Thread: Cork AUL 2010/11

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by tricksey View Post
    Pearse c 0 - 1 kinsale,thought we deserved a lot more from d game considereing we wer d only team to try play a bit of football rather dan jus hoof d ball in to the corners all game but we gave away a sloppy goal and its not d 1st 1 dis season...dissapointed in kinsale tho i honestly thought de be a footballing team but not a bit very physical in fairness but bad wit d ball..all in all i feel wer looking gud for d season ahead roll on d 1st league game
    Remember an understrength Kinsale had already qualified before this game was played and there was a lot of experimenting with personnel and systems during this game.

We still created much more chances and won the game deservedly (IMO).
    Pearse tried to play football but were not let on the night.
    I was impressed with Pearse and they will do very well in their division but are short a few players needed to beat the top premier teams ... at the moment (IMO).

As for Pearse playing the pretty football...
    Arsenal won the league a few years back from ManU...
    Ferguson said "at least, we are the most attractive team in the league"...
    Wenger came back to him with "we all think our own wives' are the prettiest"...

Some quality reffing from Aidan O'Regan - allowing good advantages and booking players after the move had finished. Good to see him back in our league.
    Also Pat Murphy is a top ref and is an assset to the AUL. He did well in our game versus Coachford even though he gave a pen and a red card against us (both correct decisions IMO).
    Andy Mylod (?) is a good ref also and should be doing Prem games.
    There should be more praise on this forum for the refs when they do well.
    Who decides which ref does each division?

Anyway enjoy the season, and may the best team win?
    even if they are not the prettiest? haha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holden10 View Post
    not much to say until the league shetland dont ave a settled squad at the minute people going away on hols as mr v said havent started the same back four yet,once we ave all our player back we will be flying noi prob their...
    ah come on now holden,defenders keep the ball out ,must be afew forwards missing too as not much been scored either.your the first one on when yere winning and very quiet when looseing,all clubs missing players this time of year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    as reguards referees i totally agree with your comments on them,the 3 you mentioned are first class,,i do however think that mr o reagan is getting a raw deal from fixture sec, he should be doing prem and premier a games ,some of the games he has been given are a disgrace.he is a former league of ireland ref and top class ,.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Yes I agree wit you on the referee part he was top drawer and good to both teams.....We were missing a few players ourselves, 2 defo starters and had we had dem wudda being a lot different I feel..Short a few players ??? only for a goalkeeping mistake in the last minute we would have beating coachford and deservedly too their prem right?? and its not like ye out played us far from it yere chances came from yere goal keeper taking yere frees from jus inside yere own half and lobbing it in on top of our keeper the only chance ye created from open play ye scored in fairness but it was shocking defending from us and a good finish from yere forward... Best of luck for the season anyway and less of the ball in d air you'll get a pain in ur neck ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    one defender from last years squad shetland mainly all young so good experience for them they'll come good.ya agree with ya their goals arent flowing but they will missing our new striker alright thats it up front..its easyier to comment when your not losing you sould know that...

"Winning isn't everything. Wanting to win is."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi lads,knew to this.Some very good points from shilts,kinsale have been knocked for years for there football or lack of it but there record speaks for itself.If you finish above them theres a very good chance you will win the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Springfield End Knockraha's Long standing league unbeaten run

Knockraha 1-2 Springfield

2 Andy Hogan goals were enough to give us a win up in Knockraha last night to end what was a very impressive unbeaten run. It was a good fair game played in great conditions. We went 2 up with a few minutes to play and then they got 1 back to make it an uncomfortable last couple of minutes. However, we managed to hold out and the win put us top of the league with Carrigtwohill ahead of Knockraha by a point. From that point of view it was a massive game. If we had lost we would have fell 5 points behind and it would be an up-hill battle all season to claw back those points. Our junior team won 1-0 as well so its happy times down in Cobh.

Long may it continue.
    Forget what YOU want and think about the CLUB before there is none.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    So shetland how did ye're game against Kilumney go?? You never did mention that? Thought you would know - with you being their number 1 fan and all!! So you cant really say Holden doesnt come on here when they lose when you do the same! Has Gary Nolan played yet??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Gents, best if we dont mention refs by name on the forum. Remember we decided on that last year.
    Random strangers calling me Horse...........so still lots watching!

AUL have given us what we asked for, a pathway to give our opinion on the performance of Referee's performance if we think it can help. Write into Martin Conlon. As the Leeside rep said at the meeting, send in regarding the good ones too. Lets give it a chance and see if it works

I must admit, we were disapointed in all 3 of our games and most pre-season games too! A high percentage of incorrect calls for both sides.

In one of our games, one of the aforementioned good refs booked an opposition player. 82 minutes gone, result was probably a foregone conclusion. Their guy went for a normal tackle, a second late, no harm done, both guys shook hands and that should have been the end of it. Why book the guy? Why charge him a fiver? Is it upto the refs to consider the money?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    So shetland how did ye're game against Kilumney go?? You never did mention that? Thought you would know - with you being their number 1 fan and all!! So you cant really say Holden doesnt come on here when they lose when you do the same! Has Gary Nolan played yet??
    garry has been away in puerta rico on holidays will be back for next game.i didnt post for wilton game either and that was won.dont worry i will post win loose or draw when season gets going.any early predictions on who might struggle in prem or prem a.i think knockavilla and macroom might struggle and glenthorn and village in prem a.think killumney will rattle prem a,leeside and kinsale to fight out premier.ps in garry nolans 2 pre season games he bagged 5 goals
    Last edited by shetland; 03/09/2010 at 4:46 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shetland View Post
    garry has been away in puerta rico on holidays will be back for next game.i didnt post for wilton game either and that was won.dont worry i will post win loose or draw when season gets going.any early predictions on who might struggle in prem or prem a.i think knockavilla and macroom might struggle and glenthorn and village in prem a.think killumney will rattle prem a,leeside and kinsale to fight out premier.ps in garry nolans 2 pre season games he bagged 5 goals
    I heard he was back since last week - thought he would have been available for a few Mossie games then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    killumney for prem a..leeside for prem.and we wont struggle...pre season is pre season any one who reads much into that dont have a clue!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The Mossie Linnane isnt pre-season Holden ;-) But its still holiday season for players - with lots of people away in September from teams I'm glad the season started with the Mossie Linnane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    well not for must teams but it was for us this year lot of new players so manager wanted a good look at them..league(top6 or better) and AOH cup is our main targets

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I honestly think up to 6 or 7 can win premier A!
    Must admit avent seen kilumney play,but by looking at there results,they will probaly start as favourites!
    Im goin to go for kinsale again for premier,didnt concede a goal yet in mossie cup,and thats what will win them the league i think!
    We have gratten tomorrow so after playing against them my opinion could change again tomorrow evening!
    And of course you cant rule out leeside!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    I heard he was back since last week - thought he would have been available for a few Mossie games then
    garry arrived back sat afternoon last so couldnt play then ,should be available for a oh cup game,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Hi lads iv seen Kilreen this season there a good side. 4 under 17s playing some very good players. 2 Centre backs played Senior with us last season,Wayne Poo Dunlea and Dave Bennett the latter wasnt a starter. They'll win there league at a canter and they'll rattle the AOH aswell i think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Blackstone Rovers 2 v 3 Leeside.

Alas, I sit before you with a familiar story. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Leeside went 1up after 2 mins. By the time we equalised after 38, we well deserved it. Their keeper had a very good day - some good saves. So did our guy, especially one before we scored our second and he dived at the strikers feet.

Start of second half was slow but we picked up and had more of the game. Game began to open up as we had to win. Chances at both ends with us on top I think. We scored a deserved second on 85, but conceded very sloppily on 86. Heated discusssion on that one! Last kick of the game, they scored the winner from the spot. Our guy swears the incident was outside (he has divotal proof!!) and that he got the ball.

The finish bitters the taste of what was a good performance. Overall in the Mossie, we should have gotten more in every game, so happy with our performance levels in long spells, but not so with our silly mistakes. We will do alright I think. Prem A looks like it might be nerve wracking again!!

Saw MSL site the other night - no holds barred there. I must start throwing insults to liven us up!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Leeds 1 Killumney Utd 0

Great result for us! Good performance again after last week against Macroom. Kilumeny are a good side though to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Thursday 2nd September - A.U.L. 2A - Ballyvolane (B) 2 Killowen 1
    Sunday 5th September - Saxone Cup 1st Rd - Ard Na Laoi 3 Killowen 2

A bad start to September for us, we only have ourselves to blame. Five goals conceded in two games of which four of the goals were as a result of our mistakes and could have been prevented. Away to Ballyvolane on Thursday night, not the easiest place to get a result but we shot ourselves in the foot by conceding twice in the opening half hour. Ballyvolane hit the bar early in the second half but we then wasted two one on one situations with their keeper before pulling a goal back in the last minute. We were down to the bare bones for yesterday's Saxone cup game away to Ard Na Laoi due to injuries and players unavailable. Once again we contributed to our own downfall with the concession of two sloppy goals in the opening half. We started the second half in command against a well organised Ard Na Laoi side, but when one of our attacks broke down they caught us on the break for their third after 65 minutes. We kept battling and converted a penalty to make it 3-1 with 20 minutes to go. A goal direct from a corner kick made it 3-2 with 8 minutes left but that was as good as it got for us.
    Last edited by Onefootednopace; 06/09/2010 at 8:04 AM.
    "Garlic bread - it’s the future, I’ve tasted it."
    Brian Potter - Phoenix Nights