Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    was talking to gary nolan last nite absolutely shocked when he told me he was packin in the ball,what a pity.ballyvolane seem to be doing a grattan from what im readin on this

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I promised myself........and so did Ola by the way.......that we wouldnt get involved in this topic anymore. But I have to respond to just one comment. That was a bad comment about Ola club hopping. He was one of a few who carried Hibs the last few years - they stabbed him in the back and he left. We tried then to get him because we knew how commmitted he was to whatever club he was with. He went to Glenthorn and everyone up there will tell you he took that B team as far as he could, even though the writing was probably on the wall for half a season. We chased him again and are delighted to have him.If we more like him in every club, the workload wouldnt fall on the same few, as is in most clubs.

He isnt a manager who would walk over dirty jerseys on a dressing room floor, like some managers we discussed earlier in the season.

We have had phonecalls from guys telling us they wanted to join and then not doing anything about it - funny people in a funny transfer window. We have now been linked to 12 players!

Best of luck tomorrow View - I heard an old tale that 40 years ago when ye reached the Final, the boys actually had illegal players!! But it didnt come out for years after!! ye have signed a good player from us and I wish him well too, even though he is cup tied for tomorrow.

Gary Nolan will regret packing in football if he does - not just him - an old saying from a guy 10 years or more older than him................."If I knew 10 years ago, what I know now!"

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    big low for ballyvolane if thats true.great player

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    lads let me put the record straight now.garry nolan trained with us wednesday night. he had acrack rib and was injured for a few weeks,ive just been on the phone to him and he doesnt know where the story came from.he will be in monard tomorrow for league match provided no reaction to ribs.as reguards us like grattan ,i dont think so.one player left us to go to leeside to team up again with his brother.thats all.from what i hear its a few leeds players that were on the move,dont want to mention names though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxone99 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Anyone have directions to Cork Road Celtic's pitch in Fermoy?
    Thanks
    try this it might help http://www.blarneyunited.com/How_To_Get_There.htm

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    shetland thanks for the info saves some running around tomorrow, which i heard had happened lasy year! this is one of the good things about foot.ie
    "Build it and they will come"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    no bother cas,saves a lot of running around.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    Ola, shetland calm down. I can see both points. I can remember it happened to us years ago, a player who played with us all his life had never signed the master form. Mistake by our secretary. In fairness AUL are much more understanding than MSL. They accepted it was a genuine mistake as we had put his name on the card. We lost the points but only got a small fine. Fair enough punishment we felt - it was a genuine mistake but still illegal. Thanks Glenbuck - our minors are in open draw now hopefully a home draw and not one of the Donegal teams. Who you with Glenbuck?
    My loyalties lie out Whitechurch way but as I have said earlier I would go anywhere to watch good players regardless of age, level or club. Have not made up my mind where I will go this weekend.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    This really is getting comical - Cork really is too small - comment regarding Gary Nolan has already been attributed to me !! There is a difference between GOAL-ACHIO and OLACHICO - I was in bed most of the day after work last night and just heard back that apparently i'm the one who said it

So i'm even causing trouble in my sleep ;-)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Best of luck to the AUL v MSL next wed. Lets all come together now lads as one and support our league, many of ye on here have a player or 2 involved. Just saw the squad on AUL site and though ive seen stronger squads over the years its not whats on paper that wins games as we all know!! See ye all there wednesday!
    OLA, get yourself checked out there kid for sleepwalking !!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Horse we went to Swilly Rovers in 2006 for a reunion of the 1962 FAI Junior Cup Final teams. Had a great weekend but yeh a lot of those guys admitted they had two illegal players. But thats the way things go no point looking back, just going mad for the legends that played they deserved a winners medal. For the next 7 or 8 years Castleview got to the quarters & semis a few times but never managed to get the holy grail. Ya Pa is a good player hopefully he does well for us. Glenbuck if you're looking for a game on Sunday our u-14s are playing at 2 at home against Ballinroad from Dungarvan in the National Cup.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ola you're a great man causing trouble while asleep. Haha. How did you find out the comment about Nolan was attributed to you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Just a quick point about the AUL panel, we had a player requested to go to a training session last week, he turned up didn't receive much of a welcome or even a small bit of a chat from the management, his number was taken and he was told there would be a training game on tues/wed just gone, he never received a call or text about it, and now the panel is up. I think they need to learn some manners and show a little respect to players who have had the decency to turn up when requested. Whether or not he was picked or even considered for the squad is irrelevant.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    My loyalties lie out Whitechurch way but as I have said earlier I would go anywhere to watch good players regardless of age, level or club. Have not made up my mind where I will go this weekend.
    Cork U15s V Clare out in CSN on Sunday at 2. You wanna see these fellas - scaringly talented!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Have to agree with you horse watched them very good. We have a couple on the squad. Was just looking at AUL squad. Can't believe Pa O'Connor is in the squad. Great player but from talking to Grattan people he hasn't played all season, only one game with the B team.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    Ola you're a great man causing trouble while asleep. Haha. How did you find out the comment about Nolan was attributed to you.
    I got a message today from someone asking me!! i had to say it was some guy named Goal-achio - similar name but not the same!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Just a quick point about the AUL panel, we had a player requested to go to a training session last week, he turned up didn't receive much of a welcome or even a small bit of a chat from the management, his number was taken and he was told there would be a training game on tues/wed just gone, he never received a call or text about it, and now the panel is up. I think they need to learn some manners and show a little respect to players who have had the decency to turn up when requested. Whether or not he was picked or even considered for the squad is irrelevant.
    radiostar i was at that session - was he a left full back??

Players were told they would recieve a text IF there was a game - otherwise training as usual in CSN on the Wednesday! Approximately 50 players have been looked at upto this point - should the rest of the 30 that werent in the panel have got a text too???
    Last edited by olachico; 21/01/2011 at 11:51 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Well thats what he was told Olachico, don't know how many were at the session, more like 20

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There was 17 at that session - but approximately 50 have been looked at in total over a period of weeks

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    totally agree with you radio star.but its typical of players not in the cartel so to speak.ive always said the oscar traynor set up is a joke anyway,thats been proven wih a lot of kinsale players not makeing themselves available.as ive said before dont be surprised if players on this panel will be playing with bandon next season.ive said before and i will say again a ul should have given job to member of their own league..especially after the dismal performance in turners cross last year.