Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Movement On A National League At Last....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Movement On A National League At Last....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool National league

A lot of people still slow to post on this subject i see. Not sure how many representive teams and but a few senior
    senior clubs have been sent letters of interest on this league.So please post your views the secret is out and has been made public.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ladies National League

Great idea but it won't happen in the present format that the FAI want.For a start they want to use LOI pitches during the winter when all these pitches are closed down.No LOI club is going to make their pitch available during the off season.But the main stumbling block is that they want to introduce the same criteria as is required in LOI,medicals,financial,stadium requirements and believe me there is a serious cost to the clubs who wish to take part.The idea is good on paper but the WFAI have no concept on the state of the game around the country.The game needs a serious over haul before we can talk about national leagues.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not sure I agree with you there...
    Terryland, Jackman Park and Turners Cross are not owned by LOI clubs so they wont be able to stop them being used. St Patricks Athletic make their ground available for Irish womens matches, The FAI womens final has been held in Tolka and Dallymount so I'd say that there is a strong chance of it working.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monuman View Post
    Great idea but it won't happen in the present format that the FAI want.For a start they want to use LOI pitches during the winter when all these pitches are closed down.No LOI club is going to make their pitch available during the off season.But the main stumbling block is that they want to introduce the same criteria as is required in LOI,medicals,financial,stadium requirements and believe me there is a serious cost to the clubs who wish to take part.The idea is good on paper but the WFAI have no concept on the state of the game around the country.The game needs a serious over haul before we can talk about national leagues.
    Where does it state that LOI grounds have to be used? At a guess it would prob be 8 from Francis,Raheny, Peamount, Dundalk, Catherines, Salthill, Mayo Lge, Galway Lge maybe Cork, Tullamore or Wexford Lge or others from the CCFL
    Of the above I reckon only Raheny and Catherines would not have suitable grounds
    It will be split regionally like the A Champ and or U20's. But if it is it'll end with the DWSL teams and the rest. What's the difference with a league with Francis,Raheny, Peamount, Dundalk, Catherines in it or the DWSL
    It would be far better if they had it like the Champions league ie top 2 or 1 from leagues around the country go into a knock out comp

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monuman View Post
    The idea is good on paper but the WFAI have no concept on the state of the game around the country.
    I think it's important to point out that this will be run by the FAI not WFAI, or thats my understanding anyway. Also of course there will be costs if it's going to be done do it right. Medical and financial requirement are a must. No point having 12 teams start off and in two or three years only have a handful of the left and a new seven teams involved. The teams must be sustainable long term, if the League of Ireland has thought us anything recently it is that. And i don't mean hat they have money they must have structures in place to produce under age player and to improve their coaching etc. Also as for "stadium" I assume that would be more about facilities than having a huge stadium, having proper changing rooms and proper toilet facilities for players as well as spectators is what i would think they are looking at. To the best of my knowledge there are very few seats where Salthill hosted Cork City in the LOI recently but there facilities are excellent i'm lead to believe,more power to them. And as Unison said not all LOI pitches are owned by the clubs. If this starts and doesn't work we might not get a shot at it again for a long time. My opinion is do it but do it right, clubs (and by clubs i mean whoever puts in a team which could be a league) must take responsibility for their own sustainabilityon the field and off the field with the FAI monitoring everything closely.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro m View Post
    It will be split regionally like the A Champ and or U20's. But if it is it'll end with the DWSL teams and the rest. What's the difference with a league with Francis,Raheny, Peamount, Dundalk, Catherines in it or the DWSL
    It would be far better if they had it like the Champions league ie top 2 or 1 from leagues around the country go into a knock out comp
    Where did it say it would be split regionally? Also have to totally disagree with your last point, A national league with teams from different areas would allow more of the best players play each other, train together and become better players. A champions league thing would be almost what we have in the national cup. Also compared to a national league it would exclude a lot of players, which would kind of defeat the purpose in my opinion