Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United supporters back Roy Keane?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Manchester United supporters back Roy Keane?

Anyone found an Irish Manchester United supporter who not supporting Roiy Keane in the National team debacle?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Nope.

Virtually 100% of Cork people support him as well.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire
    Virtually 100% of Cork people support him as well.
    Not true. Me thinks just high concentration of Manchester supporters by the Lee...given people usually choose foreign teams based on irish players employer...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    well manchester united would be my english team of choice and i would be swaying more towards an anti keane stance so i suppose thats one .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

brendy...Britain

brendy..you are getting seriously boring at this stage..everyone can see that you are anti-Keane by now..do you have to get your mouth into every little conversation to put Roy Keane down?..you say that 100% of Cork are behind Roy..well i hope this is true..we spend enough time supporting you lot in the North so why not you let us support our own down here..you really are an angry young man..all week you are shoving your opinion down everyones throat..if you are so anti-Keane feel free to supporting the country you live in instead..Northern Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    brendy..you are getting seriously boring at this stage..everyone can see that you are anti-Keane by now..do you have to get your mouth into every little conversation to put Roy Keane down?..you say that 100% of Cork are behind Roy..well i hope this is true..we spend enough time supporting you lot in the North so why not you let us support our own down here..you really are an angry young man..all week you are shoving your opinion down everyones throat..if you are so anti-Keane feel free to supporting the country you live in instead..Northern Ireland
    Mucker, go away and think about what you just said.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Not true. Me thinks just high concentration of Manchester supporters by the Lee...given people usually choose foreign teams based on irish players employer...
    Agree. Plenty people from Cork reckon he's a l*nger.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    if you are so anti-Keane feel free to supporting the country you live in instead..Northern Ireland

i love this reply

BRILLIANT

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    i love this reply

BRILLIANT
    Normally I would be well p*ssed off with what RedX said. But with Brendy's views on the diaspora, I'm with you corner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Lopez, surely you too then could "support the country you live in"?

As for RedX and Corner, isn't it strange how the 'Rebel county' manages to churn out these traitors again and again. Collins, RMK and the likes of yourselves.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    But like you, I don't. What p*sses me off is your view that unless you're not 'born and bred' in Ireland, then you're somewhat less of an Irishman/woman than you. OK, I'll admit that in my case you're right, but certainly not with those like PP, Sylvo, Junior and BringBackMick, who just happened to born on the wrong side of the Irish sea with Irish parents.

Comments like '90% of Celtic fans wouldn't know what county Athenry is in' are equally ridiculous. If the population of Ireland is as au fait on geography as their British counterparts, I'd wonder whether 90% of the Irish know what county Athenry is in. As for the 10% of Celtic fans or plastics who DO know what county Athenry is in - and quite a bit more about Ireland's history and culture - including a half breed like myself, sure we're only trying to be 'more Irish than the Irish themselves.' Like I said, normally Corner's remark would have me seething, but if you are going sneer at Yanks with Irish backgrounds - whose dollars financed the provos for 25 years - then don't expect sympathy when others start looking down on you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Morning all. I had a leak once at Athenry station if that's a help.

I'm backing the country I used to live in. Amsterdam arena here we come (Eurostar cheapie permitting!)...
    They're red, they're black
    The hatchetmen are back.

We'll support you evermore
    Though you never score...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gardner
    Morning all. I had a leak once at Athenry station if that's a help.
    My great uncle was a priest there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gardner
    I'm backing the country I used to live in. Amsterdam arena here we come (Eurostar cheapie permitting!)...
    Nothing to do with the colour of the shirts? Hope to see you there then.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As for RedX and Corner, isn't it strange how the 'Rebel county' manages to churn out these traitors again and again. Collins, RMK and the likes of yourselves.
    This must be a windup, NOBODY could seriously mean a comment as stupid as that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    Comments like '90% of Celtic fans wouldn't know what county Athenry is in' are equally ridiculous.

I'd just have to disagree with ya there lad, even though it is more like 97%

Alot of Sell-Thick fans dont know their árse from their elbow, geography is just a bridge too far.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio
    Speaking as a Celt through and through I think its grerat to see Roy back in the fold where he belongs.

how McCarthy had the neck to send him home I'll never know...

Welcome back Silvio.

Good to see you still have your head firmly wedged up your hole!

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    But like you, I don't. What p*sses me off is your view that unless you're not 'born and bred' in Ireland, then you're somewhat less of an Irishman/woman than you. OK, I'll admit that in my case you're right, but certainly not with those like PP, Sylvo, Junior and BringBackMick, who just happened to born on the wrong side of the Irish sea with Irish parents.
    Lopez, when have I ever said stuff like that? I consider those who have Irish parents but are brought up in other countries to be Irish if they have the social traits of being Irish.
    Speaking from experience, I've plenty of family in England, the US, Australia, Spain. They all consider themselves Irish, but I'd say it's about half and half those who I would consider so. I have no problem with my Australian relatives claiming to be Irish, they act it. They know about Ireland and the culture of the country. However my American family is a different story. They don't know the first thing about Ireland, had never heard of gaelic football and all wanted Irish passports because "we don't want to get, like, drafted, man" [in reference to conscription in the US army]. It's that kind of person I don't consider Irish.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Lopez, when have I ever said stuff like that? I consider those who have Irish parents but are brought up in other countries to be Irish if they have the social traits of being Irish...
    Some of your posts of late suggest that this is different. The one on 'Have you got any Irish in you?' was particularly antagonising with references to the 'foreigners' in the Irish team and the suggestion by yourself that: 'We should stick to having Irish born players only.' Why's that? Sorry but that doesn't suggest you consider us plastics as being as Irish as you. Nor do references to Celtic as a West Brit club seeing that the club was founded by an Irishman and most of their supporters from Glasgow are of Irish descent.

It is even more surprising coming from someone in the 6C. Not that I think the 6C is a part of Britain, even if it is recognised as such by the 26C government, but there are the odd few in the south that think that Ireland stops at the border and that you have no rights to being part of the Irish nation. I'll give you an example: A well known reporter, recreational drug taker and supporter of K**ne was rumoured to have walked into a bar in New York on the eve of our game with Italy in 1994. He overhears a group of Northerners and asks what the f*ck they are doing here. 'We're following the lads' they reply to what is to them a pretty stupid question seeing they are probably dressed up like leprechauns. The reporter replies: 'But you lot didn't f*cking qualify?' What happened after is conjecture but ends with the hack being kicked out by the bouncers. He had a column (well page) in the Sunday Indo at the time so I'm sure, if true, he might have mentioned this incident in it.

If you are born in Ireland you can walk about with a rasta haircut, claim to be a Buddhist and hate the sight of every bit of Irish culture going and still be more acceptable than us plastics. God help any of us if we deviate from the ultra-nationalist line - Matt Holland singing God Save Brenda is a classic example even though he's half English - and if we don't, then we're trying to be more Irish than the Irish themselves.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Comments like '90% of Celtic fans wouldn't know what county Athenry is in' are equally ridiculous. If the population of Ireland is as au fait on geography as their British counterparts, I'd wonder whether 90% of the Irish know what county Athenry is in. As for the 10% of Celtic fans or plastics who DO know what county Athenry is in - and quite a bit more about Ireland's history and culture - including a half breed like myself, sure we're only trying to be 'more Irish than the Irish themselves.'
    I heard somewhere the Athenry in the song is actually in County Wicklow and not the better known Co Galway town. Does anyone know is this true? How many Athenrys are there in Ireland?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most Catholics in the North of Ireland supported Home Rule and not Sinn Fein in 1918. And those that were Republican were mainly pro-treaty and pro-Collins. I suppose they're all traitors too.

The most Republican parts of Ireland were Kerry, Cork, Limerick and Tipperary. So much so that they were called the Munster Republic. Northern Catholic conservatives were opposed to Republicanism because mother church was opposed to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast