play to them either way) which propelled them up the table and to safety, while also taking points of teams at the bottom of the league thus actually helping blarney's cause and maybe some other teams!! my point was that blarney were happy to see carrig win then, but all of a sudden when carrig beat them (blarney) they want to complain, all i was trying to put across was you cant have your'e cake and eat it!!

seniors have a panel of 23 players, of course junior teams have a purpose, what did you think i meant ?? that every junior game a team will have 11 senior players on the pitch, 2 that have played 5 games, 9 who have 4 or under,?? are you well in the head??what i was trying to get across was that there are clubs who dont care if there junior team finished 4th from the top/3rd from bottom as they see them as a means to get their injured players back to fitness, and some of their squad players game time, obviously if the junior team is doing well their happy, and of course nobody wants any team in their club relagated!! once again i will say that this is not my view on how junior team should be used but it a fact of life!!

if you took time to read over older posts, you would see that i have no love lost for the msl, but they are doing their best with what they got, where would we be without them?? so i do agree with your'e point about suspensions, i just felt my belly being tickled cause i know that what your'e asking for is a long way off

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
    i imagine there complaint is about there match with carragaline and not others villaman,
    sour grapes or not there well entitled to object,
    no doubt filling msl coffers at the same time
    money again eh greengrass?? :-) hope my reply to red and white explains it greengrass,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    always money haha
    i understand what your saying about carragaline suddenly getting good results but how were blarney to know that this funny business was the case when they hadn't seen them play,
    they could only object when they themselves had been on the wrong side of it and with it being more important to them than maybe other teams that carrig beat they decided to act
    you have to realise that villaman

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    oh grengrass i do realise your'e point, but still stand by opinion! thats why this forum is here after all, opinions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    don't think it takes much to baffle you red and white, between your'e comments here and the aul thread seems you like picking fights!!! you aint going to get 1 hear so good luck with your'e rantings

Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast