Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Clare League 2010/11

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Do you honestly think I care what you think... I'm just delighted we won't have to travel there next year... The roads are brutal.. At least scariff is closer and better roads now
    Pitch in Scariff would suit yer style of football better also.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    je*us lads,, relax

meanginless as it was, it was an end of season photo and the 2 cups were included,, big deal,, why get so upset over it,, they should be scrapped and prob will be .

congrats to all at newmarket,crush , davy and the boys. worthy winners of the league with a huge points total,,
    best team over the whole season,,
    and we at avenue had a decent season,, great run in fai and munster,, won the cup ( and a rubbish cup) great experience to play one of the top teams st michaels twice, and run them close the 2nd time.
    the runs didnt hinder us for the league,, we were 25 points behind at one stage won 7 in a row, and unluckily beaten by the league winners for a finish,, no disgrace in that,,
    2nd now 3rd time in 4 yrs,,, players and management want to be in contention at the business end an they are standards of a good club..
    hopefully newmarket will push to progress in both competitions next season, and also the new comp for all league winners.

enjoy the summer an see ye all in a few mths

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Planners View Post
    i would have classed Obriensbridge a better pitch than Mountshannon
    I'd say Mountshannon would be better, saying that, they're 2 bad pitches to be sure.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outleft View Post
    Pitch in Scariff would suit yer style of football better also.
    Who would the YER be ?? Is that actually a word or gibberish language

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Ya the area cups are handy to get players off 1 game suspensions because of yellow cards accumulated aren't they mastermind...... that's why avenue refused the walkover because they wanted to use that game as the game for 2 of their starting 11 to serve their 1 game bans

Are you for real? Do you think your club would have done the same? Ah no of course ye would have took the walkover and had 2 key players missing for the final they deseved to play in. The 2 players got punished for playing more games because of the run in FAI and Munster, Yet the 5 yellow card rule stood. The more games you play the more chance you have of being booked.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    my high light of the season was mike o malleys speech when newmarket won the league about certain managers not taking the job at start of the season and all the calls they had to make it was a classic.
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Would I be right in saying the 3 teams gone down have won the premier div in last 6 years.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    my high light of the season was mike o malleys speech when newmarket won the league about certain managers not taking the job at start of the season and all the calls they had to make it was a classic.
    Why planners who else did the ask other than big daddy and Jimmy rocks

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Jesus Planners, must have been a pretty bad season then if thats your highlight.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    great speech from a great player just thought it was a good way to finish of the season.
    CDSL Cup Champions 2008 / 2009 / 2011 / 2013 / 2014 - CDSL League Champions 2010/11 - - - - - - 2011 /12

members - TBC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Correct, Bridge United in 2006, Bridge Celtic in 2007, Bunratty in 2009

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    great speech from a great player just thought it was a good way to finish of the season.
    Have to agree with my collegue - and the celebration in the dressing room afterwards and the words spoken there - inspirational
    its great to see

members - TBC

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a pity you never had the priviledge of celebrations like that HK in your long and industrious career!!! But no need to be envious next time ask newmarket can you come into the dressing room and they might let you sing championas with them. At least that way you can say you have experienced that winning feeling at least once

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Play on. Did planners not win a clare cup with rinanna a few years back.. I believe he's next rinanna manager too so he might add to that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Play on. Did planners not win a clare cup with rinanna a few years back.. I believe he's next rinanna manager too so he might add to that
    Second his biggest contribution to that cup success was opening the bottle of champagne outside the honk on the Monday!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Ha ha...Did he not play in it... Anyway opening champagne is a highly important skill

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play_On View Post
    Second his biggest contribution to that cup success was opening the bottle of champagne outside the honk on the Monday!!
    My opinion is that a team is bigger than the first 11 out on the field - its a squad game now - i did play in that great win and was instrumental in the set up of play - and by the way i couldnt open the bottle either - it was a casey special - one he didnt drop { for a change }

members - TBC

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Heard through the grapevine that the Clare League will be holding a memorial tournament for Hugh Kelly in August between the four league winners Newmarket Celtic, Shannon Olympic, Rhine Rovers and Coole. Very good idea

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBassett View Post
    Heard through the grapevine that the Clare League will be holding a memorial tournament for Hugh Kelly in August between the four league winners Newmarket Celtic, Shannon Olympic, Rhine Rovers and Coole. Very good idea
    Ya great idea fair play to whoever came up with it. Also The Munster Football Association is to organise a new competition for the 2011-2012 season. The competition will be for the winners of the top League Divisions of all affiliated Junior Leagues. As there are 12 affiliated Junior Leagues in Munster the competition will entail the following matches:1st round: 4 games and 4 byes
    Quarter Finals: 4 games
    Semi Finals: 2 games
    Final: 1 game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Well guys bit early but any rumours on players or managers moving... Heard maxi might be going avenue or lifford... D. Magee over lifford and rumour is he has asked maxi and a few bunratty lads.. Any truth Newmarket managers have stepped down.. Very strange if true ..

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast