Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rovers/Sporting Fingal on the Internet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Ah lads, I know we had a good result tonight and fair play for all the support but really; there's no need in changing the websites whole colour scheme just for that!!
    (For improving- the green isnt deep enough, too blue-ish for my liking! The white-ish is grand though.)

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    Iaquinta started all three games.
    I agree that it was hard to notice him as he did feck all.
    I meant for next week. Could have been on the UEFA website where they have all the stories from last season still up as recent news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Great win for Rovers, restore a bit of pride in the league, well done
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well done to Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Don't really know what to say. Only home early from the Maldron because I've got to book flights to watch us play Juventus. A ridiculous sentence that you never really think you'll get to say as a LoI fan. And yet here we are, it could have happened to Pats last year, or other teams before us to get such a draw, it was just luck of the draw that it was us, and it was now. In saying that, a LoI team going abroad and winning against a strong team, in very hard conditions is still a massive, massive result and one that should be celebrated.

It's sad that us playing Juve will do more good for the league than five other teams playing (and possibly beating) teams from Scandinavia or elsewhere, but that's how it is, and at the risk of being facetious I think Rover fans deserve a night like tonight after whats happened in the last couple of decades.

Can only imagine what its like in Tel Aviv, I've never been giddier in my whole life!!

(Btw, will this rule Enda Stevens out of the Airtricity League game??)

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Oh, should have said a thanks to all the fans of other clubs offering us congratulations. It was a great, fantastic win that really deserves to live long in the LoI memory. But the fact we're playing Juve next instead of a mid-table Swedish team is down to pure luck, luck that I'm incredibly excited to take for once. What a difference to see a LoI side win with one of their few chances instead of being the hard luck heros yet again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Great result for Rovers, I am proud of them as a LOI fan and as a club. Also, I think Fingal deserve great praise, to score 4 goals against a decent enough side is a massive achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    It's sad that us playing Juve will do more good for the league than five other teams playing (and possibly beating) teams from Scandinavia or elsewhere, but that's how it is, and at the risk of being facetious I think Rover fans deserve a night like tonight after whats happened in the last couple of decades.
    I was talking to an Italian Milan fan on the way from a conference to a pub to see Germany Spain in the World Cup. We talked about Italian football as he had never heard of Rovers...hopefully different soon..

To think there's still legends of the Liberec and Odra trips...

Hard luck to Fingal and well Dundalk didn't do as badly as the Sammarinese side who lost 2-9 at home tonight and 3-13 on agg..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Firstly congrats to Rovers. Well done lads, great win tonight and what a game to look forward to.

Unfortunately we couldnt do the same. We gave it our all but CS Maritimo had too much quality on the night.

Im very proud of the club though, from the players to the fans.

Baring the result we enjoyed ourselves and it makes us hungry for more european nights.

Cheers to any LOI fans who came down to watch the game tonight and helped support the club on the night.

The best thing about football is there is always another game around the corner. Pats sunday and thats a massive game for both.

12. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    This is some night as a Rovers fan. Unbelievable feeling. Coming on here was always going to be interesting. Firstly, thanks to all the people who have posted their genuine feelings and congratulations here. However, it was also predictable who would and wouldn't post. Plenty of regular posters are conspicuous by their absence from this thread. And also several who did post were predictably snide and sarcastic which is a shame because this was a perfect opportunity to show they are genuine supporters of Irish football in general but who cares about that.

I would like to say this though. It's not an appeal but my feeling with regard to tickets to next Thursday's game. the game will be (rightly) played in Tallaght Stadium which has a capacity of 6,000. Juve will be entitled to 600 tickets. I think tickets will go on sale to SRFC members first (approx. 520 people with an option on 2 tickets), SRFC season ticket holders next (approx. 2,500 with an option on 1 or 2 tickets). If my assumption is correct then this will leave either no general sale of tickets or else a tiny amount of tickets for GS. All i want to say is that these tickets should go to real SRFC fans and while many people would love to be at the game and show their support I think fans of other clubs should back off and not attempt to obtain tickets for the game thus depiving Rovers fans their opportunity.

I hope that doesn't sound wrong (I've had a few shandies tonight!) as I don't mean to insult anyone. I simply feel that with pressure of space at Tallaght Stadium all available briefs should go to real Hoops fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    The Aviva @ such short notice is a non runner anyway and by the way crumbongleations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well done to Rovers! Cant wait to see them take on Juve! Great boost for Irish Football. Hope they don’t move it to Landsdowne and give the poxy unorganised FAI a pay day. Hard luck to Fingal, did the league proud, and no doubt they will be back stronger next year.
    15 Years, Who gives a ****, Were super Limerick and were going up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Congrats to Shams, delighted for yee and for Irish Football in general.
    There is no question about it, this has to be held in Tallaght, its Shams night and its Shams fans night, it isnt about the barstoolers or day trippers.
    The club needs to put its best foot forward in a tie like this and in Tallaght stadium they have that chance.
    Its going to be some Euro trip for yee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    brilliant shamrock rovers...just what we needed after bohs going out. hope to fcuk its on tv now, make good money and all the best!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    (Btw, will this rule Enda Stevens out of the Airtricity League game??)
    No, and he's a lucky charm in europe that fellah...

Should be rotated around the clubs to make sure they all get a bit of the action.

Funny thing football. I went from hoping the israelis thrashed Rovers to hoping they do OK against Juventus.

(and again I'm gutted we're not in europe this year...)

(OH and where's all the doom and gloom merchants now? Gob****es like Nutsy saying "shows where the league's at" because of his team not turning up. we're not the worlds best league, but we're alright...)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Don't really know what to say. Only home early from the Maldron because I've got to book flights to watch us play Juventus. A ridiculous sentence that you never (Btw, will this rule Enda Stevens out of the Airtricity League game??)
    Wayne Deans also ruled out of the Juve tie.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Was at Fingal game last night. The Portugese always the better team, but impressed by Fingal - especially their ability to keep the ball on the floor and pass it around. Very refreshing.
    Great result for Rovers - well done indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    ya fingal scored 4 goals over the 2 legs so this is positive seen as we struggle to score goals in europe. hope they can build on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well done Rovers that was a fantastic result.

Ps I hope Frank from Bohs has congratulated you

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789