Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    There is of course local rivalry, which would stop some players moving club. I know we have approached a number if players the manager feels would strenghten the squad and a few have trained and a few others have given commitmet to train and maybe play a friendly but untill the forms are out and signed then nothing is for certain. We are training hard and determined to show we belong there. Were not idiots we know it's going to be tough but when we started out last year we had a goal of playing teams like fairveiw and pike and we aren't going to give it up without a fight this season
    I don't think it is rivalry that would stop too many players swapping clubs, but more from a loyality thing and where their friends are playing. I know in the past alot of people in shannon disliked park as they were the top team and at times others teams players fancied playing in the premier in town and gave it a go. Those clubs then built up a grudge against park, which i hope does not hapen to ye.
    It is great for the the Town A team & Park/Hibs A team getting promoted in their division, but there are still too many good players playing in different teams, there would be a good team between the pick of town and hibs A teams. I suppose that will never change....

Shannonman, how are the pitches coming along. Also i think ye will stay up if ye get a few early points to settle ye. That will depending if the fixtures are nice to ye or not. Ye gave Pike a tough games 2 years ago in the lawson in shannon, so i expect that the premier teams will not like travelling out there. Hopefully ye get a few new faces to give competition for places at least.
    Best of Luck for the season, from another Shannon man.......
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

2. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    did nt paul o donnell play for pike at one stage,casey a big loss to pike if true.
    Pike were actually his first club as a schoolboy i think!Paul played up there for a few years up to the age of 10 before Pike withdrew their teams at all schoolboy levels.His affinity to the club lies further back than people think.........

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun View Post
    I don't think it is rivalry that would stop too many players swapping clubs, but more from a loyality thing and where their friends are playing. I know in the past alot of people in shannon disliked park as they were the top team and at times others teams players fancied playing in the premier in town and gave it a go. Those clubs then built up a grudge against park, which i hope does not hapen to ye.
    It is great for the the Town A team & Park/Hibs A team getting promoted in their division, but there are still too many good players playing in different teams, there would be a good team between the pick of town and hibs A teams. I suppose that will never change....

Shannonman, how are the pitches coming along. Also i think ye will stay up if ye get a few early points to settle ye. That will depending if the fixtures are nice to ye or not. Ye gave Pike a tough games 2 years ago in the lawson in shannon, so i expect that the premier teams will not like travelling out there. Hopefully ye get a few new faces to give competition for places at least.
    Best of Luck for the season, from another Shannon man.......
    Cheers G4F
    Our newer pitch had a lot of money invested in it to try get it ready for the start of the season but i dont think it wil lbe(due to a lack of rain after it was done)...it'll probably be Christmas at the earliest and Corrib Drive has had a lot of work done over the summer to get it ready and i know its still ongoing, after training the last couple of weeks up there it is certainly looking better now than it ever has...

Think the early fixtures are important alright..you dont want to be chasing everyone after a couple of weeks.
    Im I correct in saying that the fixtures are out friday?? did someone say that earlier??
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Cheers G4F
    Our newer pitch had a lot of money invested in it to try get it ready for the start of the season but i dont think it wil lbe(due to a lack of rain after it was done)...it'll probably be Christmas at the earliest and Corrib Drive has had a lot of work done over the summer to get it ready and i know its still ongoing, after training the last couple of weeks up there it is certainly looking better now than it ever has...

Think the early fixtures are important alright..you dont want to be chasing everyone after a couple of weeks.
    Im I correct in saying that the fixtures are out friday?? did someone say that earlier??
    would shannon town and park draw a big crowd.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    with enough pencils and paper they'd be well able

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolman View Post
    would shannon town and park draw a big crowd.
    as in if they played against each other ....not as much as years gone by when it was a big big derby, but not so much now i think. However if they had met last year in the fai to get out of town i am sure you would have gotten a decent crowd....
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    star signed any new players? heard stuart Bussoli hasn't resigned, bit of a loss considering he was in 1a team of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    No team has signed any player as of yet......Forms out on friday night.....lets all calm down
    sick of narcissists.....

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard there losing mickey macdonnell to jansboro though, any truth in that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilboa_legend View Post
    who is mickey mcdonnell and where did he come from.?theyll need more than micky mc.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    There is of course local rivalry, which would stop some players moving club. I know we have approached a number if players the manager feels would strenghten the squad and a few have trained and a few others have given commitmet to train and maybe play a friendly but untill the forms are out and signed then nothing is for certain. We are training hard and determined to show we belong there. Were not idiots we know it's going to be tough but when we started out last year we had a goal of playing teams like fairveiw and pike and we aren't going to give it up without a fight this season
    best of luck anyway shannonman.hope that he settle in early into the division.as g4f says very important to get afew early points.had some great battles down the years at schoolboy level with shannon town but ye kinda faded away at junior level for a bit.alot of them lads never seemed to have gone onto playing junior which was a shame as they were fine players.enjoy the season anyway.im sure corrib drive will be as hard as ever to get points out of on a sunday

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Road View Post
    Pike were actually his first club as a schoolboy i think!Paul played up there for a few years up to the age of 10 before Pike withdrew their teams at all schoolboy levels.His affinity to the club lies further back than people think.........
    i hear your coming out of retirement abbey rd??did you finally sort them dodgy hamstrings?

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Well he was training with Star tonight anyway, and hasn't missed a training session yet since we went back on the 30th June.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    no ronnie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Shannon and Carew to go down. Pike to win the league again. Will be closer this year I think though.
    Mama Mia!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    if pike are as good as they were last season no-one will touch them, hope they learnt from last season it should have been the best season in their history

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by are you serious View Post
    Fairview to win it from Pike, Shannon and Corbally to go
    pike to win it again.fairview runners up again.corbally and star to go.there is no way corbally will get away with what they got away with last year.it was a joke.wembley should be still in premier league.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    is it true that pa magarry is on the move to Fairview...???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xpskid View Post
    is it true that pa magarry is on the move to Fairview...???
    yea 100% true.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    yea 100% true.
    id be very surprised to hear that.its retiring he should be after his performance in the semi final of the mj.he got a roasting.

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast