Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    anyone no when the 1st league fixturea are out??

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Thats interesting actually casilles. Do people on here think its possible for teams to keep up to 16,17 or 18 players interested?
    I think its very tough for city teams that have only one team.
    Its easier for teams with a B team as they can bring players up as needed and i reckon its easier for non city teams as quite often people are playing for their parish so they get more loyalty.

I reckon you cannot keep 18 players happy if those 18 players are relatively close in ability.
    hi pacman been along time since we have spoke!

I agree that it is tough to sustain a big squad, espically with there been over 30 teams between O Neill Park to Mayfield Park, players who are left out for 2/3 weeks will most likely look to move . Big numbers at the moment but i do believe you need the competion to challenge.

On the subject of parish teams i do also agree, you only have to look at leeside kinsale park all have B teams if not C! also in terms of facilities it seems better too. 1 club in the town with everyone pulling together.
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post

On the subject of parish teams i do also agree, you only have to look at leeside kinsale park all have B teams if not C! also in terms of facilities it seems better too. 1 club in the town with everyone pulling together.
    Whats the ruling on this i thought when you sign for one team and play for them you can only change teams after a transfer its not fair to be honest and should be changed......
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Hi all this is my first mail here,,it took a while to get signed up but here i am playing my football for grattan "B" in norrieland.. so can ye all take it easy for the first timer on here thanks hope to get into the swings of thing soon on here........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Village 1 Kanturk 5
    First game of the season today!!nice start in what is a usally bogey team for us!
    Down 1-0 at half time playing up the hill so wasnt too bad,saying that we domonated the first and second halfs to be fair!
    Looking forward to bohs tues night!!should be a cracker,both on threee points!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Mossie Linehan Cup

Greenwood 1-1 Bohemians..........Very tough game today played on what is probably the worst football pitch in the AUL, only pitch i ever played on where you play up a hill in each half!!!.......Trying to control the ball on that pitch was near impossible a bumpy hard hard pitch!
    To the game o-o at half time not much chances but in the 2nd half it opened with both sides hitting the woodwork we scored a soft an enough goal on 65 straight from a free kick and conceeded in 75 min, a defensive mix up but in the end draw was fair result
    So thats 4 points for us and another tough game expected when the boys from Kanturk visit the Fairfield on Tuesday night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    A.U.L. 2A

Thursday 26th August - Millstreet Celtic 4 Killowen 0

Saturday 28th August - Killowen 1 Rylane Celtic 1.

We will start with Thursday- midweek games are always tough with with players working until 5.30 -6.00 or in some cases not available. We got to Millstreet for 6.25 although two of our squad didn't arrive until 6.35. Barely enough time to get changed let alone go through a proper warm up. We did o.k. in the first half and it was 0-0 at the break. However we gifted Millstreet four goals in the second half courtesy of some crazy mistakes. We did hit the bar from a set piece and had a number of half chances but no complaints as we got what we deserved.

Saturday afternoon was a different story, a big improvement on Thursday nights display. We passed the ball well and showed great battling qualities against a physically strong Rylane side. We had a lot of possession but didn't test the Rylane 'keeper until very late in the game. Unfortunately we conceded a very soft goal after 70 minutes but kept probing and got a deserved equaliser two minutes from time.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killer"B" View Post
    Hi all this is my first mail here,,it took a while to get signed up but here i am playing my football for grattan "B" in norrieland.. so can ye all take it easy for the first timer on here thanks hope to get into the swings of thing soon on here........
    Alright littleman oops I mean killerB , ye sure are off to a great start
    Be Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Well pass n move if you think im littleman fair enough,, but i aint him,, im apart of the B team in grattan which is AUL3A..As for this season so far played 3 and won 3 great start to the season but long road ahead have Ballincollig tomorrow nite out in there pitch any info would help !!!! Great game sunday morning up in o neil park wit grattan B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well pass n move if you think im littleman fair enough,, but i aint him,, im apart of the B team in grattan which is AUL3A..As for this season so far played 3 and won 3 great start to the season but long road ahead have Ballincollig tomorrow nite out in there pitch any info would help !!!! Great game sunday morning up in o neil park wit grattan B
    Well Killer"B" I'll believe you but there will be doubts - especially seeing as Littleman always refered to the Grattan 2nd team as the Killer B's...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    well thanks innisvila well after long readin through old fourms that how i came to use name ,,, now pass and move i see ur location o neil park what brings you up and around o neil park then ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    now pass and move i see ur location o neil park what brings you up and around o neil park then ????

excellent football
    Be Champions

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldihno View Post
    Village 1 Kanturk 5
    First game of the season today!!nice start in what is a usally bogey team for us!
    Down 1-0 at half time playing up the hill so wasnt too bad,saying that we domonated the first and second halfs to be fair!
    Looking forward to bohs tues night!!should be a cracker,both on threee points!
    I was at the game and i thought village were a far cry from previous years and ye fully deserved the win. I think village took other intrests when they looked out of the game and it cost them a man.
    Since somewhere around 2001/2002 wnen coming runners up in 1 A village have been in the top 2 divisions (Prem & Prem A) with Kanturk a league or 2 behind (with the exception of 2 years ago).
    This being said how could village be yer "Bogey team"?
    Maybe its the "Village B" team your talking about?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Little Man / Killer B's
    There wasn't much need for inspector clueso here.
    The Catloic Church couldn't cover up that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    that it pass n move excellent football,,,that why i play for the killer B i shall be playin out in Ballincollig tonite vs Ballincollig if ye want see the KILLER B in action i aint little man pass n move you should know who i am if you are up and around grattan!!!! i play either wing ?????? for the b team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Mossie Linehan Cup

Bohemians 1-1 Kanturk......................Good game played up in the Fairfield where both sides went at each other hard but fairly i must say, a bit of hand bags towards the end but we ll get over that!
    To the game even enough first half Kanturk started the first 15 better but thought we came into more after that battled hard and created a great chance after about 25mins but the Kanturk keeper pulled off a superb safe from our centre forwards half volley
    2nd half thought we wer the better side Kanturk did miss a great chance though to go 1 up but we scored a good goal after 65 mins from our new signing Deccie Gostal....
    I thought we were comfortable enough till kanturk broke with about 7 mins to go and scored a header bad defending from us to be honest game fizzled out towards the end but i think Kanturk were lucky enough to take a point of us tonight Donaldihno you might disagree but i think ye got a shock up there tonight at how good we can be .............

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    WAS at grattan v village not a bad game at all.grattan deserved the win.i see good wins for killumney and ballyvolane they are now the qualifiers from group d.macroom haveing a poor time of it .conceeding 4 goals for the 4th game in a row,glenthorn beaten 4 nill by leeside struggling too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Legohead weve played village 8 times in last 4 or 5 years in league and cup up in mayfield!
    Never got a win or draw!
    Two seasons ago we played them in a promotion play off for premier football at kanturk!!
    We lost the game 4-3!were playing premier a since 05 id say!thats why i think there our bogey team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Holden wats the story with ye are ye missing players are what seem to be struggling badly at moment hit for 4 again tonight...... any excuses????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaffa7 View Post
    Mossie Linehan Cup

Bohemians 1-1 Kanturk......................Good game played up in the Fairfield where both sides went at each other hard but fairly i must say, a bit of hand bags towards the end but we ll get over that!
    To the game even enough first half Kanturk started the first 15 better but thought we came into more after that battled hard and created a great chance after about 25mins but the Kanturk keeper pulled off a superb safe from our centre forwards half volley
    2nd half thought we wer the better side Kanturk did miss a great chance though to go 1 up but we scored a good goal after 65 mins from our new signing Deccie Gostal....
    I thought we were comfortable enough till kanturk broke with about 7 mins to go and scored a header bad defending from us to be honest game fizzled out towards the end but i think Kanturk were lucky enough to take a point of us tonight Donaldihno you might disagree but i think ye got a shock up there tonight at how good we can be .............
    Ah scaffa we knew ye be good,actually i was thinking before i read this that not many teams be goin up to fairfield getting points this year!
    Anyway back to the football,well battle!you got it spot on there,but i think we deserved a point!
    There wasnt too many chances from both sides!I thought it looked a 0-0 to be honest!
    We didnt get a shock,ye won the 1st division last year,we knew how tough it would be especially away from home!

Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast