Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2414

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casilles View Post
    Another new "high profile" signing for The Street!
    What time is the press conference?
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    General query here lads. We are looking to update our pitch lining machine and our treasurer is looking at the cost of replacements. As funds are tight, he is trying to obtain one at a decent price. Anyone on here know a good source? Even a second hand one in good order would suffice.

Thanks.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Another new "high profile" signing for The Street!
    Would it be a BOHS player Cas ................Wears gloves!!!
    WE ARE GOING UP I SAID WE ARE GOING UP!!!!! BOHS CHAMPIONS 1A 09/10

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Well tis cold this time of year so ya!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Well tis cold this time of year so ya!!!
    Ha ha postion under threat Cas!!
    Just to confirm it to the other posters our former keeper has signed with Blarney St...........very good signing for them, as for us our gaffer was of the mark fairly lively in the transfer business to get a replacement and signed an excellent keeper today that will probably start for us on Saturday

Are u injured Cas!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    scaffa was talking to bohs player last night and he said yer keeper left for blarney street just read casilles comment saying high profile signing now yer point behind two games in hand and my source tells me he didnt play yer last three league games yer second keeper did so not a bad replacement is he is it true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    scaffa was talking to bohs player last night and he said yer keeper left for blarney street just read casilles comment saying high profile signing now yer point behind two games in hand and my source tells me he didnt play yer last three league games yer second keeper did so not a bad replacement is he is it true
    Cant under stand why our former keeper left to be honest we are in a great postion in the league and still in the AOH Cup a bit confusing TBH i dont know the ins and outs about the whole situation he had his reasons but yes he did 2 league games but as far as i know that 2nd keeper that played those games is already signed the Gaffer signed a new keeper today................
    Last edited by scaffa7; 20/01/2011 at 4:37 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Get a fabricator or even a welder to make one. Use water and lime as opposed to spray. Saves thousands

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    lads can i have your oppinions on this please.i had a caller to my house the other night ,to sign a transfer form for one of our players.,it was the first i had heard of him going and hadnt heard any thing from the player himself.to me this is totally unacceptable, surely if a player is unhappy and wants to go the manager of team should have been made aware of this and if he wants to go then so be it. thankfully i totally refused to sign form and having met with the player who trained with us tonight,he has committed himself to us for remainder of season,he also said that the club in question have been onto him all season to join them.totally wrong.same player is a premier league player and to move down a grade wouldnt be in his best interest.gave an exhibition in training tonight as well. the same club wouldnt be to pleased if i went to them for one of theirs.have any other clubs had this problem.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shetland View Post
    lads can i have your oppinions on this please.i had a caller to my house the other night ,to sign a transfer form for one of our players.,it was the first i had heard of him going and hadnt heard any thing from the player himself.to me this is totally unacceptable, surely if a player is unhappy and wants to go the manager of team should have been made aware of this and if he wants to go then so be it. thankfully i totally refused to sign form and having met with the player who trained with us tonight,he has committed himself to us for remainder of season,he also said that the club in question have been onto him all season to join them.totally wrong.same player is a premier league player and to move down a grade wouldnt be in his best interest.gave an exhibition in training tonight as well. the same club wouldnt be to pleased if i went to them for one of theirs.have any other clubs had this problem.
    Shetland - i've no problem saying it was me - i was talking to said player the other day - he said he wasnt happy and wanted to move on - i believe he also trained with Carrigtwohill earlier in the month. he signed the form - both cancellation and registration but said he didnt want to approach you to sign it - as I live in the area and was passing by i called in - Our secretary also phoned you earlier that day but you didnt answer - Also while we are at it you might clarify why it was to be announced at ye're AGM last year that our striker was to sign for ye! If a good player becomes available Shetland i wouldnt be doing my job if i didnt try to sign him - Everything was done above board from our clubs point of view . Also people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ;-)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

The player in question wanted to come to us, he signed the transfer form & asked us to make contact because he did'nt want to do it himself. I rang you that day and I asked the caller to call to you (secretary & part of management team?).You said you wanted to speak to the player. The caller left. It seems the player is telling both sides what we want to hear..........

Strange how only certain transfer related activities make it on here isnt it Mr S?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Any Result on tonights Munster Junior Cup game. Macroom vs Douglas Hall ??
    To escape criticism ~
    do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junglegym View Post
    Any Result on tonights Munster Junior Cup game. Macroom vs Douglas Hall ??
    Douglas won 4-3 .

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    MUNSTER JUNIOR CUP

DOUGLAS HALL 4 V MACROOM 3

first of all what a game to watch id say.we went one up in side ten minutes.they got back to 1-1 within ten and just before half time went two one.we got back level before the break threw a pen.second half we took a short corner why i dunno they cleared cought us on the break player brought down in the box pen 3-2 douglas hall..to be fair to douglas hall they played so great football.they got their 4th with bout 15 to go sloppy defending again our part..we then hit the angle of the woodwork great strike from our left back.we ad a free kick just outside the box same player hit it sweetly dunno how the keeper got to it but it was an unreal save great keeper he was tonight.we managed to make it 4-3 great ball in from the right headed in to the bottom corner with 3 to go....ad a throw used the direct route flicked on player all alone in the box ref blew for off side didnt think he was myself.great game best of luck to douglas hall in the next round...proper match repot to follow.better not say won scored..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Shetland - i've no problem saying it was me - i was talking to said player the other day - he said he wasnt happy and wanted to move on - i believe he also trained with Carrigtwohill earlier in the month. he signed the form - both cancellation and registration but said he didnt want to approach you to sign it - as I live in the area and was passing by i called in - Our secretary also phoned you earlier that day but you didnt answer - Also while we are at it you might clarify why it was to be announced at ye're AGM last year that our striker was to sign for ye! If a good player becomes available Shetland i wouldnt be doing my job if i didnt try to sign him - Everything was done above board from our clubs point of view . Also people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ;-)
    people in glasshouses you are way out of line there yere player was linked with our b team and had nothing to do with ballyvo
    llane a .and i believe it was in the close season when players are free agents.and his name never came up at our agm.ive the minutes to show that.the subject is now closed.the players last words were that his head is wrecked from the approaches,he is a young lad and has a very bright future ,he will get even better playing against the top teams in aul.he is staying put now and no player should leave any club unless his manager has been informed.i dont think you would have signed a form either if it was yere player.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shetland View Post
    people in glasshouses you are way out of line there yere player was linked with our b team and had nothing to do with ballyvo
    llane a .and i believe it was in the close season when players are free agents.and his name never came up at our agm.ive the minutes to show that.the subject is now closed.the players last words were that his head is wrecked from the approaches,he is a young lad and has a very bright future ,he will get even better playing against the top teams in aul.he is staying put now and no player should leave any club unless his manager has been informed.i dont think you would have signed a form either if it was yere player.
    Nope - said player was also linked with ye're A team - but i'm not even talking about that in relation to the people in glasshouses remark - i was talking about a voicemail left on the phone of a player from another club ;-)

Ye're player wasnt forced to sign the form - but if ye convinced him to stay good luck to ye!!
    Last edited by olachico; 19/01/2011 at 10:46 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post

The player in question wanted to come to us, he signed the transfer form & asked us to make contact because he did'nt want to do it himself. I rang you that day and I asked the caller to call to you (secretary & part of management team?).You said you wanted to speak to the player. The caller left. It seems the player is telling both sides what we want to hear..........

Strange how only certain transfer related activities make it on here isnt it Mr S?
    0nly reason for is its not the way transfes should be conducted.he wanted to come to yee.,and didnt get any approach at all. someone is tellying porkies somewhere.he has now decided to stay in premier and not drop down so that should be the end of it. if a player wanted to join us i would give him the form to get signed by the cub he was leaveing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Nope - said player was also linked with ye're A team - but i'm not even talking about that in relation to the people in glasshouses remark - i was talking about a voicemail left on the phone of a player from another club ;-)

Ye're player wasnt forced to sign the form - but if ye convinced him to stay good luck to ye!!
    i dont know of a voicemai
    could you ellaborate. and again i can say that i never approached any of yere players that had signed for yee this year.
    Last edited by shetland; 19/01/2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I did give him the form - he asked would i get it signed ! i fail to see what i did wrong! Our secretary tried to contact you as well - I can call around again to discuss it if you want - or you can get in touch with me - shouldnt be too hard to find me!! it wasnt one of our players that the voicemail was left on the phone! i never said YOU contacted any of our players!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    no need to call again the player is now staying, as reguards yere centre forward been linked to us earlier ive no idea where it came from and i found it strange he was linked to our b team . silly pre season prank i would say.