Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    on pacmans point of a playoff that puts one of the leagues with more teams than the other which the aul are tryin to balance out at the moment.
    No it wouldnt. Three teams come down fro premier A, with two coming up from one of the first divsions and one from the other depending on who wins the playoff.
    Two teams from premier A then go into the first divsion from which two came out of.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lets just say i attend most aul games out in coachofrd as i live close by i also go to alot of macroom games . Know the Aul fairly all round. i hear big things expected about these 2 clubs this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    i might know who you are so takethat?last year was a great year for macroom football so hopefully win can build on it again this season...our 2nd team i think will be fighting to come up again..and hopefully ourselves can finish in the top 5 or even challange for it you never know...

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has heard a definite date for the start of the league season. Will the Mossie Linnane Cup involving the Premier teams begin on 21st August and all divisions then commencing the week after? Or will everyone start on the same date?

Just trying to work out our schedule for training / friendlies in the coming weeks.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Overthehill, Ballyvolane dark horses ??????????...........First year up, dont know about that mate. Who you involved with ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think its going to be very hard for the promoted teams to chalenge for the title,but that could depend on new signings.also i hear a lot of players have left grattan any truth in this littleman,figo gone to st marys and eric shinkwin gone too.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id say ye would probably come in mid table. its deceptively hard to pick up points in the premier league..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    owl, im just going on rumours, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty with a few of the "top" squads except Leeside and im wondering will this give an oppurtunity to the promoted teams who should be itching to have a crack off them. Holden seems to be fairly confident of Macroom having a good season and i saw them and yereselves a few times last year and ye wernt bad. I know Melrick brought in a few players last year and i hear there may be a few things stirring up there again. Why would you be knocking yereselves already owl or are you being a clever little Bird???????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Overthehill, Holden is dead right to be confident, and why wouldnt he be, they won the league but also they have been there before so its not exactly the unknown for them. As for the other prem league squads, no facts just rumours.
    As for Ballyvolane, i would love to see them do well but im no longer involved with the club so i have no idea if they have lost, or gained players. I just know if i was still involved, the last thing i would be doing is suggesting that Ballyv were dark horses. But hey, thats just my opinion.
    What club are you with ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the owl View Post
    Overthehill, Holden is dead right to be confident, and why wouldnt he be, they won the league but also they have been there before so its not exactly the unknown for them. As for the other prem league squads, no facts just rumours.
    As for Ballyvolane, i would love to see them do well but im no longer involved with the club so i have no idea if they have lost, or gained players. I just know if i was still involved, the last thing i would be doing is suggesting that Ballyv were dark horses. But hey, thats just my opinion.
    What club are you with ?
    Where did you go to owl??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    As the name suggests i finished playing a few years ago owl having played with a few clubs so i would still bump into a lot of guys that are still involved with teams and would pick up the news. There are more "signings" made on a sat night in town that have disappeared by monday morning this time of year so as you say lots of rumours!! Not tied to any club now so free to comment on everyone- its great. Have you moved on somewhere else or just freelancing now like me.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bieber View Post
    i think its going to be very hard for the promoted teams to chalenge for the title,but that could depend on new signings.also i hear a lot of players have left grattan any truth in this littleman,figo gone to st marys and eric shinkwin gone too.
    IF that is correct bieber, those two players would be a big loss to Grattan. I ll believe it when i see it though as they seem to have a tight bunch in Grattan. Figo as littleman correctly points out on his day is as good a player as anyone in the league. Littleman has been very quiet but i would expect that he is working quietly recruiting players and would be very confident of making a strong challenge again this year. I think Knockavilla will make a strong start after their excellent finish to last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    cheer's for that owl who have you moved to?...overthehill you have to be confident if your not whats the point and playing thats what i think anyway we have played alot of premier teams in the last two years ive been with macroom and our record is very good played 9,lost3,won 4,drew2.

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Lads, we got a mention at the AUL meeting the other night...........

We were discussing referees and the point was made that we need a pathway to comment on refereeing performances, not on Foot.ie.

So, make contact with your secretary or whoever and send in comment to the AUL on the bad refs and also, lets not forget, the good ones. The AUL have assured everyone that it will be anonymous and the comments generalised so as not to indicate where they come from. Lets use this pathway now and lets see where it takes us.

Owl, you may have to go back to ballyvolane because the dream of playing for Wednesday seems to have evaporated this morning!!!

No-one is mentioning Park or Blarney Street in the Prem talk...........may not be as far away as people think from the top three.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, a new rule from the FAI. home team must get sanction from AUL for all friendly games - yep you are reading it right. i havent misprinted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    i heard the other day skillington left blackstone for ballyvolane b any truth in that olachio

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Ola, I just packed it in due to a knee injury i picked up last season and had to have surgery 2 months ago. Too much to risk another injury like it. Il still have my say in here though !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It is true Figo is gone to Marys, shinkwin is supposedly undecided although is training away with grattan, heard today harry Goulding is Leaving for Marys also.. Also i was talking to Lofty (grattans keeper) and he told me he is not playing anymore so thats huge losses to Grattan especially a keeper of his ability,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    i heard the other day skillington left blackstone for ballyvolane b any truth in that olachio
    haha - i even had to ring Skillington when I read this laughing - I can 100% tell you that he hasnt signed for Ballyvolane B . Why would a player who was playing Premier A and was on the Cork AUL panel go playing 2nd division???? He reckons we need to get lives and stop posting rubbish on the internet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think your dead right, the ammount of rumors doing the rounds at the moment is unreal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Thats part of the fun and games biber. Our Mr Skillington has been the subject of a few funny ones this pre-season. Luckily for us, all 17 who finished the season are around again & we have three new guys who have settled in well.

A week is a long time in football however!!

Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast