Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Clare League 2010/11

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planners View Post
    No fear AC - - tough one sunday - will this decide your league ?
    Should be a good game on Sunday, but it defiantely won't decide anything, long way to go yet and this years league looks a tough one.
    Hopefully Newmarket's injured will be ok and Avenue missing Mastermind for the next 2 games is a loss to them.

Also does anyone know if the games tonight are going ahead?
    I'll update this next year.

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Should be a good game on Sunday, but it defiantely won't decide anything, long way to go yet and this years league looks a tough one.
    Hopefully Newmarket's injured will be ok and Avenue missing Mastermind for the next 2 games is a loss to them.

Also does anyone know if the games tonight are going ahead?
    Apparently they are alright. 6.15 kick-offs according to claresoccer.net

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    First Div kicking off this weekend....who are the key signings for which clubs? olympic looking to bounce straight back up, who do you reckon will be challenging up there with them?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Foot.ie!

Title decider?? Not in the slightest.
    Gonna be a close one this season , going to the last few games I reckon
    Will be good to get bridge Celtic/rineanna/ Newmarket away games out of the way after 4 games. Nice fixtures indeed

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    where can i find the premier league table

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    claresoccer.net/Premier/premier.html

The tables on the website are coming through from League Republic so that's why some work PCs mightn't be able to see the tables on the website.

Premier.PNG

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Gonna be a close one this season , going to the last few games I reckon
    Will be good to get bridge Celtic/rineanna/ Newmarket away games out of the way after 4 games. Nice fixtures indeed[/QUOTE]

Early days indeed ! - -want to be careful though - last season ye got the away game done with early and ended up having to play the second half away as well - - - - 1 -0
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    POS P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Newmarket Celtic A 2 2 0 0 5 3 2 6
    2 Hermitage A 2 2 0 0 4 2 2 6
    3 Rock Rovers 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6
    4 Bridge Celtic A 2 1 1 0 4 2 2 4
    5 Avenue Utd A 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4
    6 Tulla Utd A 3 1 1 1 4 5 -1 4
    7 Bunratty A 3 0 2 1 5 6 -1 2
    8 Bridge Utd A 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 1
    9 Lifford AFC 3 0 1 2 2 4 -2 1
    10 Rineanna Rovers A 3 0 1 2 2 4 -2 1
    I'll update this next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thumbs up

your right there
    it was 1-0 to avenue
    then 1-1 in the away / away game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubber View Post
    First Div kicking off this weekend....who are the key signings for which clubs? olympic looking to bounce straight back up, who do you reckon will be challenging up there with them?
    the demoted clubs will always fancy themselves to go back up,turnpike look strong,it will be tough for the promoted clubs, big step up, from one devision to another,id say avenue, sporting, turnpike and olympic for the run in,
    best of luck to all of them..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    lads i was watchin rineanna b and tulla b earlier on. it was a comical performance from PD. For the neutrals it's very entertaining watching him but it must be extremely frustrating for the two sides (for obvious reasons). At one stage a rineanna player clearly passed(almost rolled) the ball back to the tulla player for a free and the tulla lad let it run under his foot, PD roared at the rineanna player ''14 if you boot the ball away again you'll have a yellow card up your nostrils". Then a player got a kick (which resulted in an injury to him) but his momentum carried him just over the sideline, PD stopped the game a minute later ordering the inj player to get back off the pitch, the player didnt move. ''I'll make him move now so I will" and PD ran down and was told the player had a broken toe, PD said the player rolled himself back onto the pitch and made a big scene and dished out the yellow card anyway to the frustration of manager and player, player told him to f*** off then and was shown a red. While the name and number were being taken an onlooker shouted ''hang up the boots ref'', PD looked up immediately and accused the rineanna manager of sayin it and ordered him out to the road. Needless to say this really annoyed the manager as PD was adamant that the manager said it, eventually he believed the manager and sent out the onlooker. Crazy, nonsensical rubbish that does be goin on, he really does know how to get under peoples skins.
    Last edited by studsup; 15/09/2010 at 8:40 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studsup View Post
    lads i was watchin rineanna b and tulla b earlier on. it was a comical performance from PD. For the neutrals it's very entertaining watching him but it must be extremely frustrating for the two sides (for obvious reasons). At one stage a rineanna player clearly passed(almost rolled) the ball back to the tulla player for a free and the tulla lad let it run under his foot, PD roared at the rineanna player ''14 if you boot the ball away again you'll have a yellow card up your nostrils". Then a player got a kick (which resulted in an injury to him) but his momentum carried him just over the sideline, PD stopped the game a minute later ordering the inj player to get back off the pitch, the player didnt move. ''I'll make him move now so I will" and PD ran down and was told the player had a broken toe, PD said the player rolled himself back onto the pitch and made a big scene and dished out the yellow card anyway to the frustration of manager and player, player told him to f*** off then and was shown a red. While the name and number were being taken an onlooker shouted ''hang up the boots ref'', PD looked up immediately and accused the rineanna manager of sayin it and ordered him out to the road. Needless to say this really annoyed the manager as PD was adamant that the manager said it, eventually he believed the manager and sent out the onlooker. Crazy, nonsensical rubbish that does be goin on, he really does know how to get under peoples skins.

its funny ok,are refs able to tell fans/neutrals to leave the game there watching,surely atleast fans/neutral or if not players and officials are able to give there veiw on incidents, or the opinion of the man in charge, what would happen if the person had been charged to get in??? just curious of the rules there,

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Prego Menswear First Division League Cup Section B
    Mountshannon Celtic P-P Bridge United B

How amateur is the Clare League? How is it that a pitch can be double booked in this day of age?
    I’m sure Mountshannon and the Bridge had players who had to leave work early to accommodate the 6:15 Kick Off.

Was it dark before the other 6:15 games finished?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerman View Post
    lads any chance you would just meet up for a drink and get it sorted .. only joking...

anyone want to predict who will win all the divisions.....

here's mine.. premier : rock.... 1st : olympic... 2nd : moher 3rd : bunratty or olympic b.

anyone any taughts
    good to see a rock rovers representative here to keep circus pony company,
    ye'll need a decent keeper before ye win any league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studsup View Post
    Last Nite was a crazy,Match officials need the help for both players and managers during a match but when a "person" comes to a game with a attitude similar to "PD" it is very hard.He was making offside decisions from 60 yards away and his commuication was a disgrace.I hate to say this but he comes to matchs looking for a confrontation.In every aspects of the game he finds faults evidence of which could be seen before kick off when he wanted the match kicked off at 6.10.If a game is fixed for 6.15 it kicks off at that time.Both teams were told to get into position at 6.10 whick is wrong

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerman View Post
    rocks keeper will be grand.. dont you worry
    I know you are Eric. No fear of you at all

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads am I moaning too much or have I a right to give out..??? My problem is this after 6/8 weeks of very hard pre season putting in the training and all that goes with it, staying off the drink on a saturday night so you can be at your best for sunday morning match we turn up to our first game of the season this morning itching to go and as we were standing up to get our boots checked the REF tells us who is wearing a large knee brace that he has a knee injury and will not be able to run and keep up with the play and that if he is calling frees from 50/60 yards that we are not to " give out ". We as players have to put up with this say nothing so as not to rock the boat. All I ask for if they are not fit to be able to get around the pitch be honest and step aside for that week. If it was a cup final this morning I am sure they would step aside but because it only an old league match who cares??? They keep telling us we must respect the refs but it has to come from both sides!!!!!!!.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wink

5-0,no one saw that coming today.we played a lethal passing game today on a beautiful surface. But once again the referreing was pretty poor.and who said gary Flynn will be warming the bench, another belter today. Everybody played for each other.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2on2 View Post
    Lads am I moaning too much or have I a right to give out..??? My problem is this after 6/8 weeks of very hard pre season putting in the training and all that goes with it, staying off the drink on a saturday night so you can be at your best for sunday morning match we turn up to our first game of the season this morning itching to go and as we were standing up to get our boots checked the REF tells us who is wearing a large knee brace that he has a knee injury and will not be able to run and keep up with the play and that if he is calling frees from 50/60 yards that we are not to " give out ". We as players have to put up with this say nothing so as not to rock the boat. All I ask for if they are not fit to be able to get around the pitch be honest and step aside for that week. If it was a cup final this morning I am sure they would step aside but because it only an old league match who cares??? They keep telling us we must respect the refs but it has to come from both sides!!!!!!!.
    an d i bet you paid 3 to 5 euro to play today, to give to him........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Think you ll find that I played along with Gary flynn today but in fairness to him he was very good today as were all our players. Referee was shocking today, seriously I m ****ED OFF WITH THE STANDARD OF REFEREEING AT THE MOMENT, got booked early today for shouting at the referee to come on and get the decision right and second booking was for a DIVE.newmarket are a better team than what we saw today but we showed way more hunger and fight. Was that Davy Walls debut today?

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast