Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Blackstone Rovers 2 v 3 Leeside.

Alas, I sit before you with a familiar story. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Leeside went 1up after 2 mins. By the time we equalised after 38, we well deserved it. Their keeper had a very good day - some good saves. So did our guy, especially one before we scored our second and he dived at the strikers feet.

Start of second half was slow but we picked up and had more of the game. Game began to open up as we had to win. Chances at both ends with us on top I think. We scored a deserved second on 85, but conceded very sloppily on 86. Heated discusssion on that one! Last kick of the game, they scored the winner from the spot. Our guy swears the incident was outside (he has divotal proof!!) and that he got the ball.

The finish bitters the taste of what was a good performance. Overall in the Mossie, we should have gotten more in every game, so happy with our performance levels in long spells, but not so with our silly mistakes. We will do alright I think. Prem A looks like it might be nerve wracking again!!

Saw MSL site the other night - no holds barred there. I must start throwing insults to liven us up!!
    How did Leeside look Horse? Heard they lost a few players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    How did Leeside look Horse? Heard they lost a few players.
    Pacman, they didnt have everyone out - No Barrett or Delea or really tall guy. Whether it was just a one game absence or not, Im not sure. Ola noticed one or two more but I will let him mention those. They were a good side and we played really well. Goalkeeper was excellent.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The keeper was a different guy from the one who started the last league game versus kinsale - Not sure if he was even the fella who came on in that game! There was a centre half missing as well but think he may have signed for the CCCCCCC team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Was alot missing for leeside allright on sat, just like the rest of linnane cup campaign. Lads still away on holidays,work,weddings etc. Pannel has changed a small bit from last year a few more younger lads in it but still as strong as last year in my opinion. That was keeper who came on in final game of season v kinsale allright. Ya olachico, the centre half signed signed with cccccc team cause heading off to the land of oz this week. Great way to start the season off next week away v Grattan should be great game Killer B (Littleman)!!!!!

C team have had a great start to season winning 4/4 in league and winning presidents cup game also over the weekend, so v happy with that so far. must say the game over weekend v Hillington was absoutley distroyed because of the ref, wont mention name but all anyone has 2 do is look at the fixtures. Game was stopped every 5 min for a long chat with players and gave 2 bad pen, 1 to both of us. 1 was crazy, hit player in face, had the blood streaming out of nose to prove it, but was deemed hand ball!!!! should of been a sending off also, 1 on 1 and our player was pulled to ground, yellow given, lucky we scored winner from free kick!!!!!!!!1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Wilton 4 Macroom 1

Macroom A lost their final Mossie Linnane Cup to a determined Wilton side on Sunday, beaten 4-1.

This competition has not being kind to Macroom, partly due to form and also absenteeism. Macroom were missing 7 players for this game, and the team that took the field performed admirably. In fact the scoreline flattered the away side. Wilton hit the front on the half hour mark, when an acrimonious penalty decision allowed them to hit the front. Macroom equalised shortly after time, when a superb pass over the top from Darragh Deasy found Keith Holden who finished well. After this there were chances at both ends, but Wilton hit the front again on 63, when after a series of corners, one was turned in unfortunately by a Macroom defender. The away side pressed ahead, but the game was effectively over in the 75th minute, when a well worked corner was stabbed home at close range. Wilton got their fourth with the last kick of the game, to complete Macroom's misery. But with players returning, Macroom A have everything to look forward to in the league and cups to come

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    hi lads few reults to go over

Kinsale 2-0 Blarney St Ath
    went down to Madden park confident inourselves having won our previous two. IMO played well in terms of defending and possesion but lacked both the creativity and through that the finishing. had 70% of the ball in 1st half but 3 to go in the half , a long ball up was left bounce and 1 nil to the home team. looked to push on straight away but a mistake by our keeper{ a reina may i add} and it was 2 nil. hard to get 1 down the fort but 2!!!! and finished that way. I read hear that people are knocking kinsale for the type of football they play but results dont lie??? 4 played 12 points and none conceded

Blarney St Ath 0-1 Coachford
    If iwa annnoyed by the Kinsale game well after this if Mike Tyson himself had said boo to me i would have dropped him! how we failed to score is beyond me, granted coachford had 2 chances but we had 6/7 and a pen shout. Only positive i took {and it was tuesday before i could} was we created. Have signed Timmy Kelly from Glenvale and fingers crosssed will be a good one, looking foward to the league starting. i amd dissaponted not to have qualified but cant to **** all about it now!!

Little rant!
    Asked for free weekend for last week , Johnpaul Thgompson a long servent of both the club and the AUL was geeting married, we got shot down. n ow we applied for it at the 1st meeting, mossie was drawn out 5 in each group, 4 games each, 5 match days as such, the first sat/sun, tues, sat/sun, tues and last sat/sun surely it could have been fixed so we had last weekend off????? small bit of work maybe 3 mins???? Now im not for 1 min suggesting thats why we lost, just read above for that. This weeks fixture Blarney St Ath vs????????????? No Game
    "Build it and they will come"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=holden10;1397599]Wilton 4 Macroom 1
    Wilton hit the front again on 63, when after a series of corners, one was turned in unfortunately by a Macroom defender.

I thought it was a cracker myself!!Very bad day at the office for myself, peno and an own goal,glad this competition is over for us now though, the best of luck to all the teams left!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    id be proud of the own goal myself kid haha...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know where knockavilla are playing this year? are we not in year 5 of the aul's 5 year plan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red and black View Post
    Anyone know where knockavilla are playing this year? are we not in year 5 of the aul's 5 year plan?
    I think they are still up in their pitch in Knockavilla - haven't heard different...
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red and black View Post
    Red and Black - it was a different country, a distant world when that was introduced. Our houses were worth money, we knew we had jobs beyond next week, Liverpool were Champions of Europe.........a tear in my eye!!!

Seriously, the AUL had to abandon it. Sponsorship, even ticket buyers are gone. Clubs are surviving by the skin of their teeth now, not expanding. Fair play to the likes of Ballyvolane and Blarney Street who encountered the problem a different way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Well lads weekend fixturesAlmost apon us it cup weekend for some teams both grattan teams in action this week first it the A team playing the last of there Mossie Linnane League Cup group game at home to Bohemians while the killer b"s are gearing up for sunday morning for the vist of park utd in the AOH Cup

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killer"B" View Post
    Well lads weekend fixturesAlmost apon us it cup weekend for some teams both grattan teams in action this week first it the A team playing the last of there Mossie Linnane League Cup group game at home to Bohemians while the killer b"s are gearing up for sunday morning for the vist of park utd in the AOH Cup
    I thought the A team were playing Leeside in the league?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    yes yes my bad i was just reading next week fixtures as i was writing out the last mail ooopppssss now lads would littleman make that mistake !!!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    so much for the "demise" of kinsale; played 4, 4 wins, 12pts, no goals conceded! Doesnt seem to be much wrong down in Charlesfort lads!!
    Consistency in a world gone mad over the hill. Still think whoever finishes above the lads in Charlesfort will win the league. Leeside seem to have lost and gained a few but should be as strong as last season. Grattan will be thereabouts as usual, Park are very difficult to beat, very under rated team and Ballyvolane without never seeing them play appear to be very competitive.

Pre season out in Coachford has gone reasonably well, Mr. Stokes has got a good response from the players and while we are still getting to know each other, there is a good buzz in the camp. We used the Mossie Linnane as our pre season and by beating Blarney Street last week end qualified for the knock out stages which was a bonus. The game could have gone either way with both teams guilty of missing plenty of chances. Our own season starts for real this sunday morining in a very difficult game in the AOH Cup when we welcome Springfield. Probably the worst draw we could have got considering their excellent form last season and their influx of players from the local MSL team. Huge game for us. They ll be shown the upmost respect.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    There should be more praise on this forum for the refs when they do well.
    On a different note lads while i ve only been at 2 of our games so far this seaon i was very impressed by the standard of refereeing on both occasions, the men on duty were Aidan O Regan and Damien O Mahony so kudos to both, both controlled the games very well and left advantage go as much as they could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    what time is the leeside game on tomorrow killer???i think ill go up to it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    3 o clock holden ,,,,but after my mess wit my mail this morning check to echo before you come up lol

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Grattan v Leeside moved back to 4 o clock

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Foot.ie! munster junior cup

Well lads, M.J.Cup draw out and quite a few crackers early on; how about these 3 taken from the preliminary round. Blarney Street v Leeside! Blackstone v Wilton A ! Leeds v Glenthorn! What about Round 1, Grattan should overcome Fairview and will meet the winners of Leeds/Glenthorn, while Greenwood A await the winners of Blackstone/Wilton ( the winners here should meet Kinsale in Round 2.) Ballyvolane renew pleasantries with Kanturk as do Springfield and Glenvale. Some "Big" sides going to bow out early this year! Any comments on the draw lads?