Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    I was thinking more like Kinsale trying to buy McCarthy more time if doubtful for final.......
    Nobody saw me...you can't prove anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Thanks Innish. League came down to the wire which made it feel better to come out on top in the end. Congrats to ye too. Any one of ye have any idea when the corinthians cup final could be on?
    KC i heard last night corinthians cup final is on either Tues 14th June or
    Thurs 16th June.

We played Fairview last night in last away league game of the season.Very even affair,should have got a point out of it but conceded a sloppy goal 10 mins from time.
    Monard is far from like a snooker table.Nearly worse than Carrigs pitch

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Park, the snooker table comment was in jest as Im sure you well now. You seriously think we don't know that we need to improve our ground and facilities? Give us a bit more credit.

I would appreciate the haves not digging at the have nots. Im sure Park didnt begin life with the facilities they have now. You got 30 grand spare you can give us?

Amazing how few sides who win in Monard complain.....................

You have the same clue whats going behind the scene in Blackstone as I do about behind the scene in Park - zero.

Maybe I am wrong and this dig is not aimed at you alone Parkboy but I always think guys who built up the clubs would never make comments like that..............never seen "hard times" as the old phrase goes.

I know WHEN we have facilities to rival others that I will never dig at the "have-nots".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Au Revoir Mes Amis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Au Revoir Mes Amis
    you leaving us two horse..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Sorry Parkboy that our pitch wasnt up to Mitchelstown standards. Far from snooker table football pitches you were reared. What exactly was your problem with our place, just want to hear the wisdom of a professional park utd player.
    As horse said, havent heard anybody else complaining.
    Red and whte, in a perfect world yes we would love to be playing on perfect surfaces every week but do you really think that AUL clubs in all divisions have the finances for that ? I think not. If we were to stop teams being promoted because of their facilities, i fear we would lose clubs every year.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 28/05/2011 at 10:55 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    spot on owl, there are so many fancy dan guys playing today who havent a clue what it was like 20yrs ago when matches were played on patches of grass in fields where a farmer wouldnt put a cow and "dressing rooms" were a row of cars lined up beside. Most games were played on a sunday morning when lads got out of bed and never missed a match. Players were on the whole loyal to one club and fought for their places rather than walk out!
    Yes, nobody wants to go backwards, and fair play to all the clubs that improved their pitches and facilities, but those who are whingeing about other "less fortunates" be thankful for what you have and thank those who went before you to put them in place.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Park, the snooker table comment was in jest as Im sure you well now. You seriously think we don't know that we need to improve our ground and facilities? Give us a bit more credit.

I would appreciate the haves not digging at the have nots. Im sure Park didnt begin life with the facilities they have now. You got 30 grand spare you can give us?

Amazing how few sides who win in Monard complain.....................

You have the same clue whats going behind the scene in Blackstone as I do about behind the scene in Park - zero.

Maybe I am wrong and this dig is not aimed at you alone Parkboy but I always think guys who built up the clubs would never make comments like that..............never seen "hard times" as the old phrase goes.

I know WHEN we have facilities to rival others that I will never dig at the "have-nots".
    Lads I want to apoligise to any of the lads/clubs i offended by my earlier comments.I have been involved with Park all my life and we are one of the lucky ones who have what we have.The reason being that the biggest club to us is Fermoy 10 miles away and we were lucky with the grant we got years ago.What we take in from our busy astro turf facility pays from our groundsman so without that we wouldnt be where we are.
    There is much worse pitches around than Monard or Carrig so as the saying goes Rome wasnt built in a day and im sure every club want and will improve their facilities given half the chance.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Big Question for all those in the know !!!!!! What was the big meeting at the cross today for the AUL commitee ?????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkboy View Post
    There is much worse pitches around than Monard or Carrig ....
    One word - Silverheights

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It makes me angry when you think of the money that the AUL "lost".
    Compare this to the standard of some AUL pitches out there that teams are still being forced to play on week in\week out due to lack of funding.
    Could that money not have went into building an AUL complex or doing some serious improvements to existing pitches?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Corinthians Cup Final
    Friday 17th June
    Kilreen Celtic vs Park B

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    lads Monard is certainly not in anywhere near the worst pitches league! some far worse out there
    "Build it and they will come"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    big game tomorrow night carrig vs springfield, just wondering what happened bout springfield game that was called off?? did they get the points?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    big game tomorrow night carrig vs springfield, just wondering what happened bout springfield game that was called off?? did they get the points?
    No idea but it says on the AUL blog that tomorrow nights game is a title decider which it wouldn't be if Springfield didn't get the points for that game so may be they did get them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Learpholl View Post
    No idea but it says on the AUL blog that tomorrow nights game is a title decider which it wouldn't be if Springfield didn't get the points for that game so may be they did get them.
    Ya they were given the points! Nice and handy for them!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What is the refereeing situation for carrig v springfield? Is it referee on his own or because of the significance is there linesmen appointed as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by padjoe View Post
    What is the refereeing situation for carrig v springfield? Is it referee on his own or because of the significance is there linesmen appointed as well.
    We had a league decided with Glenvale last year in the final league game for both sides and it was just the ref, no linesmen so I don't think the AUL normally consider it. However for a big game I do think it is a good idea, especially when it's a local derby as well!!!
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    its basically up to the teams involved. If they want linesman they can get em and pay for em. We did it in the past against Kinsale but regretted it afterwards.
    Best of luck to Carrig tonight.
    In fairness both sides are good enough to go up and with a number of "higher" teams rumoured to be folding then both probably will go up irrespective of tonight.

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    its basically up to the teams involved. If they want linesman they can get em and pay for em. We did it in the past against Kinsale but regretted it afterwards.
    In fairnes thebooboys, the linesmen didn't cost ye the game that night.
    I remember Wilton had linos against us in a title decider a few years back also.
    It is a good idea IF you can afford it.

Especially if there is going to be a big crowd, the ref needs every bit of help that he can get.
    Wouldn't it be a good gesture from the AUL to pay for the extra officials for the big games (out of fines money?)