3 Posts
    i think he played with avondale a few seasons ago pacman

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    MACROOM 2 KNOCKAVILLA 1

we started the better and were on top for much of the second half to be fair..wasnt many clear cut chances our 1st came midway through half good play down the right play to myself put it threw for mackie aka mr versatile.great finish with his head 1-0.nearly got a 2nd after shot from outside the box just wide.wasnt many chance after that for both sides.2nd half knockavilla got an early corner which we clear and broke down the but their centre half cleared it out when we should ave scored.knockavilla nearly scored with a cracking shot from about 20yards but our keeper pull off an unbelievable save to keep it 1-0.they got on top after that and made it 1-1 ball over the top to robbie walsh cut inside and finished it well..knockavilla looked most likely to nick the winner after that but failed to take their chances
    we broke down the right with 4mins to go our winger bait 3 or 4 players switched it to mackie he put james threw to make it 2-1.
    that win now hopefully keeps us safe.no game this weekend ballyvolane away next tuesday win their and we are 100% safe...
    Last edited by sharpshooter; 26/04/2011 at 8:50 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    coachford 1 Kinsale 2
    Great three points for Kinsale tonight in coachford, Kinsale had a few chances in the first half, hitting over from only a few yards out on two occassions and the goalkeeper making a few expected saves, hurley made one gud save in the kinsale goal half way through the first half 0-0 at half time.Half way through the second half coachford were awarded a penalty and converted it.Kinsale pushed hard for the equaliser and were unlucky not to score from some great crosses, the goalkeeper made a great save from one of the forwards, the equaliser came soon after a header from a corner, then Kinsale pushed for the winner and it came after a gud move ,the centre forward was played through and he finished well for the winner.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    was over and back to liverpool when he was younger and he played with avondale years ago..top player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Blarney St Ath 5 Grattan 0

Played well, Gary Coughlan got a hatrick , JP and Simon with the others. Kinsale left to play at home and thats all she wrote for us this season!!!
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Bohemians 1-2 Killumney

Last game of a hard season and we did nt disgrace ourselves tonight against a top team had the bare 12 and another start for our now Former manager Derick Daniels [WHO SHOULD HAVE STUCK 2/3 OF THE CHANCES!!!!!]..... As matter of fact to be honest we should have probably won the game but only for some wasted chances and a blunder of the highest order from our keeper at the very end gifted the game to Killumney
    Killumney started the better and took the lead after 15 mins but after that we bossed the game and as i said had 3 great chances one stopped on the line when a half volley from spud smashed of the centre halfs head to fly out for a throw unreal!!
    2nd half again had a couple of half chances and made it 1-1 in the 80 min but then disaster a nothing ball was thought to have gone out by our keeper but it rolled along the line hit a bit of turf span around the post hit our keeper on the leg and went in unbelieveable who"d be a keeper!!...That made it 2-1 and with 2 mins to go it ended that way
    Best of luck to Derick on his next adventure as he takes over Castleview next season 17 long years with Bohs and it "ll give me nothing but pleasure when the Bohs get one over them next year!!
    Will give it another lash next season and hopefully go a little bit further than this season, fell a bit short but still very proud of the team and hopefully we"ll get to the promised land the Premier league and compete against the very best next season!
    Last edited by scaffa7; 26/04/2011 at 9:41 PM.
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Coachford 1 Kinsale 2

Well we certainly can t be accused of rolling over to any of the teams going for the league even though we are just playing out the season. A really tough game last nite in balmy conditions, really good pace to the game throughout. After defending well from Kinsale set pieces in the first half we took a deserved lead when Liam Eager converted from the spot after Aidan Buckley was fouled in the box. This was our second penalty appeal, there was one prior to that when a defender handled the ball when on the ground, seen them given but alas not to be. We had a few opportunities after that through Chip Murray and Gary Murphy but failed to convert which came back to haunt us.

Credit to Kinsale they rode the storm after the goal and really came at us. Their first came from a cross from a cleared corner, ball was returned and a header which hit one post ran across the line hit the other post and in it rolled. Their second goal and Skippy i do nt know what game you were watching with your "good move" , came directly from a kick out which beat two competing midfielders in the middle and bounced over our 2 centre halfs, Stevie Goulding on as sub came back to haunt us reacted quickest to the race and finished well. Kinsale saw out the game well, only a half chance from a John Hogan free kick.

I have siad it from the start that whoever finishes above Kinsale would win the league, boy do these boys know how to win matches they have a great attitude and for that i take my hat off to them, we were far from outplayed last night but again take nothing away from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    So a potentially historic night for Innishvilla - a win tomorrow night (Thursday) coupled with anything other than a win for Hibernians (any chance of a favour from our neighbours Kinsale?) would mean the first ever league title to Innishannon or Innishvilla at Junior level.

3 games - 4 points...
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 27/04/2011 at 10:47 AM.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    best of luck inish....dont think ye need to be relying on any favours though so just win yer 4 points and thats it.....great setup down there so deserve to be playing at a much higeher level...have ye played any of the so called bigger teams this year?

i would think great bet to go straight up next year as well
    The lads have played a few games against higher teams this year - two were days to forget - Lost badly to Knockavilla in AOH (local derby - the guys were really dissapointed with their display on the day) and lost to Douglas Hall's MJL side in the out of town section of the Munster Junior.

Other than that - they've beaten Pearce in MJC, Springfield in County, drew with Ballyvolane and lost on penalties in the FAI, lost to Leeside B AET in the county cup. So all in all the team would see themselves as being more than capable of giving the 1st division a good run next year (once there) but they will be the first to acknowledge improvement needed.

Personally the thing about this team that has me really taking note is the age of the players and the commitment to soccer. Typically the club could always produce a team that could compete with anyone on a once off basis, but a lot of the players would be unavailable with GAA commitments. This years first choice 11 might have one player who plays GAA for the top Vally Rovers team. Age wise I think I mentioned before - the starting 11 from the saxone cup final had 3 players ~ 30, the other 8 were all under the age of 21/22. It is really a historical thing a lot of work has been put in at underage - those players are starting to come through now, the most of this young team won a youths Division 1 title two years ago.
    George Hamilton...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    Coachford 1 Kinsale 2

Well we certainly can t be accused of rolling over to any of the teams going for the league even though we are just playing out the season. A really tough game last nite in balmy conditions, really good pace to the game throughout. After defending well from Kinsale set pieces in the first half we took a deserved lead when Liam Eager converted from the spot after Aidan Buckley was fouled in the box. This was our second penalty appeal, there was one prior to that when a defender handled the ball when on the ground, seen them given but alas not to be. We had a few opportunities after that through Chip Murray and Gary Murphy but failed to convert which came back to haunt us.

Credit to Kinsale they rode the storm after the goal and really came at us. Their first came from a cross from a cleared corner, ball was returned and a header which hit one post ran across the line hit the other post and in it rolled. Their second goal and Skippy i do nt know what game you were watching with your "good move" , came directly from a kick out which beat two competing midfielders in the middle and bounced over our 2 centre halfs, Stevie Goulding on as sub came back to haunt us reacted quickest to the race and finished well. Kinsale saw out the game well, only a half chance from a John Hogan free kick.

I have siad it from the start that whoever finishes above Kinsale would win the league, boy do these boys know how to win matches they have a great attitude and for that i take my hat off to them, we were far from outplayed last night but again take nothing away from the game.
    Credit to Coachford for battling all the way to the finish line.
    (Never an easy place to go and win - we lost out there last year)

I think you'll agree Inswinger that football is more enjoyable if you're playing to win rather than going through the motions.
    There was certainly no one going through the motions out in Coachford last night!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I certainly would agree Shilts, although we had nothing to gain but the 3 points it's always good to pit yourself against the best and see where you are. Even though we came out of it with nothing, the performance was encouraging and the effort was 1st class which says everything about the application the squad of players have given this season to Malcolm who can be quietly satisfied with his first season with us. Two more games left for us which could have an effect on both ends of the table against Knockavilla and Wilton.
    A solid base to work on for next season when hopefully we can mount a strong challenge, the league could do with a new name on it Shilts, even though you might disagree with that one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    To win the Cork AUL Premier you need 40 -45 points, usually.
    We won it with 36 once, but 36 won't get you into contention today.

Teams generally don't improve at the top level by more than 10 - 12 points, I reckon.
    (that's four extra wins)

Inswinger, you've got 27 at the moment with 2 to play.
    Possible total 33 points!
    Next year add 10 - 12 and you're in the ball park

But if you only finish on the 27 you have already it would take a big jump to go to say 45 points next year.
    18 points? - 1 extra per game might be too big a jump in one year.

The final table is an accurate reflection of how good a team really is, and can indicate a team's potential for the following year.

Of course all this is just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Div. 2a

Best of luck tommorow night One Footed . Anything other than a Leeview win, we will be very happy. I would take a draw right now which would leave Ourselves and Leeview battle it out in a Relegation Playoff. Funnily enough the 2 points which we dropped above in your place recently may cost us but sure we will wait and see.

Getting exciting at the top aswell. I actually hope Millstreet win it this year especially after been so hard done by last season.
    To escape criticism ~
    do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Park 1 - Leeside A 3. Dominated game. Pity we couldn't have played like this a few weeks ago when they beat us in little island. We were missing 5 usual starters. It suited us, team was much hungrier. 1 up at half time. Went 3 up, Park got consolation at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegym View Post

Getting exciting at the top aswell. I actually hope Millstreet win it this year especially after been so hard done by last season.
    Refresh my memory Junglegym, what happened Milstreet last year that they we so hard done by?

On a seperate note Division 3 is looking like a facinating run in.

Leeside 1 game left on 40 points - can reach 43. Leeside to play Parkview
    Cork Road Celtic 1 game left on 40 points - can reach 43. C.R.C. to play De Courcy
    De Courcy Alb. 1 game left on 39 points - can reach 42. see above
    St. John B's 2 games left on 37 points - can reach 43. Bosco's play Carrigtwohill and Greenwood

Looks likely that there could be a 3-way tie for the top on 43 points.
    Last edited by Innishvilla; 28/04/2011 at 7:38 AM.
    George Hamilton...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innishvilla View Post
    Refresh my memory Junglegym, what happened Milstreet last year that they we so hard done by?
    Don't want to get into any discussion about this old topic, But I think Springfield got a very late equaliser to take the Title on the last day. A Millstreet win would have given them the title.

On tonights result. Leeview pass us out and send us down,

Millstreet vs Crescent last game of the season . .. Whoever wins this game will win the title or else a Draw will do Millstreet. Should be a cracker of a game....
    To escape criticism ~
    do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    So it is two games left 1 point needed. A pretty poor performance last evening against City Wanderers but got the goal we needed in the last 10 to seal a 2:1 win that keeps us 6 points clear of Hibs both with 2 games to go. Casement Celtic away on Saturday and hopefully the lads will wrap up the season in style.
    George Hamilton...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegym View Post
    Best of luck tommorow night One Footed . Anything other than a Leeview win, we will be very happy. I would take a draw right now which would leave Ourselves and Leeview battle it out in a Relegation Playoff. Funnily enough the 2 points which we dropped above in your place recently may cost us but sure we will wait and see.

Junglegym, only saw your post now, haven't been on here in a while as the gaffers at work and at home are keeping me on my toes!!
    Sorry we couldn't do you and your club a favour last night- a disgraceful performance by us compared to our last 2 games v Waterloo and Crescent. I missed the start of the game as I was up the country yesterday and only arrived about 20 minutes into the game to hear we were 1 down and playing terrible. Maybe we were just going through the motions as it was end of season but we have a decent home record in the league and we should have been intent on maintaining it. Our manager emphasised that point to the players in addition to the fact that Leeview were fighting for their lives and it was going to be an even tougher game than we got from Crescent Ath. Aside from the relegation issue, we needed to win just to finish the season as we began it with a home win. Sadly we didn't perform and were out fought by a harder working side who fully deserved their win. I can safely saw that was one of the worst displays from a Killowen side in a long time. Last night saw our manager Deccie in charge for the final time as he is stepping down after over 10 years as manager, some posters on here may know him from his playing days or as a manager. All I can say is that having played alongside him and assisted him on the line for the past few years, the man is a pure gent and probably one of the best players I have ever played with. He won't stray too far though as the man is football mad and will continue to help out behind the scenes.

Millstreet v Crescent should be a cracker on Sunday, two good sides. Hard one to call so may the best team win.
    Last edited by Onefootednopace; 29/04/2011 at 4:43 PM.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Dillons Cross 3 - 1 Fairview

Went to the cross last night to watch this. Was expecting a lot out of fairview given their league form and their recent 5-0 Michaels cup win but to be honest Dillons Cross were much the better side.

Was very impressed with Dillons Cross centre field, Clive Kiely who used to be with Castleview Seniors years ago looked a step above everyone else. Also they had another guy, a foreign guy, think they were calling him Ruben who was very impressive. Just sat in Midfield, good in the air, good tackler and a good ball player. Cenre forward also never stopped running and caused the fairview defence fierce problems.

Ugly scenes at the end with almost a 22 man brawl resulting in a few red cards which kind of spoilt the game as there wasnt a dirty challenge the whole game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hows it going lads. I'm a new poster having read for a while. i hope to contribute positively and lend my opinion to all. lol.