Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Whats a level playing field having just as much money as your opponents to pay out or having a bunch of lads who have some talent and a lot of loyalty and pride in the jersey they put on.
    The premier league in town is boring these past couple of seasons and this nonsense about players getting caps if they sign for a certain club is a myth just look at the players who got capped last season.
    Like what was said in previous posts the only good thing about the premier league is the relegation battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    Whats a level playing field having just as much money as your opponents to pay out or having a bunch of lads who have some talent and a lot of loyalty and pride in the jersey they put on.
    The premier league in town is boring these past couple of seasons and this nonsense about players getting caps if they sign for a certain club is a myth just look at the players who got capped last season.
    Like what was said in previous posts the only good thing about the premier league is the relegation battle.
    i know for a fact that pike rovers dont pay players,expenses maybe and hosp expenses,insurance covers their injuries if their out of work,now maybe other clubs are doing it who knows, otherwise its only all hearsay.now managers are getting it off clubs and rightly so for the time and effort they put into it,no-one should be out of pocket by playing junior soccer,people are jumping on the bandwagon the first mention of money, and the same clubs are blamed all the time,blue in the face from listening to it,i know players have said that they got paid off certain clubs,but they have given that as an excuse to leave that club,so white line unless you can come up with concrete proof give it a break because you are getting so boring same thing all the time with you.
    Last edited by daisycutter; 10/07/2010 at 6:12 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    [QUOTE=daisycutter;1374954]i know for a fact that pike rovers dont pay players

i stopped reading after that

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Lads go easy...the season hasn't even started Nd the thread is in danger of getting shut down. There is no point coming on here SPECULATING whether teams pay players or so on...because either way what's said on here ain't going to change the situation.

We are going to be in the same boat in a month starting a season fresh, chomping at the bit and some of us more so because we have the opportunity to play in a league we feel we deserve to be in and have waited a long time to get back into because we didn't do ourselves justice the last time.
    It's no surprise we are favourties to go down it's only natural but I'm hoping we can rock the boat a little maybe surprise a few people and grind out results.

Oh, and why can't it be a hobby that we take seriously...
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    Lads go easy...the season hasn't even started Nd the thread is in danger of getting shut down. There is no point coming on here SPECULATING whether teams pay players or so on...because either way what's said on here ain't going to change the situation.

We are going to be in the same boat in a month starting a season fresh, chomping at the bit and some of us more so because we have the opportunity to play in a league we feel we deserve to be in and have waited a long time to get back into because we didn't do ourselves justice the last time.
    It's no surprise we are favourties to go down it's only natural but I'm hoping we can rock the boat a little maybe surprise a few people and grind out results.

Oh, and why can't it be a hobby that we take seriously...
    A league Shannon deserve to be in...don't make me laugh!!..Shannon should be playing in the Clare league alongside your neighbours Newmarket and Bunratty.Shannon are denying a Limerick club the opportunity to play in their own premier league.from what I hear steps are being put in place to right that wrong from next season on(for definate if Shannon are relegated)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Deal with it mate...Jesus who cares...Fair play to Shannon and Im not even from there...some people are just sooooooo narrow minded....!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindoctor View Post
    A league Shannon deserve to be in...don't make me laugh!!..Shannon should be playing in the Clare league alongside your neighbours Newmarket and Bunratty.Shannon are denying a Limerick club the opportunity to play in their own premier league.from what I hear steps are being put in place to right that wrong from next season on(for definate if Shannon are relegated)
    jesus get over yourself,,shannon town deserve there chance in the preimer this season they earned that right with promotion.... while on the subject why not also send charleville back to cork & newport back to tipperary

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    We deserve to be in it by getting promoted from 1A last season....I'm not going to bite on the whole Clare league comment we are closer to Limerick city than alot of teams in the leagues.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Just to clear up why we don't get into the whole payers getting paid thing on this forum,any time we allow it to be talked about the first thing that happens is that foot.ie (*Adam the owner of foot) gets an email or a registered letter from the club concerned saying they don't pay their players and threatining legal action if we don't remove it from the forum.

This site is on a hiding to nothing if we allow it to stand and any posts referring to it will be deleted.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faces View Post
    if i find out its true im ordering a couple of gallons of apples from bulmers and charging them to yee.no sign of black jack on here is he waiting for new season.
    just keeping my powder dry faces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
    just keeping my powder dry faces
    you have the answers and your just waiting for someone to slip up.ah ha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Any truth in paul o donnell being no.2 to connie heard casey jacked it?? Bad form from o donnell if true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalegend View Post
    Any truth in paul o donnell being no.2 to connie heard casey jacked it?? Bad form from o donnell if true
    Doubt it, isnt he a fairview man and hates Pike?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

did nt paul o donnell play for pike at one stage,casey a big loss to pike if true.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    We deserve to be in it by getting promoted from 1A last season....I'm not going to bite on the whole Clare league comment we are closer to Limerick city than alot of teams in the leagues.
    fair play Shannonman,you reacted well...didn't take the bait at all.Shannon Town have earned the right to be in the Premier league and I'd like to wish them the best of luck for the coming season.

17. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindoctor View Post
    fair play Shannonman,you reacted well...didn't take the bait at all.Shannon Town have earned the right to be in the Premier league and I'd like to wish them the best of luck for the coming season.
    on the subject of shannon town fc have they signed many players for next season?shannonman surely with the size of the shannon area and with there being 6 other clubs in the vicinity (bunratty,rineanna,park,shannon olympic,newmarket,newtown)there would be a good selection of players to get a team together to handily stay up in the premier division?or is it a case of alot of local rivalry within them clubs that players dont move around between them?have many lads from the above teams joined ye over the summer?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    did nt paul o donnell play for pike at one stage,casey a big loss to pike if true.
    did Casey and Connie have a falling out?..Casey's given Pike a lot of service between playing and managing...big loss alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaidin View Post
    Doubt it, isnt he a fairview man and hates Pike?
    Odd, He's played with Pike A and B at different stages of the last few seasons. Some hatred eh?!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedd11 View Post
    on the subject of shannon town fc have they signed many players for next season?shannonman surely with the size of the shannon area and with there being 6 other clubs in the vicinity (bunratty,rineanna,park,shannon olympic,newmarket,newtown)there would be a good selection of players to get a team together to handily stay up in the premier division?or is it a case of alot of local rivalry within them clubs that players dont move around between them?have many lads from the above teams joined ye over the summer?
    There is of course local rivalry, which would stop some players moving club. I know we have approached a number if players the manager feels would strenghten the squad and a few have trained and a few others have given commitmet to train and maybe play a friendly but untill the forms are out and signed then nothing is for certain. We are training hard and determined to show we belong there. Were not idiots we know it's going to be tough but when we started out last year we had a goal of playing teams like fairveiw and pike and we aren't going to give it up without a fight this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkx View Post
    Odd, He's played with Pike A and B at different stages of the last few seasons. Some hatred eh?!!
    Didnt knoe thath to be honest.

Im just going on what he said. At munster junior and other games all he was saying ws he hoped they were beat and he hated them.

It would be bad form if he was to go to Pike after giving Geraldines his wor he would be their manager next year.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast