Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shetland View Post
    no need to call again the player is now staying, as reguards yere centre forward been linked to us earlier ive no idea where it came from and i found it strange he was linked to our b team . silly pre season prank i would say.
    No bother at all - our paths are bound to cross at some point anyway - we both get to alot of matches so if you want to discuss what I did wrong you can - i dont mind - as far as I'm concerned everything I did was above board!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Lads things hotting up a little but I suppose transfers between northside clubs will always court controversey. Haven't been around for a few weeks but we're doing ok 3 wins in last 3 games. At home to Wicklow Rovers in FAI next week, never got a mention in the previous betting prices. Cas is eddie kenny not on goal for ye anymore. Holden have to say very impressed with your scoring record, ever think of playing Senior with someone? Have to mention our Minors who are in the last 16 of FAI Minor Cup, beat Carrigaline 5-2 last night.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    didnt really give much taught to it to be honest but ud never know...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Shetland to be fair to the lads from Blackstone, the same player approached us to join us and said the exact same thing that he didn't want to bring the form to you to sign. Nobody from our club chased him either. The other point about a Blackstone player being mentioned at the Ballyvolane AGM, I was at that AGM and I don't recall anything ever being mentioned about any Blackstone player joining the club. So ye can all be friends now again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Shetland to be fair to the lads from Blackstone, the same player approached us to join us and said the exact same thing that he didn't want to bring the form to you to sign. Nobody from our club chased him either. The other point about a Blackstone player being mentioned at the Ballyvolane AGM, I was at that AGM and I don't recall anything ever being mentioned about any Blackstone player joining the club. So ye can all be friends now again.
    Radiostar it obviously wouldnt be announced if the player was at the Blackstone AGM at the time because there was no way he was signing anyway . I'm just making a point that certain clubs arent immune to approaching players themselves - hence my people in glasshouses remark!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    As a last comment on Mr Shetland there is nobody in our club afraid to approach our secretary. Says something. You keep saying "dropping down". Remember the old saying - dint burn any bridges on the way up.......etc. Part of the reason your B team went because of illegal players and how it was handled Mr Sec. Last delegate meeting was Bally and illegal player mentioned too? Careful taking the high road .You have probably been in football longer than me so you should know it's better to have friends rather than enemies. You seem to be rubbing a few teams up the wrong way. Can't be good for the club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    horse really enjoying you and your sidekick olachico getting yer point across to shetland but could ye put us all in the picture and name the player yer on about

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Trouble, John Cochran is his name............great player by all accounts.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    From what I heard he was also linked to carrigtohill a few weeks ago. Young fella probably bein swayed by some older heads

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    good man horse heard alot about the chap

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    From what I heard he was also linked to carrigtohill a few weeks ago. Young fella probably bein swayed by some older heads
    Yeah Boo - read Radiostars post - if the same thing happened in both cases - what do you think??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    As a last comment on Mr Shetland there is nobody in our club afraid to approach our secretary. Says something. You keep saying "dropping down". Remember the old saying - dint burn any bridges on the way up.......etc. Part of the reason your B team went because of illegal players and how it was handled Mr Sec. Last delegate meeting was Bally and illegal player mentioned too? Careful taking the high road .You have probably been in football longer than me so you should know it's better to have friends rather than enemies. You seem to be rubbing a few teams up the wrong way. Can't be good for the club.
    horse your illegal players point is totally wrong please check your facts,a bally b player who had been with the club for years and was comeing back after injury ,who to this day thought he had signed the master form .this ONE player was found by a random check by aul to have not signed the form. he subsequently signed and this was accepted by aul at a meeting.it wasnt reason b team folded,.lack of committment from players was main reason.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    horse your illegal players point is totally wrong please check your facts,a bally b player who had been with the club for years and was comeing back after injury ,who to this day thought he had signed the master form .this ONE player was found by a random check by aul to have not signed the form. he subsequently signed and this was accepted by aul at a meeting.it wasnt reason b team folded,.lack of committment from players was main reason.
    Unreal - check your own facts - he wasnt registered - THERFORE ILLEGAL!!!! And you just said it in your own post!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'View View Post
    Lads things hotting up a little but I suppose transfers between northside clubs will always court controversey. Haven't been around for a few weeks but we're doing ok 3 wins in last 3 games. At home to Wicklow Rovers in FAI next week, never got a mention in the previous betting prices. Cas is eddie kenny not on goal for ye anymore. Holden have to say very impressed with your scoring record, ever think of playing Senior with someone? Have to mention our Minors who are in the last 16 of FAI Minor Cup, beat Carrigaline 5-2 last night.
    yep view there are!! good run for ye. at home ye gotta fzanct yerselves and i know im not the only 1 who hopes ye advance good luck in that.

Ya Eddie is still playing with us view , but its a squad game now and Crowe has signed to play everywhere, on goal, centre half upfront!!

holden/ sharpshooter tis something to think about, your after some season so far and a lot more to come

Lads there is some ferious comments coming over transfers.
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    yep view there are!! good run for ye. at home ye gotta fzanct yerselves and i know im not the only 1 who hopes ye advance good luck in that.

Ya Eddie is still playing with us view , but its a squad game now and Crowe has signed to play everywhere, on goal, centre half upfront!!

holden/ sharpshooter tis something to think about, your after some season so far and a lot more to come

hopefully more to come.we will see what happens sure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post

Who ll be starting in your next game Cas u injured/suspended or what .....Will Dave get a chance very good keeper it "ll be hard to shift him if he gets in..... a bit like Man City with Given and Hart!!!!!!!
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Unreal - check your own facts - he wasnt registered - THERFORE ILLEGAL!!!! And you just said it in your own post!!!
    one player not players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    one player not players.
    Ah silly me - didnt realise it was ok to play ONE illegal player - where is that in the rulebook Shetland? I'm not a secretary of a club but pretty sure thats not in there ;-)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    look i havent never denied that a mistake was made with players reg but it wsnt reason why our b team folded as horse was saying.and you and i both know that players are playing illegally every week under different names etc.we put the players name on card ,wouldnt do that if we had known he wasnt signed. but as u said still illegal according to rules,.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Nice one The View. Is Eddie Who in goal for Street ???? Best of luck to your minors.